Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 16 Bugs

Metis

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More Mod Tools:

1. The Minds of Men VII is missing a set of quotes at the start, to denote the fist paragraph is what the interviewee(?) asks.

2. The Minds of Men VIII:

This would has never met a more dangerous threat to it than humanity, and the Dragons are the only force that can stop us.

3. The Minds of Men IX:

Imagine a doe who could use magic to rearrange the world as she saw fit. The doe would will all of her predators dead, would will a never-ending supply of food, and an infinite number of offspring.

4. The Middle Empire I:

During the time we have dubbed the “Middle Empire” humans were comfortable in the uncomfortably of the safety that the Great Wall provided.

5. The Middle Empire research hands out nothing at rank 9.

Mod Tools:

1. The Bully Hair item is called the Bully Wig in the item description.

2. Perspective Powder is tagged, but not described, as illegal.

Ingame:

1. History: Locally Notable's random common item handed me a(nother) genuine copy of the third page from Gera's Letter. I know the issue with random tables, but, eh, maybe set those items to uncommon to maybe prevent that? I'm not sure if there's any functions that hand a player an random uncommon item, I do know there's a few for Legendary...

2. The Scissors item cannot be equipped - item type is listed as Sewing Tools in the mod base.

3. Same for the Fish Bone Needle item, also typed as Sewing Tools.

PS: Those locals can send you off to the Academagia with the most random stuff imaginable. I got a Failed Negation Wand from, I assume, the Crafting the Negation Wand adventure line, a Commemorative Signpost that Jere made for me(?), a Misshaped Griffon, various parts of a Medium Sized Clock, an Arboreal Frog, a Thieves' Guild Friendship Bracelet, various parts of Gera's letter...

Have the requirements for "Dies Felicitatis 01" changed to the last mod base?

In my current game I'm at the 22. Cheimare as Aranaz char and don't have it in my adventure list but at the 23 it suddenly show up!

If this is a intentional change then all is fine but otherwise something strange going on with the date requirement.

More Mod base 3:

Student Adventure Strolin 3 Investigation option success text incorrectly references Emilia once instead of Rikildis, and Option 3 does not end the adventure on a successful roll as the success text advertises. Also, the requirement for that investigation option (friendship with Rikildis, Insight/Gossip v. 12) make it a bit...niche. Maybe lessen that?

Colour-coding error: My attempt to Befriend Zoe (1 Charm/0 Befriend) with 2 Charm/1 Befriend is incorrectly listed as green. It should be blue, since if Zoe rolls a 2 and I a 0 she'll beat my 0+1=1 Befriend check with her 2+0=2. Not really sure how that could be addressed, but it's the first time I've noticed the game be straight-up wrong with it's colour-coding on a roll that's just skills and attributes (and my CoS because Shatter Mirror/Comet, but I know the game never accounts for that and it wouldn't push a roll to green anyway).

And to clarify; Zoe's personal ability is active - she does not have a passive penalty to Befriend or Charm like Beatrix does.

I know not all calculations are taken into account. The problem is that in that instance the calculations that are taken into account (attribute+skill v. attribute+skill) the game doesn't calculate it correctly.

EDIT: So I just got reprimanded for trespassing (Glamour Classroom: Professor's Podium, it happens)...and the end of day tally rapports that I've been reprimanded for skipping detention. 10 times. It literally printed "You have been reprimanded for skipping detention!" 10 times, pushing me straight into a Hall Session. No Court, though.

Also,my luck at passing a 50% Memorisation roll (Oan tutorial) while lucking out on a 75% chance (+1 Glamour Spells from Professor's Podium, which is +1 step to 3 random Glamour subskills) is rapidly reaching levels of statistical improbability. 4 failures in a row at the Memorisation which got Glamour Spells every time (once even twice!), but the fifth time I pass the Memorisation but I get no Glamour Spells? I swear this game's RNG just knows. I won't mention the antics with the next part where it succeeded a black check nearly 8 times in a row...that I wanted to fail.

ACTUAL BUG: Random Event Gates 6 has an Investigation roll...I mean a roll for the dummied-out Investigation skill, not an investigation-type roll.

EDIT 2: Found the magic trap random event with the incorrect imagine and questionable Lie check: Random Event Magic Trap 8

Metis;

I think, in the case of Befriend, the portion related to the number of Characters in your Clique isn't taken into account. It's known, but I'm not sure a change can be made in Y1. I'll ask, though!

The skipping Detention issue is known, and is handled in Y2. I don't know if that correction will be pushed down into Y1, though.

For RE Gates 6 and RE Magic Trap 8, we'll review in 17- thanks!

Mod tools: I noticed that during Ana's adventure the Brute Strength option in stage 5 actually gives you the...well, the item you get from doing Ana's adventure, but than if you go with Music during stage 6 you also get the item, so it's possible that you'll end up with a duplicate.

Mod tools: The Imperial Palace: Emperor's Wand Room location mentions (cryptically) that you need Heraldry 11 to use it's ability of the same name, but the ability only requires Heraldry 7 or higher. Also, neither description clarifies that the ability can only be used once. Further, the ability description's claim of it giving a random wand is incorrect - it will always hand out an Awareness Wand.

Archived