Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Suggestions

Schwarzbart

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe my still laking understanding of combat prefent me to see the real advance of the Healing talent but I think it need to get more use trough the adventures.

There only 2 times in all Acts it get a use outside of the 2 points Healing after combat.

Given that the combat balance have to be done without the 2 Healing this talent give at the end of a fight I think this is extrem underrepresented.

In Act I you can gain a single extra healing potion

In act 2 it have a Story effect at one place

In Act 3 its not used at all

Act 1, 15 & 17

I get that 15 is meant to be a generic "Barra is satisfied with the money you gave her" paragraph, which works for most other choice.

But 17 is a fistfight where you refuse to give her any money that leads to 15, so the "She takes the money, grins" bit might need to be changed or people might get confused or think they got pickpocketed.

(Also, might be fun for Bardmanship players to dance with her.)

Act 1, G2 and G3

Maybe give G3 a Mechanic option? They are probably better at solving puzzles and G2 looks like a superior option given that you can move on for 2 point of damage while G3 looks like a trap option that have you retry while wasting Boons.

Or a riddle for G3 so they don't look nearly identical side-by-side.

Act 1, CG1, CG2 and CG3

You might want to just straight up railroad the player into CG2 if going into CG3 just tell you to go back to CG1 -> CG2 -> CG3, or add an option in CG1 to temporary drop the box for the time being.

Act 1, Abandoned Beerhall

Should be Abandoned Tavern as it is referred to by the other paragraphs.

Act 1, Beer Cellar

Scrounging or Skullduggery should give a little bonus here. I recommend Scrounging, given that it is for finding loots and a secret inn room is mundane enough for that. Closet loots ahoy!

Act 1, Guardian 2

Maybe Kroach-kin and Leadership should grant a slightly easier roll seeing that their storie are likely to be a touch more exotic or inspiring? Maybe Dark-breaker too, but I am not far enough in the book to see how useful that is.

Act 1, Guardian 4

It might be nice to move the refuse-to-pick-a-number option below the If you roll ____, go to ____, because it is too easy to mistake it for dialog. Personally speaking, it might be a good idea to make a G4.c so people who refuse won't notice that it leads to the same page as rolling 2-4 (G4.b). Not a big problem in the book, but it helps make the book less meta-gamey in the iOS version.

Act 1; Inside Thaneshold. If following the adventurer's path and befriending Skali (4.24) (without pathfinding) I don't spend any money on the trip, yet it reads "It has been a long journey and your coin purse is considerably lighter than it was an hour ago,.." (Unless it is assumed that I spent an hour drinking my ass blue then something is wrong I think :) )

Thaneshold sells First Aid Kits, but no such items exist in the ITEM reference, you mean healing kits I assume? :)

Combat question; are poison effects additive or is it "only" the duration that is additive, or is it none of those?

Example: Rolf the Dastard gets a claw attack, poisoning me in round 3, Round 4 he gets claw again (the... dastard!) and I once again get poisoned. The poison does 3 damage pr. turn and lasts 3 turns. So, do I now take 6 damage additional damage the next two turns, and 3 additional at the 3rd turn?

Or, The poison duration is the only that that is added, so the poison now lasts 5 turns (1 turn was already spent)

Or is it more like the poison is "refreshed" So I'm back at 3 damage pr. turn for 3 turns.

And is it the same with Prevent? :) Thanks in advance.

(*shakes fist at Involvola* Fiddleton has died -.-)

Adrian;

What Schwarzbart said is correct- Fiddleton has taken a Wound! Roll a d4, reduce your Natural Defense by that amount, then restore your Defence to its new maximum and start hacking! :)

For your other points, I'll get'em over to the Team. :)

For Poison, the effects aren't additive from a single source. So, if you have a blade with +3 Poison (3), and two Rounds have passed, and you apply it again, all that happens is that your Duration goes back to 3. So, to rework your example:

Example: Rolf the Dastard gets a Claw attack, poisoning me in round 3. At this moment, I will take 3 points now, 3 points in Round 4, and 3 points in Round 5.

In Round 4 he gets Claw again (the... dastard!) and I once again get poisoned. Now, I take 3 points, 3 more points in Round 5 and 3 points in Round 6.

Essentially, the Duration is reset.

Prevent works the same. :)

Do I understand Luck rolls right that you can roll 1 Boon die and if it is not enough you can just add a other one and so on till you run out of Boon die or make the roll?

If so then I wonder why G3 is there at all because the only time you can fail in the easyer G2 roll is when you run out of Boon die you want to spend and then you still have the option to just take 2 damage and continue.

Act 1, G2 and G3

Maybe give G3 a Mechanic option? They are probably better at solving puzzles and G2 looks like a superior option given that you can move on for 2 point of damage while G3 looks like a trap option that have you retry while wasting Boons.

Or a riddle for G3 so they don't look nearly identical side-by-side.

Because Mechanic is allready one of the most powerfull Talents I'm against adding even more to it.

I got 8x 1d4 Boon die already from it and my Char is still in Act I (beside that it have 2x game effects in Act 1, 3x game effects in Act 2 and 2x game effects in Act 3)

Archived