Black Chicken Studios Forums

Why is it so hard to get by without magic?

dustman

Well it might actually be more of a capital offense than Mastery, as it seems to be a calling card of dragons. So if you were able to do it, most would think that you were either a dragon in disguise (like the Legate :P ) or a servant of dragons (like the Watcher?).

I assume it would be knowledge based and based on your willpower and skills in whatever you're trying to willup.

Or is it a blessing bestowed on you by dragons that they can take away? then it's not a true skill.

But it makes sense that one common way to get it is by having a dragon teach you, I guess... Which I doubt would be out of the goodness of their hearts.. Unless they really owe you for something.. Which normaly wouldn't be popular among people since thaqt sugests you aided a Dragon, no matter what the conditions were.

Still, the most dangerous thing about dragons seems to be their ability to will spell into being ... if you cancel that out, they are just big flying lizards

-Cyx

Big freakingly huge flying lizards that can eat a preoccupied wizard in one gulp you mean!

Is it legal to cook a meal out ofa dragon if you kill it? or won't there be anything left to work with, for those of us who has cooking skills? :P

I immagine one of my students to be the very hungry type! Who woudln't pass down another meal after a sturdy dinner. More interested in studying cooking than magic I guess. PErhaps some enchanting to improve the sensation!

Dragons are poisonous, or have poisonous blood. It would probably be a short meal. But King Morvidus was said to eat Dragons...:)

To be fair, sometimes people develop immunity to a poison by ingesting small amount of it. Having magic and a lifetime of rough living and eating many many many beasts probably help him prepare for it too I guess?

You know that story about Morvidus journeyed out to slay more dragons and no one saw him since but assume that he killed them all and then is resting in case they ever return..... ? yeeeah, see... Dragon meat is poisonous. You might say he "journeyed" and is "resting" but the rest is just embellishment.

Archived