Black Chicken Studios Forums

Suspension: worth it?

dustman

Oh attendance, how you haunt me still...even in games!

Any hint towards what it might be (not necessarily as an item or details or such just if it is important). I usually spend the classes adventuring. Most of them in fact..just befriend all the teachers and then don't go to class for weeks. Is there any such special reaction to those who skip everything except exam day?

I always get suspended when I play this game, these days. Usually, I get suspended twice.

I generally skip around four months of the year, though, so that's probably why. In general, if I can get more done in the days I skip school then in the ten or so days of hall session, I figure it for a success.

I still think you should be allowed to study or train or even play with your familiar on those days, though. How are the teachers going to stop you, really? Especially studying. Do they take all your textbooks away? That would sort of go against the whole point, wouldn't it?

In general, the two months of exams I skip, because you learn nothing during those months. And once I reach 10 (or higher) in each of my class skills, I start skipping, because I'm not really learning anything useful anymore. I continue doing this until I get set to Court, which is incredibly easy to pass through. Usually, though, that doesn't happen; I just get Hall Sessions. Which, yeah, suck, but they could be worse. I only had a three day one in my latest test game, which was amusing. And quite possibly bugged.

If you get sent to Court, though, my advise is to stop skipping and start playing good immediately. You don't really get second chances much after that, though I've never actually had a character expelled...

I should try that.

Archived