Black Chicken Studios Forums

Aveline and the lounge

Adrian

A slight work in progress. It was an idea I had in the shower one morning while playing with the idea of gradable-wins in Academagia (Don't ask how my brain works, cause I'm not sure). It gave birth to an idea and now its hitting digital paper. Not quite done but it's getting there.

You are in good time for your next class. Well, sort of. IF you take the hallway past the teachers' lounge then you will be fine, timewise. You look down the corridor, and, turning your head looking down the other longer if less perilous corridor. Considering you already got a warning not to run in the hallway yesterday, perhaps you can chance passing the teachers' lounge.

As you walk down the corridor the other sounds from the school seem to die out, save those of creaking metal and shuffling of feet. You are slightly surprised (and possitively worried) when you see Aveline Cincebeaux standing by a staircase leading down to... you're not quite sure.

"You?" she says as if expecting someone else and sounding disappointed that it wasn't the case. You can't help feel slightly offended that you are no longer allowed to be yourself these days!

She turns her head, looking down the hallway and before you can position to see what she is looking for she snaps back to you.

"Have you seen a pair of glasses lying around here?"

She catches you a bit unprepared and you answer the truth that you haven't before you even consider if it was a good idea.

"Well, if you find them, they belong to Basia Rydz - you better take them to her!"

She does a head motion as if you are dismissed.

Investigate 1) Character study/Confidence "What is she up to?"

Low roll: "What are you up to?" you say aloud. Ouch, it was meant to have been INSIDE your head. The look on her face is priceless though - if you weren't on the receiving end of whatever abuse she is about to conjour up! Opens Exit 1

Mid roll: You consider Aveline as she stands there, looking down on you, she is up to something! You are sure of it, perhaps the way she keeps one arm behind her back, and glacing down the staircase. It strikes you that we are close to the teachers' lounge too.

You tell her to come clean with some confidence; you know what she is up to and the teachers' lounge is just up ahead! She squints, gives you a hard stare and starts laughing. "Nice try! You almost had me for a moment. run along now, and leave the glasses and the plunger, it was meant for someone else anyway" Opens Exit 2

high roll: You consider Aveline as she stands there, looking down on you, she is up to something! You are sure of it, perhaps the way she keeps one arm behind her back, and glacing down the staircase. It strikes you that we are close to the teachers' lounge too.

You tell her to come clean with all your confidence and force of will behind you. You tell her that you know what she is up to and the teachers' lounge is just up ahead! She gives you a hard stare but finally crumbles. "Fine" she says, with a trace of surrender. "but it was all to get back at Cobo, he was supposed to walk past here!" You can almost see her stomping her foot in the ground. "The plunger was the focus and once he passed I would arm the trap... Rydz is on the other end of the hallway diverting people."

You are about to ask what the trap actually is when you hear footsteps behind you. It's Cobo!

Opens exit 3 and 4

Investigate 2) Perception/observation. Fine, you were going anyway.

Low roll: You are a bit annoyed by Aveline's tone but continue on your way and keep an eye open for any glasses... The walk is a bit dull and you feel your mind wander. Before you realize you are at the other end of the hallway looking at Basia who is sitting there looking a bit miserable.

Opens exit 5.

Mid roll: You are a bit annoyed by Aveline's tone but continue on your way and keep an eye open for any glasses... The walk is a bit dull and you feel your mind wander, but you do in fact, you do spot some glasses! By the glasses you also notice something rather odd. It could be a wand but, it looks more like a stick piercing a sucktion pod from a tentacle. How queer!

Open exit 6 and investigate 3.

High roll: You are a bit annoyed by Aveline's tone but continue on your way and keep an eye open for any glasses... The walk is a bit dull and you feel your mind wander, but even so you are almost painfully aware that there is a trace of open sewage in the air. In fact it only seems to be growing. As you consider it you also spot a few dropped coins, a leaflet urging you to join the strike against the philanthropic explotation of the high-elevation-living Rainbow doves in endagered forests, shards of a mirror and a pair of glasses. Almost blatently someone has planted a stick on a sucktion pod from what might be a sewer-living tentacle-monster if you had to judge by the smell!

Open exit 7.

Exit 1: How can anyone contain so much spite?

You feel weak, shaking and totally drained of everything positive when you arrive for class, 5 minutes late. Your only concilation is that Aveline will be late too, you hope. (+4 stress -1 vitality)

Exit 2: Head to class and do as she says.

You head to class, slightly worried but in good time at least. It is only later you hear that Lambert Cobo was caught trying to flood the teachers' lounge. You can't help feel that might not, exactly, have been the case.

(+1 stress -10 Merits for Durand)

Exit 3: Social Skills/mimicry "Cobo! What luck, help us find some glasses?"

Low roll: You don't really know what they are up to here, but, this is Cobo, he's getting whats coming to him! "I don't know" he responds to your outburst. "I was going to class" You spend some time trying to convince him, and Aveline quickly follows your example, but the whole thing seems to unnerve him more than anything. When he leaves you he is almost running and cautiously looks back to see if you are following, but you are not. You and Aveline stand back feeling a bit cheated. You still didn't learn what it was she was hiding and if you don't hurry you will be late for class as well! Such a waste. You take your leave with Aveline and make for class in a bit of a run, momentarily forgetting where you were. Needless to say, a teaches stops you and gives you another warning. Two warnings in as many days! You were lucky not to get detention. And of cause you were late for class as well! It's days like this you should have stayed in bed.

(+9 Stress)

High roll: You don't really know what they are up to here, but, this is Cobo, he's getting whats coming to him! Playing along with Aveline you pretend to be looking for a pair of lost glasses. Aveline and you put up such an act that Cobo agrees after a little while to keep his eyes open. You are about to follow him when Aveline grabs your arm and shakes her head while Cobo isn't looking. You see the boy continue on his way his head shifting left and right as he is trying to find some fine glasses against the stone.

"Just watch" Aveline says with a satisfied grin. It feels like almost a minute pass and you are getting antsy to get to class when a huge wave of water crashes up from the stairs that Aveline had stood guard by. It narrowly misses the pair of you and rushes down the corridor. Urgh! What a reek!

Then it hits you. That wave is going after Cobo, it will look like he flooded the hallway perhaps trying to prank the teachers. It is brilliant. He gets the blame and the two of you can claim to just have wanted to find some glasses. Cobo might suspect though, but really, he had it coming!

(-1 Relations with Cobo, -2 Stress, +3 SS in Dedication)

Exit 4:

Low roll:

High roll:

Hehe, I didn't notice but it seems so :)

Well, technically this was intended as a random event, and I'm not totally sure I'm not violating some of the event ground rules... but meh, this is mainly because I had an idea and thought it funny ;)

That said, I tried looking up Aveline on the wiki, did her ability change? Wasn't it her that used to defame random colleges just because she felt like it?

Archived