Black Chicken Studios Forums
fuel

Gift of the Familiar

Any reson not to use "Gift of the Familiar"? Well I do kill "it", but I can a New? and I dont realy find a familiar all that useful. But then I havent played that much

Your charcter can never get a new familiar after this so best think twice bevore using it.

Beside when you train your familiar to this point you already invested a lot of time.

+1 to all attribute is not really worth the cost of losing a familiar.

You will regret your decision in later years...

I too would advise against it, seeing as the boni received from training and sacrificing your familiar can easily be matched by investing this training time into research and/or adventures, where attributes are raised alomst every ten seconds. Besides, I love my familiar...

Additionally, familiars will almost certainly be usefull more in second year, so the cons far outweight the pros.

I don't think I'd sacrifice even if evil. Even evil tyrants with world domination plans need an evil fish to keep them company. Especially if you end up backstabbing all of your friends.

Besides that, a familiar is how you can enhance your own stats for adventures. And let them have adventures of their own. If training changes in later years, possibilities are limitless. And you don't get their actions which can be pretty good. No Sphinx, but still.

Well in year 2 I heard that the balance betwween wizard and familiar is supposed to be more equal, if your familiar is evil this might be quite a nasty power for it to have access to - better keep those choccy drops coming :blink:

My cat is very persuasive and pounces when I'm tired. But its good to know it's supposed to be mutual, a dog would wait on my guy for years, a cat figures it owns half a dozen kids so what's one less, easy come, easy go and the next food-providing-schmuck wizard is only a purr away...

I don't think I'd sacrifice even if evil. Even evil tyrants with world domination plans need an evil fish to keep them company. Especially if you end up backstabbing all of your friends.

Besides that, a familiar is how you can enhance your own stats for adventures. And let them have adventures of their own. If training changes in later years, possibilities are limitless. And you don't get their actions which can be pretty good. No Sphinx, but still.

There's many types of evil, some just prefer to be alone.

I do get that it's unwise to do this on a mechanical level because of the usefulness of said familiar, but I occassionally do unwise things just to have fun in a game.