Black Chicken Studios Forums

Spring 1216 Study Plans

Schwarzbart

Topic for the Spring 1216 Study Saison.

As usual please let everyone have one post bevore any discusion start

(I set this up as the next adventure will be Spring and Adrian is away for 2 weekends)

Dirk

Set up Lab

5 exp from adventure

Ramon

Only get Exposure Exp because he work as Red Cap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to sudden realization that Fishy doesn't have any language skill. Makara will do familiar bond on Fishy now so it can gain all the languages of Makara via the bond.

Familiar Bond Lab Total:
Muto + Aquam + Intelligence + Magic Theory + Aura Modifier

5 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 21

Familiar Bond Level:
Familiar Might + 25 + (5X size)

15 + 25 + (-25) = 15

Makara spent 3 Muto vis for the ritual.

Cords:

The Golden Cord: +1
The Bronze Cord: +2

Edit: Hiccup adventure.

Ah, Yes, this is getting a bit confusing! What was the XP for the faerie moss Adventure?

Since Aiden will start the spell invention thing in the summer, I expect that for the spring he'll use the XP from that on his ignem. Since he has a 1 on that it shouldn't be too hard to raise! I'd like to get him to cast simple fireballs someday but that's not very high priority.

Gustbran will be training with the Grogs again. This time training his sling skill, (though I forget what that bonus is that G gets for doing said training...)

@freespace

We got 5 exp from the adventure but the The Freezing Death book from our library would give you 21 exp till you hit lvl 10 in Ignem.

Teaching from Chabrias the Turb Captain would give you 10 exp but only till level 7 in Single Weapon, lvl 5 in Great Weapons or lvl 5 in Bows

Edit: If your past this with Gustbran then you probably left only with practice what gives 4 exp per saison for weapon abilitys.

Momo will try to gain Pretense by copying Gustbran's training. Whatever weaponry he decides to learn.

Edit: Copying a 'Momentous personal experience' is such a tough one to interpret.

Gustbran has single weapon 7. He has 3 in "thrown weapons", which to my understanding CAN be bows but G's specialty is a sling. Both fall under the same category for training, though? if so he'll take that training.

Edit: Ah, so 21 XP for reading that book on ignem? Yeah sure. Once ought to be good enough for now. Consider that Aidens spring training.

@Freespace No Thrown weapon is a different Ability and have nothing to do with bows and for Thrown Weapons we also have no known teacher!

Beside Training and Teaching are 2 different things in Ars Magica. Training can be only done one on one but dont need the Teaching ability.

So unless you decide to go for smething different your out of luck and only practice with 4exp/saison is left for you.

@Nyaa rember to update you vis claim as I doubt you haved the Muto Vis at hand

Bummer. Well, if that can't be done for G... Then... Yeah, he'll practice with thrown weapons.

note that Gustbran also has the teaching(grogs) skill, so technically he could share his knowledge too, yeah?

Yes you also can teach other but when you teach you gain only the 2 exposure exp. in that saison.

Also I dont know whats your deal for you getting payed from the covenant as usualy working force and guards are suposed to work for 2 - 3 saisons per year where they only get exposure exp.

Take i.e. Ramon as Redcap he have to spend 2 saisons traveling to deliver messages where he only get the 2 exposure exp.

Yes that sounds about right that you only have the Spring saison for learning or special things that need extended time.

If you absolut want to improve your battle abilities how about you learn bows?

But if you plan to slowly change your char to someone who want to teach the young about his expirience then Teaching is a good ability to learn.

@Nyaa rember to update you vis claim as I doubt you haved the Muto Vis at hand

Already claimed and updated by you.

If you absolut want to improve your battle abilities how about you learn bows?

Our guards definitely suck at shooting things. As shown in the enemy airship event.

The problem is the Gustbran is, I think, a bit too old to diversify in skills at this point. I don't mind improving skills that he already has but adding new skills that need a lot of work to be decent at not so much.

I don't mind improving skills that he already has but adding new skills that need a lot of work to be decent at not so much.

How about your brawl skill?

Riding might be a nice boost to your overall combat aspect.

Edit: Oh and your Chirurgy skill (Chocking specialization)

Haha. Brawl is already at 8. Quite hard to raise and inefficient to do so at that level.

Riding might be something to look into.

Chirurgery is definately something I want to improve, but I didn't see anything useful for training purposes. I've already used adventure XP to raise it from 1 to 2. Not super impressive, but if anything I think that it'd be nice to know I could use a skill without choking them to death. :)

Archived