Black Chicken Studios Forums

Class

Schwarzbart

After our Adventure today finished I thought for some time about Class and are now at the point where I think its best to retire him at last for 3-5 ingame years maybe permanent.

Reasons for this:

- His Noctular let him be active when the other sleep and sleep when the other be active

- One of the 2 Initationscripts he want to start at the Meeting of 12 years will take 1 year where he is just a common Owl!

- The other Script is even more timeconsuming but at last a group probably can partial help

- I can't allway rely on Ramon for Adventures as he have also work to do as Redcap beside that he have to keep care on the Needs of Sedala.

- Class have some good Healing and is realy great in transforming him self but thats about it.

- To learn bether Spells in his focus he first would have to push the Magic Theory to his limit but even then he would need 14 Saisons to learn a good spell that is 1 Magnitude below his 100% success casting limit!

This all together with our slow (medium?) advance in time I think it is bether if I remove Class from the game in autumn and make a Theoreticus - Verditius or Rustic Magi

Any thoughts about this?

Well, that's too bad in the sense that it's always nice to have characters that stick around, that you get to know. But of course you gotta do what you gotta do. Some pointers:

- He can still function during the day, right? It's just he takes the small penalty, and would rather not do this, but it's not that huge. You have been roleplaying this quite rigorously, but it would be possible to be more lax about it.

- Could the initiation be postponed? Must he do precisely this initiation?

- I think any magus you would make would either be good in a few things and bad at the others, or mediocre in most. I don't think focus is a weakness, so much, because this keeps the characters dependent on each others and varied.

- Inventing spells at the limit of the character's capability is always time-consuming. Usually it would be better to try to acquire the lab text. Magic theory is just a few points bonus, so don't overestimate it's effects.

Well, that's too bad in the sense that it's always nice to have characters that stick around, that you get to know. But of course you gotta do what you gotta do. Some pointers:

- He can still function during the day, right? It's just he takes the small penalty, and would rather not do this, but it's not that huge. You have been roleplaying this quite rigorously, but it would be possible to be more lax about it.

[/Quote]

Yes at -4 to spells and -1 to all other roll. So yes in a emergency it have to do but regular this wouldnt be good rollplay and even a penalty fo 1 is nothing you should take light.

- Could the initiation be postponed?

Sure but then he prabably need to wait a other 12 years to get his next chance

Must he do precisely this initiation?

[/Quote]

For changing the rituals his skill is not high enough and there just 3 initation interesting right now

- Inventing spells at the limit of the character's capability is always time-consuming. Usually it would be better to try to acquire the lab text. Magic theory is just a few points bonus, so don't overestimate it's effects.

Yes but to use the Mystic Blood at its full level he need to have formulatic spells at the limit of his casting abilitys (what make his +3 Spell Bonus for the Night kind of duplicate with this)

- I think any magus you would make would either be good in a few things and bad at the others, or mediocre in most. I don't think focus is a weakness, so much, because this keeps the characters dependent on each others and varied.

Sure but having the same things covered twice and not be able to use some of the virtues to a good extend is not realy good.

Beside that thanks to his shapechanging he cant cling to any items but he would need a magical item to overcome his big weakness in combats.

Right now becomming the strongest Animal that can get in closecombat is all he can do if a fight comes up against any kind of oponent with some protection from magic.

Increasing Size of his Owl shape is usualy bether suited for this then other animals where he need to spend stress on and just have limited time.

(But even then animals usualy are worse in combat then a grog with a good weapon.)

Sure he have a healing ability what usualy cost some vis if done by a other magus but did this help him or the group so fare?

Also his ability to change his Human apearance witout stress anytime is nice but not so usfull thanks to his weak social characteristics, the influence of the gift and the problem of the clothes.

Archived