Black Chicken Studios Forums

when will scheherazade in 1932 be avaliable?

namijoan

Hi. I'm just an avid fan of scheherazade in 1931, and I've played all the routes in just two months. I've heard that scheherazade 1932 is still a long way from being released, but I just can't wait for it. So, could you please tell at least the approximate year and month in which scheherazade in 1932 will come out???

I doubt they even started with the next year Scheherazade.

To my Knowledge they right now only working at Academagia Year 2 what first was planed for end of 2012 but will now appear sometime 2014 and Holdfast what have to be released Dec 2013.

I think they even work on a jet unannounced project but if so it is only in the early planning phase.

• 3 months later...

I hope it'll be out soon because I really really love 1931 so so much :wub:

Things I love about 1931:

-Writing

-Music

-Characters

-Art

Things I want for 1932:

-CG gallery :D

-More romance

-Same team members

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum is a great game. I like it more than Cinders but 1931 is not as popular as Cinder :( It needs more advertising :angry:

Given how fare down Scheherazade is in the sale numbers at Desura (I never saw them in the most popular list again after the first weeks) despite a huge discount I'm not even sure if it is very economic to make a 1932.

Also by now I doubt they will ever get the chance at Greenlight even with now many projects making it trough where I personal think how could they made it.

Probably the main thing BCS need by now is a PR person to get the sale numbers their products should have and maybe some Graphic Artists to have more visuals to show.

Ahh yer breaking my heart. That is just what I came back to the site to check on, and see if there was an update.

If a new game is out of the question, what about making an expansion to 1931. Then you would not need too many new sprites and backgrounds. I don't know. It is just an idea. I still think Zul should be added as a romantic interest though

thezooqueen: I'm no one working with BCS and the Legate already mentioned that they finished with planning for 1932

1932 has not yet started writing, although the planning is complete.

As Schwarzbart notes, right now we are working on shipping Holdfast, completed Year 2, and finishing a Secret Project. We can't say yet when 1932 will come. :)

The sad thing for you is most likely that so fare nothing have changed as the team still work on Holdfast, Academagia DLC 16, Academagia Year 2 and a new secret book project.

So no 1932 still didn't got past the completed planning that was mentioned in November last year.

I mostly complained in my last post that BCS didn't get the large public their work deserves.

If BCS could pay more of their crew for fulltime work things like Year 2 or 1932 would be released earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Zoo;

As Schwarzbart notes, I doubt very much that 1932 would be released this year. It's possible writing could begin, but other than that...

...as for Zul, I can confirm he will return, and, due to your lobbying, will be romanceable... :)

wow! Kudos to Zul being romanceable. Well, even if it takes two or three more years for 1932 to come out, I'll wait as long as it takes. Hopefully, Ican be one of the beta testers for the 1932 if I keep my fingers crossed! :)

• 5 months later...

Hi there. I also just came by to say that I still love you Black Chicken Studio and I love Scherehazde. I am not a fan of sequels myself, especially for multi-path games like this...I am better with spin offs, or games set in the same universe using an entirely different set of characters. But I think we had this chat before..many many months ago. Anyway, I recall that back then something was said about game 1 being transferable to game 2 so that there is continuity according to how the player played the first game. That is something that changed my mind then.

Therefore, I'll trust Black Chicken Studio and their excellent sense of fun on this one. If you want to make it and if it gets made, I'll definitely support it..I jus worry that the mechanics, which was interesting, fun and refreshing for the first game, may get old. I'd hate to feel that way. As for characters..well I have nothing to say, they will be done well, because you know how to write them. A game rarely ever completely fits my ideas of characters and developments... this was one was exception. But still, I had one favourite path in 1931 and I intend to stick to it. But the gameplay..ah the gameplay was awesome. 1931 is one of the BEST game purchases I ever made, since the game can last and last...It never gets old.

However, the fate of games and indie game making groups like this tends to be rather sad.. there were some I liked which simply seem to have ceased to exist..I am happy to see the Black Chicken ship stays strong, though. Keep fighting Black Chicken!! :)

Good luck. I am watching you too, very eagerly. :) And I hope your next games, including 1932, will bring more success and more traffic to you and to your site. I will check them all out at some point too. All best.

• 6 months later...

Zoo;

As Schwarzbart notes, I doubt very much that 1932 would be released this year. It's possible writing could begin, but other than that...

...as for Zul, I can confirm he will return, and, due to your lobbying, will be romanceable... :)

Why did I not see this post?! OMG So is this still happening? They have not dropped the game have they?

Would they bring 1931 to Steam if there is no 1932 planed? I don't think so.

But from my understanding the current planning is 1931 Steam release then Academagia Steam release with DLC 17 around this time and finally Academagia year 2.

Also there is at last one book Kickstarter planed for this year and then its still open what comes next probably Holdfast 2 or 1932.

• 2 years later...

Archived