Black Chicken Studios Forums

Revenge Plots (Kurt, take notes)

Metis

So I just finished Operation Friendship Chiseler, whereby I used three Glow of Victory spells loaded with Temporize Pheme to shoot my Persuasion up to 40, then used two more Glow of Victory spells (Finesse/Persuasion v4 to cast, if you're wondering) loaded with Candid Phemes to shoot my Gossip to a modest 28, and then I used Demean on that chatterbox Rikildis von Kiep to take her relationship with Joana and Philippe down to whatever they were -8. I then used Calculate the Geometry of Friendship to determine the single best point and way to Confide with Rikildis that, yeah, I kinda shortened her lifespan a little. For whatever reason she was so impressed with my scheme that she now actually likes me better then before I send Joana and Philippe after her to bully her until she's a whimpering, (literally) catatonic wreck.

My motive? Rikildis used her ability on me and rolled Joana, while I already had a -1 relation with her.

So here's some questions:

1. Is 4 points the most Demean can lower a relationship by in a single action? I'm pretty sure that with my 12 Charm/28 Gossip Rikildis didn't succeed on the contested roll with her 4 Charm/0 Gossip.

2. How often, exactly, can I expect Philippe and Joana to, you know, rearrange her face? I've got info on 2/3 and will get info on Phillipe, but, you know, just wondering.

3. What were some glorious revenge plots you carried out?

On average, timeslots are too important to me to waste on something as petty as revenge. certainly not 6+ of them either. I tend to tune out the effects of school life unless in comes knocking on my door and when it does... I try to use a surgeon's grace to parry it in some way. Of course if I did get a lot of enemies that would change.

It's an interesting way to handle an enemy, I generaly approve of it. Though most of my manipulativ students with a sense of superiority tends to regard the other students as below notice or tools, rather than worthy oponents, and thus not really worth thetime outside of trying to dislodge if they start hating me for some strange reason, by making them like me more.

One reason is that it isn't very effective if Philippe or Joanna has a relationship at -10 with another student already.

In my current playthrough I checked it out with Gossip and it shows that Philippe has 10 with Joanna and they are in the same Clique. However, Philippe has -10 with Catherin Chard who is in my Clique. It would be hard to redirect Philipes attention on someoen else as long as he has an object he absolutely hates in someone else. Unles you get it all the way down to -10, in which case his attention will be divided at best.

I tend to ignore my enemies and indeed most students unless they get in my way like trying to bully me, then I declare a vendetta and humiliate them in a duel. It doesn't take many timeslots and prevents them from stressing you, though if you were truly trying to optimize you'd probably be better off befriending them, but that just rubs me wrong.

Deflecting their attention and going for a forgive and forget just seems like the cowardly way out, if anyone dares cross my character, pride would prevent her from just letting it go. She's such a Mary Sue in studies and adventures already, she needs vices and pride is probably foremost among them. If it can be done without too much personal sacrifice then vengeance is definitely worth it.

I also make no effort to avoid provoking people (from other colleges) so Philippe and Joanna invariably lose relations from both random events and adventures, making enemies a given.

I even had Joana at -3 in a more recent game but the 2-3 times she managed to bully and 2 time she casted a spell on me wasn't even worth to waste a single timeslot to deal with her. (Ok later I Flatter her twice just to make sure to have a good start in year 2)

My more sucessful characters knows they can flatten any of the other students, they wouldn't be worried about using what some might consider a "cowards way out" since the oponent simply isn't worthy.

If you really want to make a students life turn into a hellish experience you can use The Rogues Company on them and decrease their relationship with a professor aswell. Then they will be bullied by students and professors alike.

My justification for spending, what was that, like two dozen turns doing that? Rikildis has already used that ability on me and again at a later point that was sadly retconned out of existence, so I figured that I would deal with her now rather than constantly Calculate The Geometry of Friendship every time she got cute. And hey, it was during the exam month, I got plenty of time thanks to classes being useless.

How exactly do you check how students feel about other students? Even the ones I'm informed of I don't know how to check that.

Demean will also work the first time you pick a student, then when you try to choose another student it will show their relationship values to the far right next to their names. Thats the first students relationship value with those students, and they are mutual.

Ha, that's actually a correct point. I had not noticed that. Now if I cared (I don't) I could check who else is on Philippe and Joana's hit lists and "persuade" them to direct their attention elsewhere, but nah, too much effort. Rikildis already lost as many turns due to "illness" as it cost me to set this up, so I'm happy.

That does only work if you're informed of the student you're looking at, but still, good point.

My more sucessful characters knows they can flatten any of the other students, they wouldn't be worried about using what some might consider a "cowards way out" since the oponent simply isn't worthy.

Mine as well, except she want others to know exactly how much better she is. After the duel a geas prevents them from hurting her anyways. Pride, wrath, envy, greed, the only sin she doesn't have is sloth.

I figure it'll make for an interesting start of year 2 if she has a lot of enemies.

The only way I know to learn about Relationship between NPCs your informed about and others is Gossip.

That ability unlocks it somehow? Because when I try to access peoples' opinions on each other it seems to randomly work or just return to my own relation screen. There doesn't seem to be any system, I can check relations for some people my character has never spoken to, for some of my clique mates and for some of the people I'm informed on, but not all of either category.

Frankly I always assumed it was one huge bug.

Dreamweaver you know the protection from the Duel end at the start of year 2?

Yes, which is why having enemies will make for an interesting start of year 2. I don't really fear them at any rate, I'm sure there'll be ways to deal with them, a new duel if nothing else. I already know it's not optimal, I just think it's more interesting like that. A concession to roleplay I suppose.

That ability unlocks it somehow? Because when I try to access peoples' opinions on each other it seems to randomly work or just return to my own relation screen. There doesn't seem to be any system, I can check relations for some people my character has never spoken to, for some of my clique mates and for some of the people I'm informed on, but not all of either category.

Frankly I always assumed it was one huge bug.

For me it worked so fare when I first selected the clique member and then go to the other tab and look

I once thought about making a character that before she made friends with any of them, she would break them down to -10, duel them, win and geas them so they could never hurt her, then balance them back up to friendship and befriend them knowing she had created broken wrecks loyal to only her.

But, yeah, the timeslots that would take. Ugh.

Archived