Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia - after year 2?

Heksefatter

Hiya,

I know this is an extremely optimistic thing to bring up, but I have enjoyed playing Academagia very much recently, discovering all kinds of stuff there is to do. And I know that a Year 2 is being worked on, but that it has been delayed.

That said, I can't help but being curious: Is there any real plan to implement years AFTER year 2? Yes, I know everyone would like it, but is it something that's ever liable to happen? Because I think that once the engine for one future year (ie. year 2) has been designed, it would be much easier to design the years after that?

Also, I can't help being interested in the future of my super-ambitious little brats. Would be awesome to one day see a "what happens after Academagia" epilogue.

Thoughts?

Yes the team always wanted to release a game for each years until the graduation at the end of year 5.

As for when we might play those games well if you were nice in your life and went to heaven you have all eternity ahead for it. :)

Haha! The plot goes to Year 5, and they've certainly planned mechanics for that point as well.

Now if we can just release Y2... ;)

And oh! Free's old signature: the shame and degradation.

If it is any motivation, I'll buy Year 2 as soon as it is out. Yessir!

We have to finish our studies at the Academy first for us to continue on past that. :) though I think the only way to get all the different characters with different motivations into the same continuation logically would be for them to be put into a great war with the dragons, and all magic users were needed and conscripted and/or commisioned into the military.

Oh, snap! Just spoiled that story for myself, lol.

Indeed. But with how potent magic is in setting, I'm sure that Revision and Negation sees more than a bit of frontline use, to say nothing of healing and such.

Truth be told even Glamour if used just right, could absolutely change the course of a battle.

Though a game robust enough to take all chars from Y5 would certainly have lots of roles to full outside of the main traditional fighting. I could definately see the imported character getting stuck in a ragtag band of misfits, who do various things from crazy suicide recon missions behind enemy lines to trying to find the important noble's cat sealed in a book in a library before the town it's in is overrun. The regulars can't afford to risk their guys on such matters of grave importance, it's all up to YOU!

Or so I like to imagine.

Fair points, but the entire idea is just...eh. Been there, done that pretty much. It'd be a shame to have the Dragons just sit on the other side of the Wall playing poker the entire time, but if there's a way I'd prefer that mess to be a human affair.

Yeah, it does seem a bit cliche, but then I spent all of 10 minutes thinking it up. I'm sure that if a continuation of academagia does happen, there will be a lot of twists and turns even if the basic premise is fairly simple so as to work with all the range of imported characters.

Enchantment seems important aswell, it allows you to create artefacts that empowers people, and it's usualy fairly long lasting.

The Point of the wall was that it powered of the guards and watchers to help them hold back any attacks or attempts to get past the wall. The wall strengthened Briardi when fighting a dragon and that made the dragon turn away because it knew it was a potent mix of an Academy professor and a gigantic enchanted artefact that empowered her further.

Also, we don't know what other effects or abilities the wall might have had in a prolonged battle.

Also true, but I still prefer major conflict to strictly remain a human affair and there's plenty of opportunity for (civil) wars if the right people pull the right strings.

As long as the stories are good and we can play around with the events it's all good and fun. Just as long as there is a game left to play ;)

Archived