Black Chicken Studios Forums

Small victories

Svinik

My small victories for my newest character:

120 merits by week 4ish and I only competed like 4 times. And I'm in Alvia. Thank you Cinza <3

Also, finally found a rose with golden petals. Turns out I needed the normal find plant option, and I didn't need to take botany. But I've had a lot of options to pass random events with my high botany and flower skills. (And Cinza and Cyrus are competing like mad so I can't bring myself to restart.)

I love finding Diavesque and then failing the lie check in exploring for the sake of. (Yay charm point!) my character is typically a good girl. Cept she knows tons of gates stuff and happens to be the daughter of sky pirates. And is best friends with Isabeau. (<3 big haul!)

Congratulations on your victory!

I'm going to prove my ignorance, what do you do with a rose with golden petals?

And as for D, I suspect that there may be a follow-up adventure in Yr 2, and whether you made the pact or dumped him in the forest under a bizarre altar that 3 other students new about but clearly no-one would investigate because no doubt it would be against school rules to wander out so far, D will make his presence known to you once more.

Mind you, with my guys D will be in a queue with other potential enemies, who will in turn be in a queue after all the groups my chaps appear to have joined, some of which may not have been entirely open and honest about their intentions.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rose with golden petals is "awesome", it goes into your plant slot! And gives you a boost to Glamour Itihnk and was it Revision? and something else? I got it on my last character while using the Cultivate action.

Tbh, I just threw in that Ability for fun to say I did something different, and I was very lucky! I had never seen that thing before.

It also lasts your whole life since it's so sturdy!

Maybe I should check it out and post it's stats.

Edit: Ok, it gives +1 to the Aestetics parrent tree(coutrly fashion, hairstyles and everything else that makes you look good, and know what looks good)

And it gives +1 to Glamour Methods.

I know there is a plant that gives something to one of those incantation skills instead but I got a piece of cloth that does that and a small ruby.

I've actually tried to fill every slot with something ;) The only slot I can't find something really useful for would be the game/cards slot.

I got a Wi-quie board or whatever it was called, but unless I'm planning to play a game with someone it doesn't seem that useful ;)

Imo, the Marat deck should fit that slot, rather than miscellanea.

A golden petal rose would make for a nice addition or the parrents collection/garden I'm sure... If only it would be possible to create another plant from the one I got without killing it or damaging it.

The rose with golden petals isn't super useful but I always wanted one for my plant slot. that or an ice lily, and since that's from a random event I've only ever had one.

Vernin almost caught up. Cinza is slacking lol.

• 1 month later...

Managed to get to Geometry 14 without the help of any items :)

Had luck with the Favor of Badcrumble and Monetario.

From Prof. Badcrumble I got Planets max +1 and Planets 11 gives Calculate Declination and Hour Angles for +1 Astrology and Geometry

From Prof. Monetario I got Geometric Laws max +1 what gives Trigonometry max +1 and from this I then get Astronomy max +1

Together with Systematic Mind and Visualize Mathematics that each gives +1 its Geometry 14 :)

Rereading this thread I just realised something...

If Diavesque or whatever it's name... Gets upset and summons demons that it controls, can't you just master the demons? Or begin with breaking his control them master them and have them threaten it with getting it's pages torn out by it's lovely little demons?

Would likely requier massive skills. But Diavesque is just a fraction of what he/it once was. Which would explain why he wants a kid to help him, he has problems doing things on his own and needs a helper that isn't too powerful and potentially dangerous. Kids are also known to be more gullible and make misstakes.

Also, if Diavesque would turn on the player then it would go against it's promise that bind that oath that was taken. The player would be free from the Oath if it has some kind of "mystical" effect. Apparently it was very important to Mr BookDragon.

Then you can sell that pesky book back to Morgana for 5 pims as a "symbolic" transfer fee. Maybe it's best if she keeps watch on it like she has since the last dragonuprising. She might actually be able to keep Diavesque away from you for a few thousand years. In all that time she did nothign of note, so it seems better than letting Diavesque scheme away.

Nice, in my current game Joana failed both Arithmetic and Enchant class exam so her path in crafting is blocked and my Vernin char probably no longer have the same class as her in year 2 :D .

Edit: I don't want to be in her hide when the exam results get to her parents Failure in both Arithmetic and Enchant, Calligraphy and Zoology only Third Class Honors, Revision is with lower Second Class Honors just a bit better and Athletics is a nice Pass as everyone of this class.

If here parents have at last some control over her she probably will spend her time in a very strict summer class.

Nice, in my current game Joana failed both Arithmetic and Enchant class exam so her path in crafting is blocked and my Vernin char probably no longer have the same class as her in year 2 :D .

Edit: I don't want to be in her hide when the exam results get to her parents Failure in both Arithmetic and Enchant, Calligraphy and Zoology only Third Class Honors, Revision is with lower Second Class Honors just a bit better and Athletics is a nice Pass as everyone of this class.

If here parents have at last some control over her she probably will spend her time in a very strict summer class.

I never understood what it took to fail a class tbh, but it was obvious that you were doing good if you topped the class exam score.

I don't know what it takes, it sounds like 50 points is enough, it's considered full points I think i was said. Anything more than that is bonus points.

Fail = less than 50? Or less than 25? There also seemed to be different grading depending on the class.

I want say thanks to the player who pointed me toward the Apprenticeship: Page background as Elegant Service is clear superior to Weasel Words!

Because so fare I used Tutoring: Grifter and Apprenticeship: Spy to unlock the Espionage SS early to get Weasel Words the Background cost keep the same and I no longer have the Grifter background what is a big plus!

That'd be Dreamweaver, I think. Anyway I personally don't see the draw since Favors are just too random for me to bother with, and information on a student is...only very rarely useful for me. I'll probably avoid Spy and Grifter for my Y2 character, but for Y1 characters they'll probably take the +1 Finesse along with the bucket of skills and run with them.

Especial if it comes down to reloading the Elegant Service is to prefer over Weasel Words as it have no roll!

So you can put Elegant Service in the same day as the Favor and have not to worry that the Elegant Service fails.

Weasel Words failing was never the issue. Favor not giving me what I want is the issue. Like I said before, Favors are just too random to be useful even with save cheese.

There are some legendary phemes, like Divinatio and Corrode, that can only be obtained bia favor. By the time you get to create your own spells or further tweak them these phemes might give you a good advantage. The skill maximuns always good too.

The drawback of the Page background is that blocks one of Katja's adventures, and i like her much so i wanted to develop her and page get in the way. Otherwise its a worth background.

Hmm your right knowing Pheme will most likely become more important in year 2 so I should look for this also when choosing my class.

Weasel Words failing was never the issue. Favor not giving me what I want is the issue. Like I said before, Favors are just too random to be useful even with save cheese.

At last for me it was a issue because it have increased the number of times I had to reload a day when using a Favor.

Hmm your right knowing Pheme will most likely become more important in year 2 so I should look for this also when choosing my class.

If you want the Favor Phemes, here's a quick reference list of the Phemes Favor can get you:

Bold Phemes you can only get from favors, non-bold Phemes you can get from plain old skill levels. Oh, and yes, Aventyrare does teach as many Phemes as every other instructor combined. Only half as many unique Phemes, sure, but still, come on.

My current character got Explore the Training Grounds from a other skill that gives a random location trough the first half of the game.

Now I use this to get Instinct to 10 as it sound like a great SS for a Mercenary.

Old Posting: Because I suspect some of this exclusive Pheme will become part of a skill in the next years I don't think its worth to spend all this timeslot for Favor. But i.e. Corrode sounds like a Pheme we wont learn except from the favour.

Archived