Black Chicken Studios Forums

Suspension: worth it?

dustman

Playing as Avila astrologer with real interest in all things related to math, I've managed to build up most of the skills (including all classes maxed) just a month or so after mid-term exams. And stopped going to classes at all. One-two detentions a week were a norm, but it would save far more days for research and adventures. And, out of blue, I've been suspended :(

Three (!!!) weeks my activity looked like classes-detention-rest (rest in last 2 weeks). Now I think if it is worth it or not, time-wise. Ten wasted slots per week for classes vs. eleven free slots (plus eventual holidays). Maybe yes, maybe not, but fortunately it happened prior to end-term exams.

Personal I think it is not wort it to increase the class skills beside what you absolut must to get past the 50% / 100%.

Then try to just skip class timeslots where you didn't get teached anything.

As soon your tendency to get detention even after reloads get to high just complet stop skiping class at all for 3 week or so.

This way you keep a clean record and so never get close to Hall Sessions (or how they called again).

Alternatively, if you prefer playing a whole year in as few loads as possible, (I try for it all in one go) then I would recommend only skipping on the last week of the year. It's very VERY unlikely that you'll have to pay the penalty for it even if you get in trouble. Of course my character is more of an honor student and so tries for perfect attendance regardless, but... ;)

A quick note- there's a change coming to Detention, too, which will make it overall easier to Skip throughout the year, but which will make the odds of detention consistent throughout the game. If you savescum diligently enough, though, you can pretty much avoid detention throughout the whole year.

There may be a good reason to attend your Classes, if you port to Y2, though...:)

There may be a good reason to attend your Classes, if you port to Y2, though...:)

This.

It's why I don't bother with skipping. Though on that subject... Would an unfortunate sick day prevent the scenario which you speak of, Legate?

ATM, it looks like getting Detention, while three are already pending, leads to Suspension.

I agree that current detention rules are very annoying. Few reasonable professors would punish bright students for doing research on the subject instead of sleeping during lectures.

Schwarzbart;

"Oh so you say my troubelsome students who prefer to skip class as much as posible without going into detention will have big problems in year 2? "

No, not big problems at all. :)

dustman;

"Few reasonable professors would punish bright students for doing research on the subject instead of sleeping during lectures."

Sadly, there are too few reasonable professors, even in the real world. :)

dustman;

"Few reasonable professors would punish bright students for doing research on the subject instead of sleeping during lectures."

Sadly, there are too few reasonable professors, even in the real world. :)

These days professors don't care if their students attend classes, if they can pass practicums and classes ;) Unless we talk about natural sciences and experimental setups too costly for a private home, there's no need to attend a lecture/practice.

Oh ok then I wait till it is clear what reward this is bevore deciding if it is worth to not skip class ;) Considering how powerfull my last chars turned out I doubt it will wort it ^^.

OK OK I exploited a game bug and so they are fare beyond what usualy should be posible and thats also the reason why the Class skiping detention get overworked with the CP

Legate, how long time should we wait to get all these goodies? ;)

Playing this game anew after quite a break is a blast but some minor issues, like wasted time in classes after mid-term, or strange detentions, really bug me...

Btw, current logic looks like students must be at classrooms, college halls or their private chambers. For being out of this circle they might get detentions, even if they are not involved in any illicit or questionable activities. Go dine in the city and you're punished, huh?

@dustman I personal see it that there a lot of Rules surounding the use of the librarys and the detection chance is actual more like that your broken one of the rules there or it looked like you did so.

Schwarzbart, atm it looks more like 'everything is prohibited unless said otherwise'. 'Everything' includes gyms, common grounds and parks at the campus.

...But the good news is that eventually you'll get a free pass to visit most of them.

I suspect that I'll like the attendance reward, being an omnidisciplinarian and all. :) Especially if it means some novel ability or particularly some magical item. I doubt that at the end of Y1 any particular character is especially different from another, but at the end of Y2 we'll certainly see some major variations in the skills and abilities available to any given character. At Y5 I expect that we'll see lots and lots of varieties! :) That being said I'm really looking forward to seeing what this reward is! (Maybe it's the other prerequisite for extra classes! HAHAHA!)

Archived