Black Chicken Studios Forums

Second Game for 2014?!

Schwarzbart

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After a few months I always felt stupid for buying this game. I remember when part 2 was supposed to come out in 2012 or something. 2 years later, same lack of sequel. I was typing in a different word with aca and this page popped up on my browser suggestions. I guess you guys released a bunch of other games or something based on the new forum structure. Not my biggest gaming regret, that was buy a bundle of Neverwinter and Baldur's Gate games and realizing I hated them, but a close 3rd.

SoonTM I guess.

Some people like it others don't I suppose.

I loved the game since it wasn't quite as restricted as several of the more gfx heavy games that makes the story very repetitive and detracts from it's replayability.

I also liked Neverwinter and Baldur's gate but those are pretty old by now.

I also liked the Mass effect series but some parts could have recieved some more polish, especialy the last parts of ME3.

Games like Halo are kind of average mediocre imo(still buy them) which reminds me I got Halo4 in it's box and I havn't tried it out yet, it's been there for a while, I'll likely get the impuse to push it into my X-box 360 and play it thorugh one of those days, they do provide some entertainment for one playthrough. After that it's the same story every playthrough, with no variation or choices, 100% linear shooter.

The story is also very predictable in every Halo game, the layouts of the stories and missions are also identical between the different games.

Mat even without year 2 I still think Academagia was the best buy for me in years if I think about the hours I played.

(I'm probably below 1 cent per hour by now if I just look what I paid for the game it self.)

But if I think of the time I "wasted" playing its for sure the worst game ;).

Mat even without year 2 I still think Academagia was the best buy for me in years if I think about the hours I played.

(I'm probably below 1 cent per hour by now if I just look what I paid for the game it self.)

But if I think of the time I "wasted" playing its for sure the worst game ;).

I easily quadrupled the hours I've player this game playing EU4, Vicky2, and CK2. Without year 2 there I burned through all the mathcrafting the game had quite easily.

I do understand keeping energy high, I had problems on my own project. Of course that doesn't in any way help me feel better about paying 25$ for a game with the promise of sequels that are on essentially indefinite hold. Given a supposed 7 years or w/e, at the current pace it would take decades to get the last game.

Given a supposed 7 years or w/e, at the current pace it would take decades to get the last game.

I agree with you that we have to consider at last 4 years probably more between each sequel and so we wont see year 5 before 2026 if we calculate optimistic!

But realistic is more like 2030 if we see the last year at all.

Sorry this sound pessimistic but with this long timeframe I have even doubts that this small Indy company can survive because there will sure come the point where important core members will drop out.

I agree with you that we have to consider at last 4 years probably more between each sequel and so we wont see year 5 before 2026 if we calculate optimistic!

But realistic is more like 2030 if we see the last year at all because the company dissolves before this.

Sorry this sound pessimistic but with this long timeframe I have even doubts that this small Indy company can survive because there will sure come the point where important core members will drop out.

Well, I gave up on seeing even 1 more in game year after like 2013. My experience with most indie devs is that you can get one or two good products before they start making stuff you don't like/want or dissolve.

It's sad to see that there's a reasonable chance I might not get closure to Academagia(although it's to be expected). Some games are fine even with cancelled sequels because each game is of their own story but Academagia without Year 5 is like The Lord of The Rings without The Return of The King -- there will be no concrete ending without the final game(or book in TLoTR's case). Hopefully the team can find some ways to speed up the development in future.

Archived