Black Chicken Studios Forums

Unlocking Mastery/Gate

selkor

So I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I have bought Gate methodologies, a heritage of pride and draconian methodology and yet the only skill I have unlocked is gate phelms? I can't seem to use the book either and I am not sure what to do with any of them.

To equip book you need to go to your inventory, one of the three buttons above the planned week. Just right-click a book and go back to planning your week. You should benefit from the boni the item provides the very next day.

You really don't need anything but The Secret Hertage to study Gates. It unlocks an action called Follow your parents instructions, which unlocks an adventure-chain starting with The house in the Bog, which eventually unlocks the ability to train Gates.

For Mastery, your best bet is learning languages with Professor Sido. Having Bassan at six unlocks a new adventure, in which can get a book that informs you of all Mastery skill if you have equipped for a day. After that, just use the train action (though you have to make sure you have the Selective Focus ability unlocked, otherwise it takes ages).

... Of course you didn't hear this from me. If I am questioned, I wont remember a thing, no one will be able to link any of my Pheme traces to Mastery or Gates and anyone who becomes too curious might just suddenly decide to drop the investigation. You understand?

Welcome to the forums Selkor, or to the posting part of them at least!

It is as Cyx says though, or it should be at least. Once you 'equip' the book on your person you should be informed of Gate spells and methods (and have a boost in them due to the book).

Best of luck in Academagia, and if it didn't help then feel free to ask.

(Also I would appreciate you not telling the legate we are aiding you in pursuing knowledge of a less-than-legal nature ;) )

You know, if this forum is any indication of how the proscribed arts mitigates in-game, I'm amazed at three things.

1. That such things would be talked about in a place where they could be overheard,

2. That dark wizards haven't overrun the school yet, and

3. That Legate Orsi hasn't lost all his hair from stress.

Ah hahahaha haaaa. My problem was I hadn't checked the third interlude when starting a new game. Thank you for all your help ^^. And Orso most likely uses a hair growth spell on a daily basis given everything that happens at this university.

Another question relating to mastery, how do I cast the spell Master or total control, i have 10 in all my mastery skills but the Master spell doesn't show up? Do I have to use mastery of the body and then add the correct phemes?

As *I* don't use Mastery I couldn't tell you with any certainty but I'm fairly sure that its no different than casting any other spell.

Keep in mind that just because you have a 10 doesn't mean you know all the spells. I bet you haven't found the phemes for the spell if you cant find it on the list.

In general you need to know all Pheme of a spell bevore it get in the list of spells you can put in a slot.

To have a look of all the spells you know you have to look in the left what spells you know and what pheme they need.

Btw. some spells and pheme are also at skill level 11 or only aviable via adventures ect.

Heeey, don't you *ahem* me! The point certainly works for all pillars, not just mastery! (Not that we were talking about mastery, specifically, mind you!) Besides, in the right light you might even say that I was discouraging further study, claiming that it would take more time than is reasonable while still attending classes. Not that he should skip classes to search for phemes. Of cause this still isn't particular to mastery,... so... maybe I should be encouraging?

Huh.. I'm.. not sure...

[-1 SS in famous speeches]

I for one believe that knowledge is a tool, and how it is used determines whether it is good or bad.

although I also believe that power corrupts, If everyone has that power, or at least the capability to obtain it, then the balance is changed and that power is not so tempting nor corrupting.

As an omnidisciplinarian I weep for the lost knowledge, even if I mostly understand the reasons why. I still think that the phemes, theory of, and maybe even a bit of the methods of the forbidden pillars ought to be taught, in an advanced Negation class or something.

• 3 weeks later...

the Mastery level 10 spell requires a level 11 Mastery Pheme.

the Level XYZ spell to control your clique unfortunately requires a pheme that's not even get-able.

but can you imagine?

10 people in your clique (don't ask, it's late game and I have absurdly high charm + 10 in befriend)

cast puppet master

all of them (for 6 actions) do Train Your Company (Manner of a Champion 6)

you get 54 skill steps for the cost of 1 step...

it would be so broken...

• 2 weeks later...

It would be GLORIOUS I tell you! Team-work of the highest order! It would be so amazingly cool - if everyone was aware what was happening, not skipping classes to do this special "study" and if people actually chose to study something useful, like magic, poetry, history... and not... not bugger-eating, water-bladder-throwing, paper-plane-folding, Garden-watering or grass growing...(!)

... I... I am,.. fairly sure that this thread has a negative influence on my Ethics...

Archived