Black Chicken Studios Forums

I had a dream...

freespace2dotcom

...Where I found out that Dragons originally had their on home, but they lost it due to contact with... Unpleasant planar eldritch-style beings... That ultimately started corrupting them magically, forcing them to flee.

Their queen, a powerful pearlite (crystal) dragon fought in the last battle for their homeworld and lost her "skin" (true form) due to this corruption and had to take on the form of a human, turning the "skin" into an amulet for the purposes of using magic. At this point the uncorrupted ones all fled haphazardly away from their home, and gradually found others of their kind who also fled into the planar wilderness, so to speak, where they became bitter and sorely jaded over generations of nomadic lifestyle.

Not sure what happened after that, but I like to fill in that somehow one of those eldritch beings found them, which the queen single-handedly killed in a legendary fight, but in doing so, her amulet became so corrupted it could no longer be used. The strongest dragons at the time, born after the Dragon's own exile and having nothing but contempt at having such a lesser creature lead them, manipulated the whole of their society to abandon their now powerless queen, which only served to bring them all closer to depravity, turning them into metaphorical giant locusts that would visit a world, take what they wanted because nothing could stop them, and leave it in ruins.

Their queen, now deposed and powerless, was exiled (rather than worse) because the few remaining old dragons knew of her original power and respected her even powerless. Her "skin" was "held" for "safekeeping" if you catch my drift. As other dragons found that they could use the amulet to increase their power without them being corrupted, but... It lead them all to ruin as the eldritch beings quickly found them. There was some fighting, a lot of cursing, and a rediculous amount of running. The amulet was lost, and the dragins regrouped to a place that was full of people that looked as their now exiled missing and powerless queen did....

I imagine that the queen herself was a noble being, as a remnant of their civilization in its own golden age. I also imagine that she managed to reclaim her amulet after she heard of the battle, and a few of her journals and fled in order to find a way to undo the corruption.

I admit it's a bit cliche, but in a good way... I think. :)

If the team put any thought into a background for the Dragons ("if", he says...) I imagine that it's not as simple as "Evil Dragons showed up doin' evil cuz' they evil". Heck, the Dragons themselves might not even know their own history. And if they don't I assume they don't care to find out.

If nothing else it certainly sounds more dramatic than my last Academagia-set dream, which involved an elephant dressed like Napoleon called The Admiral taking charge of the Minetan military to defend it from an invading force of sabre-toothed tigers. And in case that doesn't tell you enough about how weird it was, The Admiral's personal weapon was a trumpet. With which he blared his enemies to death. In the middle of a heated battle between the Minetan military and the sabre-toothed tigers.

Now a simple explanation could be that the dragons left their homeworld to a new discovered habitable planet because of overpopulation.

Or they were escaped prisoners from a prison on the Dragons homeworld ;)

It would explain why all of them seemed to be more or less bad people.

Now a simple explanation could be that the dragons left their homeworld to a new discovered habitable planet because of overpopulation.

I am sure of only one thing

The dragons in game would love to tell you that, and that the one who is telling you such a story has a glamoured halo over its head while crying crocodile (dragon?) tears, saying he has a toothache way in the back of his mouth, and would you please step into his mouth and help pull the tooth out? :)

Honestly the only Dragon that I might - might - believe on his word is Stryker. Beyond that, well, I could try Sync to determine if they're telling the truth, but if I remember the Lores right the last guy that tried anything resembling that had Bad Things happen to him (directly and indirectly), so...yeah.

Funny the first question that came on my mind reading you dream is why the Dragon Queen transformed into a human ? I guess the Dragons did not encounter any human yet in your story but somehow the corrupted Queen transformed into a human ? That leads to a lot of question in the relations between Dragon-human-planars .

For Metis the Legate did say that the Dragon where the "demon" of Elumnian universe and the Saints the "angels" in a question on what was the demon/angel equivalent in Elumnia. Make that what you want.

I don't know if there were humans or not. perhaps yes, perhaps no. My mind did not focus on that as I was dreaming. :(

But my brain is a human brain so that may have had at least some small part in how that happened, ;)

Archived