Black Chicken Studios Forums

Dlc 16?

lakrids

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think me using a different modtool then they used will have effects on the new students; they worked off of my writing more then they worked off my coding, I imagine (was the mod file lost too when my doc file was lost?- they might not even have my coding at all). All in all, adding new students is pretty simple work, from what I experimented with: it's not really any more complicated then, say, adding new items, and even with new items you have to find someplace to put them in the game and edit something (IE, add 'you get beekeeper mask +1' at Zoology 7 to the Zoology skill, or add it to a certain vendor). New students is more like adding new background then anything, because the students themselves don't really touch anything that's already there. They're completely self-contained.

So it's not really difficult or crash worthy or anything. What it is is time consuming. Making sure every adventure step links up, coding every piece of their standard routines... it's boring work, it's easy to make mistakes on (choosing increase instead of expand by accident, or forgetting to set a difficulty roll, or forgetting to hook an adventure up- all bugs we've ran in to since the game came out), and it takes a while to test every little dialog path in every event and adventure to make sure it's set to run correctly (add in that you'll only see an event, for instance, once a game), so you can never be positive it's all working. On something that fiddley, there's almost guarenteed to be bugs.

Either way it is kind of awesome that the team is up for adding even new students to the game, and awesome of Mikka to have spent enough time on it in the begining. We are quite fortunate, I think, even if it is delaying a bit ;)

I'm hoping to play it soon.

Also, happy (even more delayed) birthday ThatCrazyChick (or is it YouCrazyChick? :P )

I'm hoping too. I'm sure Pebbles will be quite.... hard on some people looking for peace and quiet, eh heh heh.

Perhaps we can even say that they will be between a rock and a hard place, nya nya nya!!!!!! ;)

Of course it is. Honestly, I really dislike the characters and am pretty annoyed with all the delays its causing. When no one could contact Metis,I thought that after that it should have been it, tough luck and move on. Is there still no chance of a release without them?

That doesn't come as a surprise, given that due to the bugged modding tools I didn't do any of the coding for the adventure, I just type out all the text. If I did do everything I could, what I could, in the mod tools than I imagine testing it would have gone like "That's the third time this option devoid of any and all text, which I think is the investigation check, didn't unlock anything. Is it broken or did I just fail a v15 three times in a row? Or have I been picking the v20 roll all this time? Eh, it probably works well enough.". Not exactly first-class bugtesting, that.

That said having DLC16 be delayed, if only by a week, by an adventure that I wrote? Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.

Eh, what's another week to wait, after all those months? If it means more content to coast us over to the mythical Year 2, I'm all for it.

That said, I'll have to pay special attention to that adventure, to make sure it was worth the delay *pulls out grades sheet*.

Soon, though, not to worry. ;)

I hope it's not the trademarked Academagia Soon? I'm not that young anymore, you know.

That said, I'll have to pay special attention to that adventure, to make sure it was worth the delay *pulls out grades sheet*.

If more than one of the three complete Y1 adventures I typed made it in, how will you know which one to check? :rolleyes:

I can see all three causing trouble at one point or another, so, eh, I got nothing.

Hey, I sent my students in on Febuary 18th, 2013. Don't blame me that they lost them; I didn't have anything to do with that. :P;)

It's hard to believe it's been over a year since then. I'm really kind of excited, actually.

And, eh, adventures are always causing trouble. I wouldn't worry about it. For me, as I said, I've been waiting for this for a year and a month: what's one more week? ;)

Archived