Black Chicken Studios Forums

Holdfast is now Live on Kickstarter!

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!

But aren't you the cat Legate? And Nyaa looks more like a puppy. In fact, Nyaa looks a little bit more like ... me ... <_<

You don't have to be a non-Captain Felix Northbridge in order to call something else a relative-of-Captain Felix Northbridge.

...Or the Legate just had too much Old Black.

I have this brief urge to tell you I decided to have my location in Holdfast be a Muscial Dwarven Fortress full of poorly-dressed flute-playing lady dwarfs before realizing it sounds like a cover story of a hideout for lady dwarfs of ill repute.

Errr, moving on: I shrilled as much as I can in a certain Chinese-speaking forum for quite a few days. No discernible effect, though :mellow:

Legate,

The PF books, are they more Dwarf oriented, or Hold oriented? What I mean is, is the player character the Hold? and you play individual dwarves sometimes? Or is it the more traditional setting/sourcebook/guidebook types?

Jeff

Jeff;

If I understand you correctly, you're asking about the portion of the Add-On Supplements which add new Adventures and rules to the gamebook?

If so, they are Dwarf oriented (you always play your character), but your adventures deal with the Hold. It's not a troupe style game, like Ars Magica, if that answered your question?

Yeah, I've been looking for a game where the troupe is the main character, although you develop it via the actions of the troupe members...

Ars Magica - the emphasis is still on the mages

BattleTech RPG - might work, playing a merc command. Although the troupe isn't "developed" per se.

Warhammer 40k - Rogue Trader - a possibility, but it's sci-fi...

Yeah, I've been looking for a game where the troupe is the main character, although you develop it via the actions of the troupe members...

I think most 'gm-less' game would fit the description as the whole gameplay revolve around the players working on a specific goal in a troupe way.

Well, we did it. I did have questions about the player created adventure addons, though. Will they all be in one addon? If so, which one? Will it depend on the content of the adventure? If they're all going to be crammed into the same addon, will it be made available to those who didn't pledge to create that addon? Seems kind of a waste, if so.

Also, having some sort of play aid (alternate character sheet) to capture all the various rule changes and upgrades from the addons seems like it would be helpful.

No the Adventures the people pledged for go into one of the $15 AddOns and the one payed for the adventure also get the AddOn where the Adventure goes in.

To my understanding you can suggest in what addon specifical the advanture will be placed.

Torolf;

What Schwarzbart said. The only Player Created Adventures going into the main gamebook are the two at the Reclaimer of the Halls Tier. The remainder will go into the digital Add-Ons.

Depending on costs and sheets, we *may* try to get some of those into the main gamebook, but we'll need to complete layout first.

So there won't be a separate addon for the player-created adventures? Hmm. What will you do for those folks who bought all the addons and one or more adventures, in lieu of receiving the addon for free?

Also, I can't seem to find the price for adding on additional books anywhere.

Archived