Black Chicken Studios Forums

Holdfast: Kickstarter Preview

Legate of Mineta

Everyone;

We're happy to be able to show you a preview of our latest Kickstarter for Holdfast: Record of the Dwarven Kingdoms.

Several Reward Tiers (an early bird special, another set of custom dice, a Dwarven miniature) need to be added, and some text adjusted, but here it is otherwise in all its glory:

Let us know what you think!

For the Tin Man reward I would love to know

a) where would we be able to download it for PC / Android

B) is it DRM free

c) will the $15 the retail price or will it higher?

d) is Linux also planed as Tin Man aperantly want to add Linux "soon" for theyr own gamebooks.

Schwarzbart;

Great questions for the FAQ:

a) Google for the Android, Desura for the PC.

B) Yes.

c) I imagine the retail price will be lower, probably $5.99, as with their other games. The $15 price point, however, also includes both the PDF and beta access to the PDF, thus the higher cost (well...and development funds!)

d) I imagine yes, although Tin Man Games will ultimately make that decision. iOS is a probability, too.

Schwarbart;

We just had a long meeting on this very subject, with the feedback we've gotten to date on those Tiers.

The issue is that we use Kickstarter to secure funding, and without that funding, the project cannot be completed. Yet we also want to provide unique and interesting awards, available nowhere else, as a thank you for your patronage.

Ultimately, what decided our discussion was FTL- those of us that had Kickstarted it didn't like it when the retail price turned out to be less than the Kickstarter Tier price, and so we've decided to reverse ourselves and rework our digital Tiers to:

$5 - Application

$10 - Application, digital copy, beta access to the digital copy

...this is a significant risk to us in terms of meeting our $20k funding level, but we'll stand on our merits and see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ultimately, what decided our discussion was FTL- those of us that had Kickstarted it didn't like it when the retail price turned out to be less than the Kickstarter Tier price, and so we've decided to reverse ourselves and rework our digital Tiers

Thanks, I also agree with them that it is bad when the Backer, who shared part of the risk of the developer in giving the money early, end up paying more then the release price.

Even if I'm rater sure your team will deliver what is promised when the founding get trough others wont see you trough the rose-colered glass of a long time Academagia fan ^^.

I was wondering if you might consider expanding the digital-only options on the kickstarter. (Not that I really know in which direction..) but the added shipping to most of the world is a bit off-putting ;)

Either way you've gotten an additional gateward, lets hope there'll be many more.

Archived