Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 16 Bugs

Metis

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...If that theory is correct and you have no Negation subskills revealed, than you hit a 4/10 or 2/5 chance three times in a row. Not impossible, but...for testing this I'd suggest Orsi - if you don't have any of the relevant subskills revealed he'd have a (frankly ridiculous) 22/27 chance of failing, and someone in Aranaz/Vernin wouldn't have any of it revealed by way of mandatory classes.

I got as reward -3 CoD from a Favour of di Lucca but my CoD did still stay at -2 as it was before.

(keep in mind with all my reports that I use the DLC 16 with the class skipping bug and some of my mods)

But if even a change in CoD from Favour is not working that make me worried about the hidden CoS we can get from Favour.

Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect that we'll see a content pack or two after dlc 17. Probably just for a little more bug fixing and to add the straggler player stories, oh, and to get the typos that will undoubtedly sneak into the final DLC

I'm fairly certain of it because there will be typos/bugs galore and it'd be pretty demoralizing to release the game on Steam with the caveat that user-based content submissions are already closed, particularly with the mod tools taking an outdated and unsupported OS to fully work. Of course another actual content pack would then have to be followed by at least another patch to fix those inevitable typos/bugs, so that would end up delaying Y2...or whatever project the Team picks up after 17/Steam.

It shouldn't be so long as the facts - whatever they end up being - are made clear ahead of time. That and the fact that the Team is (I assume) open to user-based submissions for Y2. Really, Y1 has...almost enough adventures as is, anyway, so it's not an especially big loss in the grand scheme of things. And if it is, well, there's always the Writer's Corner if people wish to show off.

Really, I'm just dreading what the influx of Steam's userbase is going to do. In both senses of the word.

Random Event Common Room 10, in which a group of students came together to burn stress after exams, has triggered on Juvenalia. Are there exams that I'm not aware of or...what?

EDIT: So...Tutorial Adventure 04, IE Familiar Training...I just noticed that the color-coding options for those things don't work. I have an unmodified Coca (Faux Dragon) who's given the option of Charm/Intimidation v.3, Fitness/Athletics v.3 or Insight/Infiltration v.3. All rolls are marked as red, but that doesn't match with Coca's attributes - Charm 3 should should make the first roll black, and Fitness/Insight 1 should make the last two roll purple. Incidentally I always try to succeed on the Infiltration roll because I can generally use Move Silently later, and that roll just succeeded. I have no idea how it even could have succeeded, because Coca has 1 Insight and no skills at all. No Bond, no Infiltration, nothing.

Also the Familiar/Athletics option isn't in brackets like the other two, but that's just a minor detail.

Really, I'm just dreading what the influx of Steam's userbase is going to do. In both senses of the word.

I'm worried about the same thing. I want the game to be really popular, but I'm worried about the stories that might start popping up in the writers corner

I'm worried about the same thing. I want the game to be really popular, but I'm worried about the stories that might start popping up in the writers corner

To be honest, even with a steam release Academagia is a niche game. And even among the relatively small uptake from Steam, only a tiny fraction of those people will be remotely interested in posting on the forums. I mean right now Academagia has presumably sold a fair few copies and there are what... a dozen regulars on here?

I'd think that most of the people submitting new stories will be much the same as the ones that are already here, the small subset of Academagia players that are a little too obsessive about it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Mod Base: Kurt Henning's Clique Ability is stated to have a 50% chance of +1 random Incantation skill, expect that his ability has a 50% success chance rather than a failure chance, so unless I misunderstand the mechanics that 50% chance will always succeed. Incidentally, that's also pretty meh as far as Clique abilities go. Especially because Durand's Clique ability gives +1 random Incantation SS ×3 without the (supposed) failure chance, although admittedly his has a 7 day cooldown.

EDIT: Alchemical Tendencies V:

Chemistry is responsible for the process that led man to discouver how to process metal from ore.

159 Suggestions About the Ature of the Moon:

That our Earth has but one moon suggests perhaps that we must work to earn additional moons lest the denizens of other planets think less of us.

Alchemical Tendencies VI:

In order to make sure the reaction you are witnessing is a true one, it is best to have controled experimentation. This means that all your insterments must be sterile, that you only introduce one component and a time and take complete notes.

Alchemical Tendencies VII does not have a typo, but mentions the old "transmute anything into gold" idea without pointing out the resulting problem called "hyperinflation". This clearly is an error that must be corrected.

Alessa's Tome, Verse III:

Where did this appreciate for beauty come from?

All Ink, Made of Equal?:

Not worthy of our presence, not worthy to stand in the gods glow, let alone in my home. (My English class said that should be "God's glow" and come Hell or high water I'm sticking to that)

You are blind if you think that all ink is created equal. Blink and misguided.

Archived