DLC 16 Bugs

Metis

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lore Durand student Tulia Faspalla

"...The shield pheme is the coolest of all the Negation"

perhaps should be rephrased to

"Of all Negation phemes" or "of all the Negation phemes" but the way it is right now is not 100% right.

So, these might not be bugs and one of them probably isn't new to this dlc, but:

- As part of the last stage of Vincent Eins adventure ("The Hunt") you can pick a puzzles option. I did this and although the output claimed to increase my "puzzles skill step" by 2 what I actually got was a level of puzzles research.

- One of the new adventures (I think the sphinx one - it's the one where you disguise yourself as a beekeeper) has a bit where you sneak into the imperial palace and you need to get help from someone there. You have 2 options - one of them Mastery. That's fine. You get the Mastery option even if you don't have skill at mastery though. That is in line with how most checks are done so it might be fine too, but it's slightly odd considering that Mastery is forbidden lore.

Where it gets very odd though,is that the difficulty for Mastery seems to be quite a bit lower than the other choice (persuade I think) and can be doable with just attribute alone. This meant that my character had a blue mastery option and a red persuade one despite having no skill at Mastery (I think - I now have level 1 theory of mastery but I think I got that later from the sphinx).

I can see why Mastery is lower difficulty - there wouldn't be much point in learning a high skill modifier and illegal skill if it wasn't better than talking sometimes, but I think this step should only show the Mastery option for people who actually have the skill.

Turtle Adventure 3b the Endurance exit seems to be bugged. I had a look in the modtools after I tried it and the success continuance has both start & end dates of hionosi muneris. Certainly the next stage of the adventure did not appear for me despite passing that check.

The other exit (pure luck) seems to be okay for that stage so I'll go back a save and train up for that one.

Looks like a bug week for my char

Monday Corradin fail to cast True Friendship (autosuccess spell)

Tuesday I got a Reprimand for skipping class but no Detention?! Edit: on reload it now display as if I had detention the day before instead that it shows for next week Monday.

Wed. Kurt cast Bitter Stalk on me and fail what final let me think that my char probably have a CoF for spells cast by other on him.

Not a bug, but more attention to detail: Listen/Composure 10 should either give a bonus to Empathy/Serenity or outright reduce their training modifier, due to how those skills are said to pair up but, mechanically, don't, at present.

Just Another Day In Mineta:

"You're magic, right? Here's a mess I want you to clean up."

-Go away

-Bribe someone else

-Endure

There's a distinct lack of a magic option there, methinks.

EDIT: Also, Fitness 5/Negation 17 only handing out a 50% chance to succeed? Followed by a Negation Methods 18 being a hopefully decent shade of blue? Followed immediately by a red Composure 10 and Wits 11 without a "come back later" option? All for an action that is pretty much Match Wits with the Emperor's Sphinx where you replace Insight/Wits with Intelligence/Dialectic and get an extra random Malice SS in return for an unavoidable +1 stress?

Kudos to whoever wrote the adventure, it definitely has the crazy/random aspect that makes adventures interesting, but hot damn is that adventure not worth doing form a gameplay perspective.

.Attribute 5 / skill 17 gives black on a difficulty 22 roll if my understanding of the mechanics is correct. That's high compared to most adventures but not ridiculously so. For example the last stage of Ilaro's main quest adventure has rolls against 24 and 25 - although to be fair the main quest does tend to have harder rolls than most. Vuillaume's student adventure, to pick one I try to do most playthroughs, has difficulty 20 rolls at the end.

The sphinx adventure's difficulty seems set to a level that makes it a late-game adventure which does diminish the value of unlocking skill training with it a bit. Attributes of 5 are a bit low for that tier of adventure so I'd recommend using easier ones as stepping stones to build them up.

That said, the sphinx adventure is not trivial even for a powergamed character. If it's supposed to be realistically completable by roleplay characters early enough that the sphinx training is a clear benefit then it could probably use a drop in some of the difficulties.

On the other hand, if getting to the sphinx is supposed to be a major achievement that only a lucky or powerful character can be expected to do it's difficulty is fine IMO.

An FYI is that I'm not sure if that's a Fitness/Negation roll, I only assume such because Negation is governed by Fitness. If that roll was, say, an Insight/Negation roll you'd be looking at a roll v29, since I had 12 Insight at the time. Part of the problem with the difficulty is that the reward you get for it after passing 2 other difficult rolls is completely not worth it, even with the ludicrously high stats and luck that I had (passed a black 17 Negation, a blue 18 Negation Methods, and then a red 11 Wits check without reloading once). The other part is that, last I checked, having a parent skill at 17 is not normal by any stretch, you have to (and I did) go out of your way to raise it that high.

On the point of increasing Fitness - it's one of the rarer attributes to raise from adventuring. The best way to get it would probably be to spam/manipulate Run A Potentially Crippling Training Course.

As a note, if taking DC's of the wiki please note that those figures are mainly estimated based on attribute+skill=black rather than extracted from the modbase (at least where I wrote up the adventure) - and the attribute element can be modified from comments by more experienced players.

There seems to be an actor link failure in kurt's adventure. ( where he wants to meet somebody important) It's clearly referencing Orsi, but the text displays his description rather than his name...!

edit. step#4 of the chipmunk problem has no title.

End Story 05 Familiar if you get the only exit of Mr. Pebbles it go over direct to the video instead of continue for End Story 06 Possessions

Edit: If Mr Pebbles should give a raise in Stress Minimum then I never had any problems with it as rest and other abilities that reduce it always manage to reduce my stress to 0.

Gwendy's adventure name has an extra 'i' in disappointing ("The disappoiinting hunters")

Edit: also, I've been poking about in the modtools a bit this playthrough and it seems that Noemia's adventure stage 5 exit 1 tries to expand the Cooking skill when successful, but cooking is a parent skill so it doesn't seem to do anything

'Nother typo, this one in Miya Hikari's random event. "to the dragon's wraith" -> "to the dragon's wrath".

Also, remember me complaining about that very hard Negation roll? I just cast From Novice to Master with a Shield Pheme added to boost Concentration, to cast Improve Negation stacked to the gills with Shield Phemes, and then used Narrow Focus: Negation on Negation Phemes to get a sky-high Negation Methods, Phemes and Theory, plus a bunch of +1s to Negation itself.

I'm sitting on the day of the Negation final with 30 Negation, laughing like a maniac, hoping beyond hope that temporary buffs count for class exams. Although if they do than 6th finger on the Enchant exam? Whoah boy, that'd be something.

BTW: It does. Miriam Godwinson attended an examination on Negation and scored a 300, second highest is Vincent Warrender with 132. And with the two Glow of Victories +7 Structure Phemes, guess who's going to crush the Revision final next.

Sync isn't listed as a magic skill during the endgame when you're asked what type of magic is the most awesome. Not sure if it should be, though - Sync is just an off-shoot of Mastery but also a separate skill. Although admitting that Mastery, or a form thereof is the coolest is...probably not a smart idea (incoming cosmic recton aside).

Archived