Black Chicken Studios Forums

I did it!

freespace2dotcom

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is interested in the mid term exam results of my current game here a LibreOffice table with all the results entered.

Sadly probably because of Hall Session Cante Caviti and Magsa Nembo missed Dialectic and Zoology while Ausdauer Mollers "only" missed Zoology! I entered a meagre 10 for all 5 missing entries.

If you wonder why I ended so low with Arithmetic the reason is that I only managed a study of 4 till the exam there.

Yes its a class skipping game with morning class Revision, History, Arithmetic and afternoon class Negation, Dialectic, Zoology

My scores for people not want to load the ods file:

History 90 (3rd best)

Dialectic 94 (best)

Negation 90 (best)

Revision 140 (best)

Zoology 127 (best)

Arithmetic 35 (bit over average)

I can't read your file at all. :(

All I get out of excel is machine code.

After reading a bit of this thread, is the way I too can be as awesome as Markus is by using the "Cleanse and Remake" spell; or is it through some other means (I understand class skipping at least, even if I've never used Cleanse and Remake)

Another question (perhaps two) did that many people really fail in your game? Edit: or is it just incomplete data?

Class skipping is absolut necessary as you get a lot of more time slot (keep in mind with the current unfixed DLC 16 you can skip afternoon class without problems but that also means you need to know how to train the skills of the afternoon class without class).

For be this good in Zoology you need Elegant Service (Apprenticeship: Page) to unlock 11 in 2 skill.

About Revision this high Skill is mostly from adventure rewards in form of items and passive abilities.

In the early game you need to get you study and attributes up with Cleans and Remake only as a kind of backup plan to train skills and get trough adventure early you otherwise don't manage.

Keep in mind your clique is really helpful not just for the the Clique Ability you get but also if they better then you they roll for exits in adventure and events.

With War 2 and Planing 2 you can get Insight and Inteligence boost early and some class especial magic one give you a attribute at study 10.

Ohh and don't forget I use some mods where some could be considered as minor cheat.

(Heritage background are flaws, Study Battles + History SS, Library of the Mantle and Stars -1 Astrology SS +1 Danger Sense SS, some extra skills spread for all class)

Heh, I know that class skipping gives a tremendous advantage. But keep in mind it's possible to do some crazy things without it, also, as seen by my opening of this thread. They're just *not as crazy* as schwazbart's chars. (and a few others)

Yeah. I'd just be happy if people couldn't do it ad infinitum without punishment.

The next thing we know, we'll hear of a student who graduated while not attending any class but the exams.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised here the full filled LibreOffice and Excel sheet of my Morvidus char Markus.

For the Excel sheet you have to change the B93 cell value to '1' at the total tab according to Freespace.

For the final Exam I used 2x time Pheme to get 1st place in History. Also because of Hall Session during midterm exam I entered 10 for Ausdauer Molleres in Zoology also for Cante Caviti and Magsa Nembo for both Zoology and Dialectic. Ohh and I intentional gave away first place in Arithmetic to show some "weakness" ;).

I think this is the first char I really can use for Morvidus, Aranaz, Vernin and Durand as in the past I didn't pay attention to the clique while this time only Godina and Hedi students are in the clique beside Markus.

Yes that means I have 10 Relationship with the 3 non Morvidus Regents but also the Legate.

Clique Member: Eduard Solov'ev 7, Katja Quinnecht 10, Miya Hikari 11, Neta Xemuture 9, Zoe Melis 7 and Zorzi Galea 6

Backgrounds used:

Astrology: The Comet +1 Luck

Heritage: Strozzan

Omen: Blood Moon +1 Fit

Family: Graverobbers +1 Int

Family: The Secret Heritage

Family: Wizards

History: Famous Campaigners *Ins

Station: Wealthy

Prodigy: Battle Born +1 Str

Prodigy: Center of Attention +1 Cha

Prodigy: Incantation

Prodigy: Life of Avarice +1 Fin

Friendships: Actually, Bitter Hatred

Apprenticeship: Page

Attributes: (including emotion from stress 0 and equipment)

Fitness 12

Finesse 14

Charm 11

Strength 8

Intelligence 18

Insight 14

Luck 9

Class Skills: (again including emotion from stress 0 and equipment)

Arithmetic 15 Application of Arithmetic 11 Identities of Arithmetic 11 Properties of Arithmetic 11 Theory of Arithmetic 10

Dialectic 11 Famous Dilemmas 11 First Principles 9 Logic 11 Sleuthing 12

History 12 Legacy of Many Towers 11 The Calamites 11 The Early Empire 11 The History of Magic 10 The Middle Empire 10

Negation 19 Negation Methods 18 Negation Phemes 12 Negation Spells 16 Theory of Negation 12

Revision 23 Revision Methods 14 Revision Phemes 16 Revision Spells 15 Theory of Revision 12

Zoology 12 Birds 11 Insects 11 Mammals 11

Not taken "class" skills: (again including emotion from stress 0 and equipment)

Astrology 15 Stars 11 The Edvard Equation 11 Theory of Astrology 11

Athletics 9 Archery 8 Competition 10 Running 11

Botany 11 Agriculture 10 Flowers 10 Seeds 10

Calligraphy 10 Forms 10 Illustration 10 Orthography 11

Enchant 12 Magical Appraisal 11 Martials Knowledge 10 Palettes 10 Theory of Enchantment 9

Geometry 4

Glamour 15 Glamour Methods 11 Glamour Spells 11 Theory of Glamour 11

Grammar 5 Famous Poetry 10

Incantation 13 Incantation Methods 11 Incantation Phemes 10 Incantation Spells 12 Theory of Incantation 11

Music 12 Harpsichord 12 Lute 13 Lyre 12 Violine 12 Voice 10

Rhetoric 10 Character 10 Confidence 15 Passion 9

Other skill =>10

Ambush 10 Danger Sense 20 Mimicry 11 Move Silently 9

Compete 10 Manipulation 10 Planning 14 Wit 12

Engineering 11 Architecture 11 Carpentry 10 Clockwork 10

Enspell 10 Concentration 12 Diction 10 Phemes 10

Explore 10 Animal Husbandry 13 Climb 10 Wilderness Survival 9

Gates 10 Gates Methods 10 Gates Phemes 10 Gates Spells 10 Theory of Gates 10

Malice 10 Dispassion 10 Gambling 11 Patience 13 Puzzles 10

Plot 14 Dedication 12 Flawless Timing 11 Reason 11

Raid 11 Navigation 12 Pure Luck 11 Tactics 11

Religion 11 Oratory 12 Piety 10 Theology 10

Research 15 Cryptology 11 Filing 10 Library Knowledge 11

Society 12 Awareness 12 Persuasion 11 Willpower 10

Spy 11 Hide 10 Lie 10 Lockpick 8

War 11 Famous Battles 10 Leadership 10 Logistics 10

Familiar: Dancer (Ferret)

Fitness:6

Finesse:3

Charm:4

Strength:4

Intelligence:3

Insight:5

Luck:2

Athletics 10 Competition 10 Running 10 Swimming 10

Blackmail 6 Journalism 6 Memorization 6 Observation 6

Bond 10 Bond of Iron 10 Bond of Silver 10 Bond of Stars 10

Enchant 10 Magical Appraisal 10 Material Knowledge 10 Theory of Enchantment 10

For anyone curious, revise the total sheet's cell B93 value to '1' in order to get it working for markus' sheet. This is a modified version of my gradebook, so keep that in mind if you use that yourself.

Also, I don't know why Ana Flavia is the Valedictorian candidate... Perhaps in the event of a tie the sheet uses alphabetical order.

Good job, but Courtenay de Surval managed to surpass you in Arithmetic? ;)

I'm very impressed. That's a big clique. Here's hoping you can hold it together in Y2.

I'm finished with editing the posting, have now also added all the skills that I think I should mention.

Freespace, sorry that is probably a problem from exporting the sheet from Excel to LibreOffice and then back to Excel as LibreOffice have problems with this checkboxes in the imported sheet. The LibreOffice sheet should work as it is without changes for the reader.

About Arithmetic only 2nd I decided its not worth it to waste a timeslot to go for place 1 also it hopeful reduce the number of enemies a bit in year 2.

Yea 2 students joined later that I actual didn't want in (Zorzi and Eduard) but I still managed to do all adventures for the students of the clique.

As promised here the full filled LibreOffice and Excel sheet of my Morvidus char Markus.

For the Excel sheet you have to change the B93 cell value to '1' at the total tab according to Freespace.

For the final Exam I used 2x time Pheme to get 1st place in History. Also because of Hall Session during midterm exam I entered 10 for Ausdauer Molleres in Zoology also for Cante Caviti and Magsa Nembo for both Zoology and Dialectic. Ohh and I intentional gave away first place in Arithmetic to show some "weakness" ;).

I think this is the first char I really can use for Morvidus, Aranaz, Vernin and Durand as in the past I didn't pay attention to the clique while this time only Godina and Hedi students are in the clique beside Markus.

Yes that means I have 10 Relationship with the 3 non Morvidus Regents but also the Legate.

Clique Member: Eduard Solov'ev 7, Katja Quinnecht 10, Miya Hikari 11, Neta Xemuture 9, Zoe Melis 7 and Zorzi Galea 6

Backgrounds used:

Astrology: The Comet +1 Luck

Heritage: Strozzan

Omen: Blood Moon +1 Fit

Family: Graverobbers +1 Int

Family: The Secret Heritage

Family: Wizards

History: Famous Campaigners *Ins

Station: Wealthy

Prodigy: Battle Born +1 Str

Prodigy: Center of Attention +1 Cha

Prodigy: Incantation

Prodigy: Life of Avarice +1 Fin

Friendships: Actually, Bitter Hatred

Apprenticeship: Page

Attributes: (including emotion from stress 0 and equipment)

Fitness 12

Finesse 14

Charm 11

Strength 8

Intelligence 18

Insight 14

Luck 9

Class Skills: (again including emotion from stress 0 and equipment)

Arithmetic 15 Application of Arithmetic 11 Identities of Arithmetic 11 Properties of Arithmetic 11 Theory of Arithmetic 10

Dialectic 11 Famous Dilemmas 11 First Principles 9 Logic 11 Sleuthing 12

History 12 Legacy of Many Towers 11 The Calamites 11 The Early Empire 11 The History of Magic 10 The Middle Empire 10

Negation 19 Negation Methods 18 Negation Phemes 12 Negation Spells 16 Theory of Negation 12

Revision 23 Revision Methods 14 Revision Phemes 16 Revision Spells 15 Theory of Revision 12

Zoology 12 Birds 11 Insects 11 Mammals 11

Not taken "class" skills: (again including emotion from stress 0 and equipment)

Astrology 15 Stars 11 The Edvard Equation 11 Theory of Astrology 11

Athletics 9 Archery 8 Competition 10 Running 11

Botany 11 Agriculture 10 Flowers 10 Seeds 10

Calligraphy 10 Forms 10 Illustration 10 Orthography 11

Enchant 12 Magical Appraisal 11 Martials Knowledge 10 Palettes 10 Theory of Enchantment 9

Geometry 4

Glamour 15 Glamour Methods 11 Glamour Spells 11 Theory of Glamour 11

Grammar 5 Famous Poetry 10

Incantation 13 Incantation Methods 11 Incantation Phemes 10 Incantation Spells 12 Theory of Incantation 11

Music 12 Harpsichord 12 Lute 13 Lyre 12 Violine 12 Voice 10

Rhetoric 10 Character 10 Confidence 15 Passion 9

Other skill =>10

Ambush 10 Danger Sense 20 Mimicry 11 Move Silently 9

Compete 10 Manipulation 10 Planning 14 Wit 12

Engineering 11 Architecture 11 Carpentry 10 Clockwork 10

Enspell 10 Concentration 12 Diction 10 Phemes 10

Explore 10 Animal Husbandry 13 Climb 10 Wilderness Survival 9

Gates 10 Gates Methods 10 Gates Phemes 10 Gates Spells 10 Theory of Gates 10

Malice 10 Dispassion 10 Gambling 11 Patience 13 Puzzles 10

Plot 14 Dedication 12 Flawless Timing 11 Reason 11

Raid 11 Navigation 12 Pure Luck 11 Tactics 11

Religion 11 Oratory 12 Piety 10 Theology 10

Research 15 Cryptology 11 Filing 10 Library Knowledge 11

Society 12 Awareness 12 Persuasion 11 Willpower 10

Spy 11 Hide 10 Lie 10 Lockpick 8

War 11 Famous Battles 10 Leadership 10 Logistics 10

Familiar: Dancer (Ferret)

Fitness:6

Finesse:3

Charm:4

Strength:4

Intelligence:3

Insight:5

Luck:2

Athletics 10 Competition 10 Running 10 Swimming 10

Blackmail 6 Journalism 6 Memorization 6 Observation 6

Bond 10 Bond of Iron 10 Bond of Silver 10 Bond of Stars 10

Enchant 10 Magical Appraisal 10 Material Knowledge 10 Theory of Enchantment 10

Not bad, No mastery? I guess we can't chase all the illicit arts all the time.

It's surprising that the only magic skill you taught your Ferret to 10 is Enchant when it's not even one of your Class subjects. Still, having an enchantment partner might be useful in the future.

Also, that Ferret Adventure is a strange one. Not sure if you did it.

Actual I tried to avoid to teach Dancer any direct form of magic, that why I also avoided to teach him Palettes.

Don't forget in year 1 your pet can't learn any Pheme also unless you buy / craft a wand for your pet it can't use any magic except for some innert magic.

Also I hope for less player char time consuming ways to train your pet in year 2.

For Mastery I think its even less interesting to learn then Gate when you never use the spells.

Where Gate give you some nice way of transportation from your background in year 2 I doubt there is anything similiar for mastery.

Beside I used nearly each week 1 time slot for Elegant Service to unlock level 11 skills over time and to get the 4x level 10 Relationship with the Regents / Legate at the end.

As an omni, I'm too fascinated by Mastery to just ignore it. There's a good chance that there are several subsets that are worth looking into, and there are bound to be a lot more spells and phemes that are flexible enough to use with multiple pillars, especially compared to Gates.

I will say that training a familiar in magic skills up to 10 are sure to be useful simply because it increases your own skill level by half. So It's worth it... If you have the time.

Also.... One of my characters trained the Hawk extensively and I took it into duel and it was smiting my enemies with attack spells I had to cast and phemes I had it draw..... In my imagination I imagine it used it's beak to draw the runes..... It's probably what makes the most sense. It's fairly stiff and birds got excellent motorskills for moving their head and beak with precission....

Also, I heard it might be possible to enchant your hands to work as an emergency wand but it would be a lot harder to use your hands I think it was said. Maybe it had enchanted it's beak or maybe that Exotic familiar had an enchanted beak or a wandholster hidden under it's wings....

Or maybe it's just an error with the Year 1 engine. My Familiar was said to learn phemes when I leveled up skills and it had phemes during the duel corresponding with it's skills. I just had to check my sheet of phemes and spells to use, the game shoudl have an in-game reference we shouldn't requier a RL textbook of phemes and spells :P

I remember using the Stonefist spell extensively. Think it came from Revision? It had a stun component but I don't know if stun actually works on the oponent in Year 1, they just seemed to keep attacking all the same.

We can't read all the Familairs info and stats in Year 1 unfortunately, like it's Vitality forexample. It's probably disabled in Year 1 or simply not showing.

As for mastery, I kind of agree with Free, it has quite a few interesting phemes. To be a complete Wizard in the old traditional sense, like the greatest wizards of old, then you need a broader understanding of all magic and all pillars.

I think it's your own responsibility to not do crasy shit with your magic, and not the magic itself or the phemes. I can understand the argument that if you don't know any of that "bad" stuff, then you wont fall victim to the temptation. But at the same time you're limiting your own potential.

If possible in Year 2, I would like the Familiar to be able to create it's own little twigwand, or have the PC make one and a hidden wand holster under the wing seems perfect for the Hawk. Maybe Owl too.

Also, exploring the Wizard familiar bond seems like it could be a cool skill set and perhaps even an adventure.

Probably Right Hand of Destruction, it's an Incantation spell.

That's probably it, and incantation spell with a Revision Pheme, I think it's what they call a composite spell. Organism pheme, Chirurgery, Botany, Revision. Also taught at higherlevel Incantation. But it's clearly not the incantation type of Pheme. Least imo...

I'm sure there might be interesting spells that might use a Mastery or even Gates spell as a composite addition. It's just that it will probably be harder to find them due to the ban.

Wow there I thought I have a great result in the over all skills my character has especial all potential class skills except 2-3 and now people complain how weak my familiar is and that I didn't learn mastery :blink:.

That make me wonder what you people do to have better results and make me feel like I'm even skip to few class :o.​

Wow there I thought I have a great result in the over all skills my character has especial all potential class skills except 2-3 and now people complain how weak my familiar is and that I didn't learn mastery :blink:.

That make me wonder what you people do to have better results and make me feel like I'm even skip to few class :o.​

You did well, you're surpassing all other students in your class in most areas. I bet they've barely touched their familiar if at all. The Bond is rather easy to max out if you got Zoology like your character does. Just throw in familiars gift spell that increases the familiars stats (if you like one day) then the next Curse of the Branding Iron(which has a massive stats boost and if your Bond of Iron is at 0 then it costs you nothing at all., followed by Improved familiar handling, Train familiar, Or train at the Locratian garden.

Using controlled NPC's to initiate your Adventures was also a nice touch, Noone is even upset if you send them a formal invitation to help you with their adventures, just pickup the Caligraphy skill and items early on. That way you didn't use Mastery and it won't cause issues in later years if that's tracked and remembered, and the students don't get upset, that's worth something at least..

Tbh, I don't think we will need to be Super Super to have a great time, it might actually make things seem too easy in Year 2. Pushing out almost impossible performance and timeslot efficiency becommes a more extreme science the more you replay the game... I think I need Year 2 badly :P

I think my latest Characters start to sound like extreme (mostly male type) Versions of Zoe Mellis, where they try to do everything with the greatest efficiency. They probably need a summer break after this, lets see if they can manage to enjoy the summer without too much worrying about Year 2 school stuff :P Maybe Academagia should include a "happiness" stat aswell as a vitality and Stress one..... Might be annoying though. Or maybe too hardcore :D To actually simulate your characters mental sanity and health. Then again, they might be enjoying learning stuff immensely and surpassing their peers at every challenge.

Archived