Black Chicken Studios Forums

Dueling?

Zyriex

So then Dueling:

In my opinion is a pretty damn big part of the game, considering it has an entire skill and minigame dedicated to it and its pretty much the only time you'll get use out of those offensive spells you can accumulate seeing how I've found that training yourself is a much better use of time than hampering others.

But it's extremely time consuming for almost no apparent benefit. I had to intentionally get my relationship with Phillipe down low (which took around a day or so), another action for Vendetta, another action for the Duel declaring adventure, and then the Duel itself. And then when I win I seemingly get no benefit other than he can't Bully me anymore? I could have achieved the same thing by raising his relationship with "Fill the Night with Stars" and gotten a few points of glory in the meantime...

I'm pretty sure enough people have complained about the incredibly oblique and unintuitive UI for duels and how fucking annoying it canbe to align Phemes for a spell.

But despite all of that I had a strange pleasure reading out my character taking Phillipe down in three turns (after the Pace, Salute bullshit) with expertly cast Fire Shards :D.

Though I did Durand's quest after this and wish when I chose "The Hair of a Bully" I had a "Want me to set you on fire again?" option

Archived