Black Chicken Studios Forums

Introducing: The One, The Only... MR PEBBLES!

freespace2dotcom

So, my Pebbles playthrough is the one that got wiped out by a corrupted save so I haven't played a full game with him, but I have to say that doing the Tutorial adventure step where Oan tells you about familiars when you have Pebbles is just brilliant. That really had me laughing out loud

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...?

I am not following that. I noticed you had the unique option to disregard Pebbles on the familiar festival day, but as the end of game goes all I got was what I think was a generic 'if he wants to come home he'll find you.' that I think all familiars get if you don't have any bond with them.

please explain what you got..

...?

I am not following that. I noticed you had the unique option to disregard Pebbles on the familiar festival day, but as the end of game goes all I got was what I think was a generic 'if he wants to come home he'll find you.' that I think all familiars get if you don't have any bond with them.

please explain what you got..

Yes it is the default exit but given that you send him away a few times and even pay 100 pim to get him stored fare away and he always managed to come back this is just great.

I don't know if the team wrote anything for Mr. Pebbles in the Pitt adventure but on step 3, (and its alternate steps a/b/c) I've written a small exit for him to further enrage/ disgust the player just because. :) I've wanted to do this since before I started writing Mr. Pebbles but now it's happening.

Where's your familiar when you need him? (autosuccess)

Filled with anger, words leave your mouth without thinking.

"<Pebbles>! Sick 'em!" you yell, angrily pointing at Mr. Sniffles.

"THIS STUFF'S WARM!" Your stupid rock replies from somewhere. You look for only a second, to find it rolling around on a freshly steaming turd that the pig laid on your brand new star charts you bought to get ahead in class with!

Boxie notices this and says "Man, your familiar is kinda nasty!" and tosses you a snot filled handkerchief with which to clean it up with.

Something breaks inside you in that exact moment. You're not entirely sure what it was or if it can ever be repaired, but you rush out of the room in tears screaming and by the time you've stopped, You're on all fours begging old Hendricks to take that boxie away, but clearly the mean old hag is just incredibly happy, feeding off the absolute despair of your broken shell of a self. After you get refused and you're stammering on the way out you notice your spellbook. When you manage to mention this to her you get a door slammed in your face. That old biddy is up to no good, and you are definitely going to bring that up at the dorm meeting.

Archived