Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
captrory1

Beginner's Help

103 posts in this topic

The issue is with Longshade that I can never get my Filing high enough fast enough where it's open before the Mantle of stars. See my post in the bugs threat about the rigged Longshade RNG.

I rest only once, maybe twice during the entire year. Mind, I also save/load heavily at the start to avoid any random event that doesn't go my way, so there you go. The spell is still useful early on to unlock Playfulness, since getting that to 8 hands out Bon Vivant, and the +1 Luck from that combined with Study Mastery: Negation and a starting 2 Luck is enough to qualify for Golden. I get my emotions started nice and early.

Yeah, Zoe...exceptions might have to be made. And I don't find people randomly joining your clique to be useful, but than again it's only happened to me so far with freaking Zorzi "Poster Child For Useless Clique Ability" Galea.

I confess that I don't find Mantle of Stars very useful, but then Astrology is one of the pillars I pretty much ignore. Longshade on the other hand unlocks most of my skills and buffs me until the sphinx is both unlocked and certain (barring the inherent risk).

I'm trying to cut down on save-scumming so currently I'm taking an extra point of fitness rather than a background that would give me a point elsewhere and skill bonuses as that should avoid a slug of rest actions; also I'm happy with some failed REs as I consider a point of stress (or even better vitality) fairly cheap if I get to unlock a skill that I want, I'm tragic enough to have deliberately chosen rolls that will fail over rolls that should succeed at times to unlock a really desired skill.

The Mantle of Stars becomes much less wasteful, and in turn much more useful, when you mod it to give +1 SS to two random Astrology skills rather than +2 SS to one. Which is what I did.

Yeah, unlocking a good skill is one reason why I unashamedly and unquestioningly might accept a failed Random Event, assuming it doesn't do something like steal my (as far as I know irreplaceable) Marat Deck. Thing is that I find very few that actually reveal a skill I want that I can't get another, easier way.