Black Chicken Studios Forums

Soooooo.... 2015....?

ronikai

I for one am deciding to tempt fate by planning on 2016. (That way I can still be pleasantly surprised if it comes out earlier.)

The way things are going we will probably see Armageddon before Y5, but we can hope...

The best thing about steam is that it would bring some more exposure on a large marketplace.

The gaming market isn't something I know that well though.

Academagia is my favourite so far. It feels very openended as a game. Your character is pretty much whoever you decide he/she is, and there are a lot of options for what you can do in the game.

It's definitely not that easy, especially for Achievements, but Scheherazade will go up first. Then, Academagia Y1. :)

Do you know if you have to go trough Greenlight again with Academagia or if you can bring it direct to Steam?

I personal would ask about this and if Academagia also require Greenlight I would start it now so you maybe already can make the necessary changes together with DLC 17.

Do you know if you have to go trough Greenlight again with Academagia or if you can bring it direct to Steam?

I personal would ask about this and if Academagia also require Greenlight I would start it now so you maybe already can make the necessary changes together with DLC 17.

That might depend on the sucess of the first project, added to steam, but I'm not an expert, just guessing.

Sweet god, if you get Academagia to steam,... will there be achievements do you think?

Achivement unlocked; "Hoodoo Youdoo" - You managed to use mastery on all your cliquemates and through that boosted their exam-skills to 10.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK" - Get your singing to 10, have the 'Happy' buff and 'find' an ironwood branch.

(I am shamed, I really couldn't recall if there ever was a bit of tree-felling in Academagia, but I recently reheard the song and it really ought to be an achivement. Also if anyone here plays EU4, check the 1.9 Canada ideas :P )

"Eventual success!": Learned how to play the game.

Honestly I expect a lot of instances of people not having the patience to learn how to play the game. Admittedly that's because "bang your head against a wall until you break it as opposed to your skull" isn't exactly a fun learning process, but still. Without a much more in-depth and hand-holdy tutorial than this I imagine most people on Steam would be completely lost, lose patience and give up. If anyone has a large collection of much shinier-looking baubles to poke at instead...

I think it took 3-4 playthroughs before I got used to how the game really worked and maybe 10 to be pretty good. Given that the game requires an investment in time to understand the seting and story decently, I figure you might need a month or more to "properly" enjoy the game. that's an investment that not everybody wants to give.

Of course in the long run it's worth it.

It took me two years to figure out how to play the game. Mostly because on my old computer the screen was magnified, and I thought "Oh, this is a big game", and I couldn't click skills properly, or check my points and I just frustratingly gave up. Then, like, a year later I went back, found out to zoom out, and then I needed to jump the "What... What...?" Hurdle of the game. Then I hit the "Stats?" Wall, until finally tumbling down the "I ONLY FAILED ONE EXAM!" Victory parade. Now all of my characters are horrifyingly OP and I am obsessed with the game

Archived