Black Chicken Studios Forums

I did it!

freespace2dotcom

I actual use Entertain for increase bond as it is 1 full level and also give you some needed relationship increase to unlock Student adventures.

Also because Improved Familiar Handling only work every other day I usual don't use buff spells on my familiar.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said your char was weak! :( I was just inputting my opinion on a couple of things. :)

Your chars are very powerful, and I don't teach my Pamela anything. (I will, to a limited extent.) Although I suspect the Mastery Bug will bite you in Y2 when basic telepathy is likely to be revealed.

In short, there really isn't enough time in the day for us. I'm waiting to see what penalty there is for using the new timeslots. Depending on what it is, I'll either abuse it or never use it.

Improved familiar handling has a 1 day resettime meaning you can use it once Every day, it reset midnatt I believe. Just que it in your preset actions. They are also a convenient UI function that took me years to discover =p

Improved familiarhandling Wont just give you one Bond subskill lever, but 4 levels when it only takes 1 skillstepp to level each Bond skill, also the skill isn't random so you Wont fail by randomly getting the one subskill that already higher than the others.

I think we talked about this before. Think you could max the Bond in two or three days. It's not a huge hurdle when you know how to to it at maximum efficiency.

Edit: I hate how the mobile text correction program takes the liberty to switch out words randomly after I'm done typing...

Entertain is a full bond skill level of choice , 1 Student relationship of choice, 1 Random Student relationship

So in my book Entertain is a good way to increase relationship while you also increase a bond level. There only few actions that increase relationship to a specific student and give you a interesting other bonus.

Entertain is a full bond skill level of choice , 1 Student relationship of choice, 1 Random Student relationship

So in my book Entertain is a good way to increase relationship while you also increase a bond level. There only few actions that increase relationship to a specific student and give you a interesting other bonus.

I tend to use Charming conversation to get 3 increases to the relationship with two students of my choosing(+6) in the second half of the year. Gossip commes earlier and also allows you to get up to +3, especialy if you choose the location to be Garden gallery which Oan shows you, it gives you a bonus to the likelyhood that you get a 3 points increase on Gossip without doing any save scumming. There are plenty of abilities that increase relationships if you pickup the social skills.

Entertain is a good ability, but I tend to think of it as too unfocused to be that good when you want to focus your efforts and get as fast progress as possible in as few timeslot as possible.

It tends to be good to get student relationships up early, but the Bond and familiar development I tend to save for later in the year. The friends need to be picked up early before they join othe clicks and if you get their relationship up early then you're more likely to get freebies that up your relationship with them without spending a lot of points for it. Having positive points seems to increase the likelyhood that they will be involved, or rather that you will be involved in their random events and can pick up some friendship points with them.

--

Curse of the Branding Iron. (sounds somewhat evil though)

I can use it to train my bond, it might not be very good otherwise.

If I set the spell up for the middayslot I can put in an Improved Familiar handling for the afternoon slot.

+1 Level Bond of Iron

+1 level Bond of Silver

+1 Level Bond of Stars

+1 Level Bond of Iron

Next morning

+1 Level Bond of Silver

+1 level Bond of Stars

+1 Level Bond of Iron

+1 Level Bond of Silver

Midday

+1 Level Bond of stars

One casting and training

Has brought the Bond up to Level 3 in 1 Days of timeslots. So 9 bond skillevels

Afternoon

+1 Level Bond of Iron

Morning

+1 Level Bond of Silver

+1 level Bond of Stars

+1 Level Bond of Iron

+1 Level Bond of Silver

Midday

+1 Bond of Stars

Bond of 5 in two Days... I hardly call that useless for training..

That in itself seems Worth it for two Days of training and timeslots.

Now that the atributes have reset I can cast the Branding Iron again, It might cost 10 skillsteps(However, since you only got 5 you can't loose more than you got), but several of those would be eaten up by redusing the skilsteps needed for a level... It would only cost 10 if you actually got 10, when you got 10 bond of iron then you don't need it. It just makes it sound a lot more brutal and less useful than it truly is.First use is completely free of negative effects unless you've already been stacking up on Bond of Iron, but it might still be a nice boon.

You can use entertain in one of those slots if you rather want relationship points than skill steps in other skills for your character and familiar.

Lots of way to do it depending on current needs and priorities. The most expensive comodity we got here is timeslots, maximising the yield from that resource seems to be one of the sucess factors to excelling.

If you want to max every skill in the game, get the right friends, and set up your familair for year two while doing most of the adventures at the same time then you really need to plann out every timeslot.

At the same time, you don't have to be that extreme to become the best student in your class and year. The NPC students sets the bar for what's acceptable or even great, and it's not that hard to surpass them once you start grasping the basics of the game. Partially because they arn't very efficient with their time use.

For me Familiar training and Student adventure are a thing of the second half year and there is where the need of relationship increase and the bond training come together. (I.e. I have a student adventure I want to make nearly every time but usual don't have this student in the clique)

For me Familiar training and Student adventure are a thing of the second half year and there is where the need of relationship increase and the bond training come together. (I.e. I have a student adventure I want to make nearly every time but usual don't have this student in the clique)

I know the feeling, there tends to be something mroe you want to do before the year is over. I pretty mcuh would want to do it all but there is always Adventures left no matter how much I push for it. While some students may seem to be either better students to have around or have the best Adventure rewards, I'm sure they will all have the potential to contribute with awesome stuff and stories and knowledge for the Main character.

Most of them seem to have something they are good at and as they evolve over the years they might eventually have some really interesting stuff to share if you're friends with them. Not now that they're just beginning to find their speciality and understand their potential, but later when they have specialized more and dugg deeper into their personal side interests.

Then as a friend you might be able to learn their hard gained lessons by simply being a supporting friend and tagging along when something itneresting that they have spent a lot of time preparing for, is finally about to come to fruition..

The biggest advantage to actually attend a magic school like the Academagia over private tutors would be the vast amount of experience you gain from being with other wizards and observing and partisipating in their experiments, adventures and discussions. Learning from others misstakes. It might also be somewhat dangerous and hazardous to your health and wellbeing at times, especially if you don't know the warning signs of danger. It also opens up the possibilities of getting some extra mentor help if you do a favor or pay for it, or to make some extra money if you need it.

It will be interesting to see how the years progresses.... I just hope I, and the team survives long enough to complete at least the first 5 years :P Year 2 is really taking it's time :(

I think that the worst aspect of waiting, is that the team is very close mouthed when it comes to keeping our attention. It's really only the hardcore fans who are here posting all the time. I am really interested in seeing all the old faces come back and the massive discussions that we'll no doubt have when Y2 finally comes out. The team really needs a more proactive strategy for the waiting period for Y3 and beyond if it's going to be as slow as this one...

I think that the worst aspect of waiting, is that the team is very close mouthed when it comes to keeping our attention. It's really only the hardcore fans who are here posting all the time. I am really interested in seeing all the old faces come back and the massive discussions that we'll no doubt have when Y2 finally comes out. The team really needs a more proactive strategy for the waiting period for Y3 and beyond if it's going to be as slow as this one...

The best strategy would be to make the waiting time shorter. I realize the writing takes time, but maybe other developments of the game can be cut down a little, like the UI work and such. Putting in more focus on the next game in the series might also be a good idea if you're making a series of linked games.

(Least that's my take on it, as an armchair dev :P ) It should make it easier to retain and grow your reader/player base.

• 5 months later...

I find the Athletics exam of my last game funny Irene Oxina 142, Cosseta Re 140, Player 120 (only thanks to +2 Wrestling and Competition from Pheme), Vrenelle Bonvin 112, Joana Lio y Rossollo 106, Vincent Eins 103. So 2 Avila students where way better then the rest especial the students who one associate with athletics.

• 3 months later...

I find the new Coseta Re Random Event funny. (I put it into spoiler for people who want to read the RE in the game instead.)

My char with all glamour skill at 11 (real skill level without any buff) was asked to find Coseta Re and spot her try to break in. Instead of abuse the situation I just send her to the Professor searching for her. Later my char the get lectured by the professor that the person I send to her was actual a other student in Glamour disguise who now can join the real Coseta Re in the detention ^^. The funny part is that my char who thought he know all there is for year 1 about glamour got tricked by a other 1st year student via glamour.

Sure hope the Team remembered to fix that event's flags, because last I checked it in the Beta it was kind of messed up. Sadly I couldn't get it to trigger a second time to check, though rest assured, I tried.

Consequently I'm not sure if it made it in, since the one time it hit I saw through not-Cosetta's disguise, but IIRC if you don't see through the Glamour and actively freeze not-Cosseta in place you'll later be thanked by the real Cosetta that you foiled someone's plot to frame her, and as thanks she didn't tell the professor that technically speaking that entire hallway, not just the room not-Cosetta was trying to break into, was off-limits.

The PC's reaction to that is...priceless :).

Finally finished my Hedi char: (All data are including items and emotions ... at last for now and sorry for the bad formatting but this new forum no longer allow direct edit and so the spoiler messed up somehow)

I think he is as powerful as some of my chars that exploited the afternoon class bug

Hanes Schwarzbart

Fitness 10 Finesse 11 Charm 17 Strength 5 Intelligence 13 Insight 19 Luck 9

Skills: (Class Skill Calligraphy, Glamour, Grammar, History, Music and Rhetoric)

Ambush 12 Danger Sense 17 Mimicry 11 Move Silently 13

Art 12 Art Appreciation 12 Creativity 8 Music Theory 11 Painting 12 Theater 10

Astrology 15 Comets 8 Moons 9 Planets 7 Stars 11 The Everard Equation 11 Theory of Astrology 11

Calligraphy 12 (10) Forms 12 Illustration 11 Ink Compounds 10 Orthography 11

Compete 11 Manipulation 10 Planning 14 Wit 12

Enchant 10 Magical Appraisal 11 Materials Knowledge 10 Palettes 10

Espionage 10 Acting 10 Deceit 10 Infiltration 12

Gates 10 all SS 10

Glamour 13 (10) Glamour Methods 12 Glamour Phemes 11 Glamour Spells 12 Theory of Glamour 11

Grammar 14 (10) Famous Poetry 10 Famous Prose 11 Semantics 12 Syntax 12

Heraldry 10 Diplomacy 8 Etiquette 9 Intrigue 10 Romance 10

History 12 (10) The Calamities 11 The Early Empire 11 The History of Magic 11 The Middle Empire 11

Incantation 11 Incantation Methods 11 Incantation Phemes 10 Incantation Spells 13 Theory of Incantation 10 

Mastery 10 all SS 10

Music 14 Famous Songs 10 Harpsichord 13 Lute 14 Notation 10 Violine 15 Voice 10

Negation 13 Negation Methods 13 Negation Phemes 8 Negation Spells 12 Theory of Negation 11

Plot 15 Coordination 11 Dedication 12 Flawless Timing 10 Reason 11

Raid 9 Navigation 12 Pure Luck 10 Tactics 8

Research 13 Cryptology 9 Filling 12 Library Knowledge 13

Revision 19 Revision Methods 13 Revision Phemes 14 Revision Spells 14 Theory of Revision 12

Rhetoric 13 (10) Character 10 Confidence 16 Famous Speeches 11 Passion 11

School Survival 10 Curiosity 10 Familiar Kinship 10 Social Skills 9 Study Habits 11 Test-Taking 10

Society 12 Awareness 14 Mineta Swagger 8 Persuation 11 Willpower 10

Zoology 11 Amphibians 11 Mammals 11 Worms 11

Will add single high SS later [/spoiler]

Familiar Miranda a Carnivorous Plant

Fitness 2 Finesse 1 Charm 2 Strength 1 Intelligence 4 Insight 6 Luck 1

Skills

Bond 8 all SS 8

Botany 8 all SS 8

Society 8 Awareness 8 Persuasion 9 Speaking Quietly in Riddles 8

War 3 Strategy 9

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My newest Morvidus Char managed to get the DLC 16 adventures he could do down to 10 by the end. (I think I used 2 or 3 of my public mini mods)

Also I think he should be able to join all College except Vernin and Aranaz in year 2.

(All values below are with equipment, emotions and other lasting buff)

Attribute

Fit 13 Fin 15 Cha 18 Str 8 Int 18 Ins 22 Luck 10

Class Skill(s)

Calligraphy 12 Forms 12 Illustration 11 Ink Compounds 10 Orthography 12 Study 10

Dialectic 11 Famous Dilemmas 11 First Principles 10 Logic 11 Sleuthing 12 Study 10

Music 14 Famous Songs 10 Harpsichord 12 Lute 13 Lyre 12 Notation 11 Violin 14 Voice 10 Study 10

Negation 20 Negation Methods 18 Negation Phemes 11 Negation Spells 16 Theory of Negation 15 Study 10

Revision 22 Revision Methods 13 Revision Phemes 14 Revision Spells 14 Theory of Revision 15 Study 10

Zoology 11 Birds 11 Fish 7 Insects 11 Mammals 11 Study 10

Arithmetic 1

Astrology 15 Comets 10 Moons 9 Planets 10 Stars 10 Theory of Astrology 11

Athletics 11 Archery 12 Competition 10 Running 11

Botany 9 Agriculture 9 Flowers 10 Seeds 9

Enchant 10 Magical Appraisal 11 Martial Knowledge 9 Palettes 10 Theory of Enchantment 10

Geometry 8 Astronomy 7 Famous Geometry Problems 7 Geometric Laws 7

Glamour 14 Glamour Methods 12 Glamour Phemes 11 Glamour Spells 12 Theory of Glamour 12  

Grammar 10 Famous Poetry 8 Semantics 8 Syntax 8

History 4 The History of Magic 9

Incantation 12 Incantation Methods 10 Incantation Phemes 9 Incantation Spells 8 Theory of Incantation 10

Rhetoric 12 Character 10 Confidence 15 Passion 12

Clique: Aaran Ledale 10, Ana Flavia Bessa 8 Cosetta Re 9 Emilia Picotti 10

Familiar Nancy Japes Race: Monkey Bond 10 Art 6 Compete 6 Society 8

Awesome stats!

These always make me think of the balance for later years. How much is reasonable and how much is overachieving. How to avoid turning the later years into simple walkthroughs, but still achievable for more relaxed players.

How many adventures did you finish?

Sorry I didn't count as alone in the last week I finished 5 or 6. Using Create Formal Invitation around every other Saturday after I got it to let Basia Rydz, Grainne and Rikildis use Adventures for me make it a bit difficult to keep an overview how many I actual finished.

The problem of this is also that I couldn't finish some of the (student) adventures I started what result that some students will be bad to talk about me next year. But the bigger problem is probably the expectations of the other students that my char help them in year 2 as well together with the lost time slot thanks to the Schohanwitch school. Also the character have to hope that his money is enough to open a library direct at Academagia or Schohanwitch because its probably impossible to transport all the books back home ^^.  

Archived