Black Chicken Studios Forums

Playing with/ Thoughts on the Game in General.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway Albert can correct me at anytime but what he said is he wanted to uses glammour to make someone bully someone else in the agressive sense even more importantly making them in the "mood" to agress (first) other.

Here we are talking of a spell that will makes someone more probably react violently to hostile action. That's was not what albert and me were talking about.

edit: Ok I should stop editing. :P

But the the pheme you posted is actually the best argument to my previous point.

How do you "inspire someone to be in a bullying mood" with Glammour ?

edit: I mean I know you can make them angry or upset but really I don't know how you can make someone think "I am gonna bully someone" .

Okay so my point is that Glammour is supposed to manipulate the sentiments. So you can make someone angry but not someone a bully.

Now Albert correctly responded that character like Philip will probably bully someone if angry but not no for a less violent character.

And then there is this wonderfull pheme borderline mastery wich actually influence directly someone behavior and not his feelings.

But then it's only make people act more violently than normal and depending on their personality. Just like what Albert and me agreed on the feeling--action part for standart Glammour.

But then that doesn't mean the target will react violently and even if it works you don't know how "violent" the reaction will be.

And that's bordeline Mastery Glammour.

You still believe it's that easy to do Mastery's like spell with Glammour ?

so if someone bully me and I react "violently" I am a bully ? Even if only once ?

edit: What if I only react ''violently'' when someone do ''hostile'' action against me ? does it makes me a bully too ? (Sima Venesico)

You will be. Once initiated into violence, once understanding the allure and thrill, you will not turn back. Patience and temperance will only last so long, especially when you discover how to make those below you stand in line and act as they should circa now. You need only be shown the truth of the concept and brought into the fold. Besides which, definitions are all well and nice, but neither the victims or the bystanders make it truth. The one who gets punched in the face rather than told to leave isn't going to claim justified self defence, and if that truth is upheld, any other definition ceases to have meaning.

Anyway Albert can correct me at anytime but what he said is he wanted to uses glammour to make someone bully someone else in the agressive sense even more importantly making them in the "mood" to agress (first) other.

Here we are talking of a spell that will makes someone more probably react violently to hostile action. That's was not what albert and me were talking about.

Pretty sure there's a Glamour spell that can do that, if not one in the game itself. A single Pheme can make you more likely to respond to violence, I imagine a spell could make you commit violence.

so if someone bully me and I react "violently" I am a bully ? even if only once, it ist bullying?

edit: What if I only react ''violently'' when someone do ''hostile'' action against me ? does it makes me a bully ? (Sima Venesico)

I've never had to repeat violent behaviour. If they tried ot mess with me for no reason I either scared the shit out of them or beat them up so badly they would lie down on the floor/ground squirming in pain, then I asked them if they wanted a repeat of that every day for the rest of their schooldays. Noone wanted that, so I never had to repeat myself.

I guess I'm not a bully since I didn't give a damn about them as long as they wern't annoying me.(bully me in some way or another)

Then there was this gang with people who didn't even belong on the school, after they recived a collective beating for messing with me and my books they rarely ever showed again, and if any of them ever saw me they would run like crazy.

It's almost like they thought I was the devil made flesh. I couldn't have cared less about them, but they likely assumed I had the same inclination they had to exert power on other people and make them suffer. Why else would they be so afraid of me.

All I ever wanted was to get through with school and get on with my life.

So unless scarring them with my mere presence counts as bullying, then I wasn't a bully :) Some students seemed to think my presence keept them safe, least that's what I was told years later when I meet some of them.

Maybe my harsh rejection of their gang invites made them feel like they were intruding on someone elses bully territory?

Whatever the case, it worked for me, and apparently others were grateful of my benevolent presence.

I know that bully's quickly stopped their activities and any offenders would run like crazy if I came walking. In truth I wouldn't have bothered, but they seemed to believe I was territorial or something. I can't say I feelt any allure or thrill either, unless an extreme adrenaline rush and anger that seemed to slow down time itself and make colours shift counts, mostly I feelt disgusted by the type of lowlife I thought they were.

If you add phemes that make them react aggressively to perceived hostility, then cast a spell that makes them perceive people around them in a threatening manner, then that certainly would make it fairly easy to trigger a bullying or hostile action episode. Even if it's based on a misconception and deceit.

Greatly increased tendencies to perform hostile actions + check

Illusion and mind-altering delirium that makes them perceive people in their vicinity as hostile or ill-intentioned towards them. Perhaps they imagine they are laughing at them even if they arn't, and pointing fingers! A clear hostile action right there! +check

What do you think? You alter them so they can't let go of a hostile action, then make them believe they are being insulted and ridiculed.

You will be. Once initiated into violence, once understanding the allure and thrill, you will not turn back. Patience and temperance will only last so long, especially when you discover how to make those below you stand in line and act as they should circa now. You need only be shown the truth of the concept and brought into the fold. Besides which, definitions are all well and nice, but neither the victims or the bystanders make it truth. The one who gets punched in the face rather than told to leave isn't going to claim justified self defence, and if that truth is upheld, any other definition ceases to have meaning.nce.

Maybe but you didn't answer my question: if someone is bullying you and you put them in their place (after the began yes). Is this bullying ?

Me I am gonna agree with albert here. reacting violently to agression is not bullying. being a bully is actually being aggressive with weaker than self not defending yourself.

Pretty sure there's a Glamour spell that can do that, if not one in the game itself. A single Pheme can make you more likely to respond to violence, I imagine a spell could make you commit violence.

Doesn't really matter anymore. :) see my post above (edited part)

You have brought me the strongest argument to differenciate Glammour and Mastery. I thank you for that. :)

You still my n1 favorite in my special list. :)

Just throw in a Glamour that makes them think other people, or the victim you want them to bully or attack is pointing fingers at them and laughing.

If they are already hotwired to respond with violence then they will do so.

if someone is bullying you and you put them in their place (after the began yes). Is this bullying ?

To which my answer was:

Besides which, definitions are all well and nice, but neither the victims or the bystanders make it truth. The one who gets punched in the face rather than told to leave isn't going to claim justified self defence, and if that truth is upheld, any other definition ceases to have meaning.

By exact definitions it might be, it might not be. Personally I'd actually not count it as such, but those witnessing it and those who's interpretation matters might think differently - and if they do, it's the latter's idea that stands no matter what the bystanders think. Once labelled and treated like a bully, you are for all intends and purposes a bully, whether you fit the mold or not.

BTW, where did the nce. come from? I didn't post that.

Archived