Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Metis

Random Student Events Extravaganza (Y1 - Help wanted!)

47 posts in this topic

Added. Had to change a few things, none the least of which was SFiHP because 1.0.0 .amo and all, but I added it. Dropbox link is updating...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a short one with just 2 options as it is late and I'm lacking in imagination today...

 

 

 

RE 2. Rival views

While walking across the courtyard outside the revision classroom you almost trip over Cordelia Troublepot and Louise Kandinsky arguing. That’s not somewhat surprising, not because they get on, almost nobody gets on with Louise whose moods range from grouchy to bad, but because neither of them tend to talk much – at least to people, Louise talks to her familiar constantly, and Cordelia talks to herself.

So somewhat intrigued to see what the two odd-balls are arguing about you listen to what they are saying.

“Don’t be ridiculous” says Louise, her voice so low she is almost snarling, “engineering is a waste of time, anything a craftsman can make with skill a revisionist can make, and in a fraction of the time. Revision magic can enact any change your mind is strong enough to imagine, even the greatest craftsman is limited by the materials and time that they have.”

Cordelia, her face surprisingly red and clearly quite angry retorts “for how long? Even the best spells fade over time, a well-made bridge can last for centuries! And a craftsman with a lathe can continue turning out tools long after a mage would be exhausted!”

Ah, of course. The one thing (aside from her familiar) which Louise seems to care about is revision magic, she practices it all the time, even on herself! Cordelia on the other hand is always fiddling with this gizmo or that and spends most of her free time in the forge making things.

Spotting you Louise growls, “Ok, we don’t agree, [PC name] what do you think? Making and shaping things with craft or with magic, which is better?”

Option 1. Consider what you know of Engineering using revison [Engineering v 4]

Success: It’s a tough choice, with engineering skill you can build any structure given time, tools and materials like you say Cordelia, but Louise is right too, revision can do stonework far more finely than any craftsman and in the short term make anything from anything. I think that the best answer is however that without proper understanding of engineering principles, no revised structure can stand strongly; while without revision no engineered structure can overcome the limitations of its construction. Using both skills together allows true wonders to be built, stonework shaped more finely than any chisel could make, but the revision spells used to manipulate materials rather than transmute them so that when the magic fades the material remains, merely shaped into a new form.

Your answer seems to please Cordelia well enough, it’s hard to tell with Louise, but as she stomps off she doesn’t actively say anything disparaging which with her counts as a success.

+1 relationship Cordelia Troublepot, end RE

Failure: Hmm, revisions is all well and good, but only a mage can cast spells, so the bulk of the population will always need to rely on engineering. And like Cordelia says, even the best spells fade, so if you want something to last you really need to use engineering solutions.

Cordelia smiles, but Louise stomps off muttering about “fools who wouldn’t know magic if it bit them” so you figure she wasn’t too pleased with your answer.

-1 relationship Louise Kandinsky, end RE

Option 2. Revision methods

Success: Revision is certainly impressive Louise, a good revision can make the hardest stone as easy to work as putty, or build scaffolding from straw that will hold a hundredweight; but Cordelia has a point too, without any understanding of engineering a building made purely from revision would fall when the magic failed, or take so much magic to raise in the first place that it couldn’t be done at all. A true master craftsman needs to know about how something can work without magic, to know where best to use magic to overcome the limitations of matter and at the same time make best use of the matter to be sparing in their use of magic. The best bridges aren’t built with engineering or revision, they are built with both, to be both functional and beautiful, easy to build but eternally strong.

+1 relationship Louise Kandinsky, end RE

Failure: “Engineering? Really Cordelia?” You shake your head “the Academagia is the school for mages, built at the heart of the empire because mages were the key to the empire’s strength. The engineer’s guild had to build their hall in a bridge over the high road as they couldn’t get land otherwise!” Louise’s less-grumpy-than-usual looks leads you to continue “Revision is limited only by its caster’s imagination, a good spell can be maintained to last for as long as you need it – why be limited by stone, steel and wood when you can work in crystal?

Cordelia shakes her head “typical mage, you think you know everything about magic and yet you know nothing of the real world right under your nose!” She walks off obviously in a huff but Louise looks happy with you.

+1 relationship Louise Kandinsky, end RE.

 

 

 

It really should have a 3rd option but too tired to think of one, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a look at it tomorrow because if I try to start thinking of ideas at 1:20 AM the end result might not be pretty...

 

EDIT: Added it, along with a third and fourth option...though I make no promises that they're good options by any definition of the word.

Edited by Metis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a look at it tomorrow because if I try to start thinking of ideas at 1:20 AM the end result might not be pretty...

 

EDIT: Added it, along with a third and fourth option...though I make no promises that they're good options by any definition of the word.

 

Thanks Metis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another addition of my own, Random Event Student - Magsa 2:

 

Just as you're about to leave your room and head for the day's first classes you hear a knock on your door. "Letter for [Character]Character/Self," a male voice calls out. You open the door and stare curiously at the courier, a plain-looking adolescent wearing a short iron necklace depicting the boots of Iasos the Traveller. Before you can say anything the man practically shoves the letter into your hands. "Correspondence from your brother," he hastily says, and completely ignoring the confused expression on your face he turns around and runs off without another word said.

You've heard that you get what you pay for, but really now.

Shaking your head you look over the letter. It's indeed addressed to...actually no, that's the return address. It's actually addressed to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Magsa Nembo, and apparently the return address is your dorm room. Is this some manner of prank? You can't think of a better explanation, but last you checked Magsa wasn't all that much into pulling pranks. And as far as pranks go this is a weird one, anyhow. Are you supposed to open the letter and find it's full of sleeping powder or something? The letter is sealed, why would you open someone else's sealed letters rather than ask why you're apparently the person who send it? Does Magsa or someone else think you're just that curious? Is this a prank directed at Magsa and you're supposed to deliver this trapped letter? But than why even bother with the courier-you know what, forget it. You've got this letter, Gods knows why, so it's time to do something with it. But what?

Give the letter to Magsa.

Oh...whatever. You'll be passing by the Negation classroom today either which way, so you can just hand it off on your way to class. Which should be right now because you're going to be late if you keep standing around here like this!

A bit of frantic running through the hallways later you stop in front of the Negation classroom and call out to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Magsa Nembo, who's waiting along with the others for the professor to arrive. "You needed me?" he asks with an innocent and carefree tone as he worms his way past several students and up to you. A genuinely innocent and carefree tone, you should note.

"Some idiot just delivered this to my dorm room," you say as you hold out the letter. "I don't suppose you know why some random person would think that I'm you're brother? And why we'd correspond while we're both living in the Academagia's dorms, for that matter?"

Magsa looks confused as he takes the letter from you. He quickly looks it over, but he doesn't show any signs of recognition. "I, eh, I don't know," he says a bit sheepishly. "Still, thanks for giving this to me. No idea why your dorm room would be listed as the return address, though."

You shrug, not feeling especially interested. The letter is out of your hands and Magsa clearly doesn't know anything about this, so as far as you're concerned your job is done.
--- -1 Curiosity, +1 Social Skills ---

 

Open the letter and read it.

It might not be addressed to you, but it was delivered to you, and your dorm room is listed as the return address. As far as you're concerned you've got equal rights to reading this letter as Magsa does, and if he disagrees with that, well, maybe he should have hired a better courier. And not have your dorm room be the return address, while he was at it.

Checking the time to make sure you don't have to rush for class you close your dorm door, sit down on your bed and rip open the seal. Inside the envelope you find just a single scrap of parchment, with a single word written on it. "Explodify".

...You've made a terrible mistake, haven't you?

You toss the scrap of parchment away and quickly duck off your bed, landing rather painfully on your elbow in the process, hoping that it'll shield your from the inevitable explosion. The inevitable explosion that's taking it's sweet time to actually happen. You wait around, quietly rubbing your sore elbow, for a solid twenty seconds and nothing happens. Looking up at your bed you see your Familiar lazily looking at the scrap of parchment, giving it the odd eye but otherwise seeming thoroughly unimpressed.

"How would you have responded to seeing a random scrap of parchment with 'Explodify' on it?"

You Familiar lazily looks in your direction and answers your question by picking up the parchment and casually tossing it into your trash bin. Once again, nothing happens. You conclude that clearly this is some sort of scare prank that, much to your chagrin, worked like a charm, so without further delay you grab your things and head off to class.
--- +1 Danger Sense, -1 Vitality ---

Bit of a weird event I have to say, but I kinda like how it just leaves you guessing as to what that was all about. That was indeed what I was going for, Magsa being one of the Triplets and all. Who knows when those three are involved?

 

No updated dropbox link yet, BTW, because I'm in the middle of working on Irene's second event. It is, as they say, a doozy. And Legate, I don't know when this cosmic deadline is coming, but a word of warning of when it comes before it does would be appreciated.

 

EDIT: Speaking of which, RE Irene 2:

 

You're walking towards the Admiratio to do some quick, unexpected shopping when you run into a bit of a crowd gathered in one of the parks. You don't know what's going on, but you do see [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina staring at the spectacle with a mixture of hatred and disgust, so you ask her what's going on.

"Just look!" she says while pointing towards the crowd. It takes a bit of doing for you to get a good look at it, but when you finally find something to stand on you can see what's attracting all the attention. A trio of satyrs dressed in pretty fine clothes even by human standards are dancing, playing an instrument and honestly looking like they're having a good time. Street entertainers aren't an uncommon sight, but that they're satyrs is a little more rare. At least in this part of Mineta. The music they're playing sounds perfectly wholesome, too. A more upbeat rendition of a classical piece, even, if you're catching the melody correctly.

"I don't see what's so unholy about this, Irene..." you say to her as you notice that she's walked up next to you.

"Can't you see a Glamour when you're looking at one? Those three aren't just regular entertainers, they're enchanting people!"

"That's not illegal if they're not forcing people to do anything against their own will. Especially if they're just making sure that everyone in the crowd can hear them properly."

"Are they?" Irene asks, and she actually points towards the three. "Go see for yourself if they're really so innocent."

You've kinda got things to do...

"I'm afraid I'm on a bit of a tight schedule right now, actually..."

[Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina glares at you, and after a moment she dismisses you. "Fine, I'll solve this problem myself," she says as she walks towards the satyrs.

You're still not sure if there's a problem here that needs solving, but whatever. You've got business to attend to.
--- -1 Relationship with Irene ---

 

Go walk into the crowd.

With a shrug you jump back down onto the ground and start working your way through the crowd. It's a pretty small crowd, but one that's surprisingly dense all things considered, so it actually takes some effort to push your way past several people who are apparently intently listening to the music. Music that, you'll note, is not forcing you to dance, as satyr music sometimes does. Although the closer you get the more...intense the music gets. Not that it gets louder, but you're drawn into it more. Maybe [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina was right after all?

When you finally get to the front of the crowd you can see the satyrs up close, and they look exactly like they did before. Only the music that they're playing seems to have a strange effect on you, now that you're so close. It's like you can see the notes they're playing ripple the air around them, creating a strange sensation that's drawing you in. Not that it's keeping you here, you can feel that if you were so inclined you could just turn around and leave, but the strange feeling you get from hearing their music convinces you to stay. It's something new, something you've never experienced before, and you kind of want to bask in the glory of it for a bit...

"Is that what it's like when a human feels the spirits of the wild?"

Briefly startled out of your enjoyment of the music you look around for where the voice came from, and looking below the trio of satyrs, who are standing on some manner of make-shift podium, you see a boy around your age suddenly dance up to you. You're honestly not sure what to make of this person, especially now that you can see him up close. You had thought that he was just some local boy that decided to start dancing to the music, likely to the chagrin of his enchanted parents, but looking closer you're not so sure anymore. The boy actually continues to dance where you've got a good view of him, giving you a good chance to look at his various features. Loose and somewhat long hair, cut at shoulder length, a bright glint in both of his eyes, the calm and relaxed expression of someone who's done this dozens of times before...at first nothing stands out, just a regular human that's apparently working with a group of satyrs. But as you look closer you notice that some things about the boy looks off. The glint in his eyes seems unnatural, and after looking at the satyrs for reference (who's eyes, you notice, do not have this glint) it almost gives the boy a wild, fay-ish look. As you continue to observe the boy's dace, you notice that his feet seem off. Like they're part feet, part hooves, or whatever satyr feet are called. Whoever made this boy's shoes must have custom made them, and made them well, because despite the somewhat odd soles the boy seems to be able to dance on his feet like he was born to do so. All things considered he very well might have been...

As the boy's dance reaches a certain point along with the music he actually dances his way back to you and repeats his earlier question, and he actually stops his dance when he asks that question again. At first you think it's because he's tired and needs to catch his breath, but he doesn't look tired at all. A bit sweaty, but not at all tired. As for answering his question, well, you look at the satyrs and take in their music for a second. For as long as you've been listening to it, and you honestly have no idea how long that is, you definitely feel different now than you've ever have listening to any human minstrel. So you nod. You say that this is what it must feel like when a human feels the spirits of the wild. Not that you're entire sure what that means. As far as you've heard satyr spirits of the wild apparently have something to do with humans being compelled to dance when hearing the famously bewitching satyr music, and no one other than the boy is dancing here. But you assume that the boy knows better than you in this regard.

The boy stares into your eyes with a look that you can't describe. And with a warm, welcoming smile he says "If it's not too much to ask, then," before holding out his hand. "May I have this dance?"
--- Lock above option, unlock below options (as is appropriate), try again ---

 

Refuse - you've spend enough time here.

You shake your head and apologize, blurting out something about shopping trips and business sprees. Hey, at least one of those still makes sense! The boy shrugs, clearly not offended, but before either of you can do anything you're suddenly pulled back by someone. A second later [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina steps in front of you, glare and wand aimed at the boy, and she demands to know what manner of charm he cast on you. The boy, hand still outstretched, playfully runs a finger along Irene's wand in the most...curious fashion possible before gently stroking her hand. Irene quickly pulls her hand back, although you note that she completely forgets to use her wand. If she ever intended to do so in the first place.

"None," the boy calmly says with a smile that honestly makes you wonder whether he's trying to diffuse the situation or trying to seduce Irene. You're going to assume the former, because you don't want even to think about it being the latter considering that it looks like it's working.

"W-well, I-I guess this music-I mean, I guess this music is to blame, so, eh, don't try casting any more music on my friend here!" Irene blurts out. The boy just smiles and politely nods, although you're absolutely sure that looking past his cheer and into his eyes you see a hint of something else. Not something malevolent, but something other than revelry, and you're curious.

"Sorry, but, could I ask for your name?" The boy nods and gives you his name: Marcell Chalutier. Of course before you get the chance to investigate further Irene grabs you by the robe and drags you out of the crowd, until you're both outside the park entirely. "I told you those three-four, those four were up to something!" Irene yells into your face.

"Eh, yeah, they were playing music and dancing to said music."

Irene frowns. "Don't be tricked so easily, [Character]Character/Self, that boy could have easily picked your pockets or done all manner of bad things while he was inviting you to dance!"

"In front of an entire crowd of people?" you ask a bit perplexed.

"Yes, in front of that entire crowd. You may have noticed how no one else even acknowledged us while I was dragging you to safety? That's what I'm talking about! I'm not saying all street entertainers are criminals but some of them are more shady than others, and you need to be more careful!"

You motion to Irene to quiet down, and after a short lecture on the dangers of listening to street performers...in the middle of Mineta...in broad daylight...in front of an entire crowd of people...Irene lets you go while she stays behind to "warn anyone else" in case other Academagia students show up. Not quite how you expecting this shopping trip to go, but any encounter you can walk away from, you suppose.

All the same, you wonder if you'll end up seeing that boy again...
--- +1 Danger Sense ---

 

Not the dancing partner of your dreams, admittedly, but you're in a mood to dance. (Female PC)

"Sure," you say with a playful grin as you take the boy's hand and play along with his little show. He gently takes it, slowly pulls you from the front of the crowd, and while you take another look at the boy up close he places his other hand on your waist, like a gentleman dancer should. You'll freely admit, you were not expecting this boy to actually know how to formally invite a proper lady to a dance...if you could be called such. The crowd staring at the two of you is making you nervous all the same, though, and as you nervously glance at how many people are poised to start laughing at you if you suddenly develop two left feel the boy actually squeezes your hand a bit, just enough to get your attention.

"Don't mind the crowd, mon partenaire de danse," the boy says with his usual cheerful tone that, despite the random Merilien out of freaking nowhere, doesn't sound anywhere near as pretentious as one would expect. "Just listen to the music, and let the spirits show you how to dance."

You'd ordinarily slap someone if they seriously told you to let "the spirits" show you how to do anything, but with this music you actually understand what he's talking about. You nod a bit nervously, lock your gaze on the boy, and slowly start moving to the music, trusting the boy not to step on your feet...and hoping that you, in turn, won't do the same. It takes a bit of trial and error to find a proper rhythm, but embarrassingly enough that's actually a problem on your end - the boy seems incredibly adept at improvising and reacting to a dancing partner he's not used to. Still, the satyrs playing the music helpfully slow down, presumably for your benefit, and slowly but surely you're able to dance with the boy. As you get more and more into it the music gradually speeds up, and eventually the boy and you go from this slow and basic waltz (you...think the proper term is) to something a little more active and energetic. Soon you're happily spinning in circles, moving around in seemingly random patterns while catching the boy's hand every time you pass each other, until eventually you end up tripping over your feet and landing right into the boy's arms. Apparently that was part of the dance, although you didn't realize it until after you were standing back up again. Looking at the boy's face you can tell that he's not tired or surprised in the slightest. Clearly you're not his first dancing partner, but you like to believe that you're one of the better ones he's danced with.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that!?" [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina suddenly shouts from the front of the crowd, who you notice seems to be impressed with the display themselves. If less vocal about that fact.

You look at Irene, still catching your breath a bit from that dance, and shrug. "Something about wild spirits and satyr music. It's really not that bad when you're not compelled to dance."

"And rest assured, that's something we've learned a long time ago," the boy adds while pointing to the other three satyrs, who are still playing music like nothing else is happening.

Irene glares at the boy with fire in her eyes, for whatever reason, grabs you by your robe and starts pulling you into the crowd. Though you motion to her to stop long enough for you to turn around and ask the boy, "So, just out of curiosity, how do I rate on your list of dancing partners?"

"Truth be told, human, you're the first of your kind that I've danced with that could hear the rhythm of the spirits. And I must thank you for that."

Not the answer, or compliment, that you were expecting. You'll gladly take both, though. "You're welcome, and my name is [Character]Character/Self."

The boy nods. "Marcell Chalutier. Here's to hoping that we'll meet again."

You nod and get to take one step before Irene resumes dragging you out of the crowd. Once you're finally far away enough she lets go and glares at you with a disapproving frown. "If you want the pretty boy for yourself you're more than welcome to him, Irene, I only wanted to see him dance."

Irene's glare intensifies until she's glaring at you so hard you're pretty sure her eyes are going to pop out of their respective sockets. "Not. At all. What I'm talking about, [Character]Character/Self! Can't you see an obvious con artist or pickpocket or...whatever when they literally catch you in their arms!?"

You reach into a pocket and pull out a small pouch of Pims that you prepared for today's shopping trip. "You think I haven't learned to watch for pickpockets yet? I've tied this thing to the inside of my robe - with my wand, I'll add - and I made sure to keep a close eye on both of his hands. He didn't try to rob me at any point, Irene, I'd have noticed if he did."

Irene actually looks a bit surprised. "Huh? I mean, good! That's what you should do rather than be enchanted by some random street performers until you can't tell your money pouch from your robe anymore."

You shrug, not really seeing or caring about Irene's stick when it comes to those four, and with a final few "pointers" she leaves and vows to protect all others that she can from the group of satyrs. You, meanwhile, take one last look at the group and wonder if you'll ever see Marcell again...
--- +1 Dance ---

 

Dance with the pretty boy. (Female PC)

You silently nod and carefully place you hand in his. He gently takes it, slowly pulls you from the front of the crowd like the ground below you suddenly turned into air, and while you feel your heart pound in your chest a bit the boy places his other hand on your waist, like a gentleman dancer should. You'll freely admit, you were not expecting this boy to actually know how to formally invite a, eh, proper lady to a dance...and it's making you so nervous that you seem to have lost control of your legs. And arms. And, really, practically every other muscle you'd normally need to dance. The crowd isn't helping one bit, and as you nervously glance at how many people are poised to start laughing at you the boy actually squeezes your hand a bit, just enough to get your attention.

"Don't mind the crowd, mon partenaire de danse," the boy says with a gentle tone that, despite the random Merilien out of freaking nowhere, doesn't sound anywhere near as pretentious as one would expect. "Just listen to the music, and let the spirits show you how to dance."

You'd ordinarily have to slap someone if they seriously told you to let "the spirits" show you how to do anything, but with this music you actually understand what he's talking about. You let out a nervous sigh, close your eyes and slowly start moving to the music, trusting the boy not to step on your feet...and hoping that you, in turn, won't do the same. It takes a bit of trial and error to find a proper rhythm, but embarrassingly enough that's actually a problem on your end - the boy seems incredibly adept at improvising and reacting to a dancing partner he's not used to...which is a fact that, you'll admit, causes you a bit of annoyance when you think about it. Still, the satyrs playing the music helpfully slow down, presumably for your benefit, and slowly but surely you're able to dance with the boy. As you get more and more into it the music gradually speeds up, and eventually the boy and you go from this slow and basic waltz (you...think the proper term is) to something a little more active and energetic. Soon you're happily spinning in circles, moving around in seemingly random patterns while catching the boy's hand every time you pass each other, until eventually you end up tripping over your feet and landing right into the boy's arms. Apparently that was part of the dance, although you didn't realize it until after you were standing back up again. Looking at the boy's face you can tell that yours is flushed to your ears, and not just from how physically demanding that dance was. Mostly, but not entirely.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that!?" [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina suddenly shouts from the front of the crowd, who you notice seems to be impressed with the display themselves. If less vocal about that fact.

You look at the boy, who despite everything looks none the worse for wear, and you turn to Irene. "I, eh, I don't know," you say while still catching your breath.

"The spirits have their own dance. I'm really glad that you were able to dance with me, human." the boy says while staring at you with that cheerful smile of his...

"[Character]Character/Self. M-my name, I mean..." you say while looking at your feet.

The boy nods and politely bows. "Marcell Chalutier. Thank you for today, [Character]Character/Self. I hope that we'll meet again."

You nod, sputter out something about meeting again (which you hope came out right) and quickly you turn around and start pushing through the crowd, leaving Irene behind completely. Not that you don't know that she's on your heels, and you don't intend to go too far until you've had a chance to catch your breath, anyway. Needless to say, Irene catches up to you. "Really, [Character]Character/Self? Can't you see through people like him?" she asks, genuinely sounding perplexed.

"People like who?"

Irene looks like you just punched her. "Grifters! Scam artists! Con men! Criminals! Do I need to find a dictionary and give you a few more possible definitions!?"

You look at the crowd, the boy no doubt still dancing in it, and turn back to Irene. "He didn't dance like a scam artist to me..."

"Oh get your head out of the clouds. I know he was pretty and charming and he is a good dancer and that Merilien actually sounded like he was a native speaker but forget all of that! There's nothing stopping a person like that from picking your pockets while that useless crowd watches some dream about a young couple-eh, wait, I think there's a better term for that..."

"Two strangers, perhaps?"

"Yes! Some dream about two strangers having some romantic first meeting or whatever! Do you honestly think you're the first person he's danced with? Come on! And check your pockets, while you're at it, make sure nothing is missing!"

You honestly don't want to think that the boy is a scam artist, but at Irene's insistence you check your various pockets and knapsack anyway. Thankfully, a thorough search later and everything seems to be in order. Everything that you remember having is where you left it, down to the last Pim. And since you came this way to shop, you definitely remember where you put your money and how much you took with you. Irene has a strange look on her face when you tell her that, though. Something between doubt and something else you can't quite make out. "Oh...alright, fine," the reluctantly says, "I'll admit that you, at least, weren't one of his victims, but I swear he'll steal something before this day is over!"

"I think he might have stolen my heart..." you say as you cast another glance at the crowd, already bringing to mind all the reasons why that "theft" will never amount to anything.

Irene rolls her eyes. "Oh take a cold shower, [Character]Character/Self, pretty boy over there isn't going to stick around I'll tell you that much. Just go about your business and forget about him, I'll be making sure he won't be making any other victims today."

You fail to see why that's Irene's business or why she'd care, but no matter. That dance actually took longer than you expected that you were going to the Admiratio for a reason, so it's time to get moving and see if you'll hear about the boy another day...
--- +1 Romance ---

 

Not the kind of dancing partner you'd prefer, but you're in a dancing mood. (Male PC)

"Sure," you say with a playful grin as you take the boy's hand and play along with his little show. He takes it, slowly pulls you from the front of the crowd, and while you take another look at the boy up close he places his other hand on your waist. You'll freely admit you weren't expecting this boy to be so formal, all things considered, but whatever allows his airship to float, you suppose. The crowd staring at the two of you is making you nervous all the same, though, and as you nervously glance at how many people are poised to start laughing at you if you suddenly develop two left feel the boy actually squeezes your hand a bit, just enough to get your attention.

"Don't mind the crowd, mon partenaire de danse," the boy says with his usual cheerful tone that, despite the random Merilien out of freaking nowhere, doesn't sound anywhere near as pretentious as one would expect. Out of place, sure, but not pretentious. "Just listen to the music, and let the spirits show you how to dance."

You'd ordinarily hit someone if they seriously told you to let "the spirits" show you how to do anything, but with this music you actually understand what he's talking about. You nod, keep your eyes focussed on your "partenair de danse" (mentally kicking yourself for even thinking that), and slowly start moving to the music, trusting the boy not to step on your feet...and hoping that you, in turn, won't do the same. It takes a bit of trial and error to find a proper rhythm, but embarrassingly enough that's actually a problem on your end - the boy seems incredibly adept at improvising and reacting to a dancing partner he's not used to. Still, the satyrs playing the music helpfully slow down, presumably for your benefit, and slowly but surely you're able to dance with the boy. As you get more and more into it the music gradually speeds up, and eventually the boy and you go from this slow and basic waltz (you...think the proper term is) to something a little more active and energetic. Soon you're happily spinning in circles, moving around in seemingly random patterns while catching the boy's hand every time you pass each other, until eventually you end up tripping over your feet and landing right into the boy's arms. Apparently that was part of the dance, although you didn't realize it until after you were standing back up again and questioning whether that was really necessary. Looking at the boy's face you can tell that he's not tired or questioning the importance of dramatic flair in the slightest, not that you're surprised. Clearly you're not his first dancing partner, and likely not his preferred type either, but you like to believe that you're one of the better ones he's danced with all the same.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that!?" [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina suddenly shouts from the front of the crowd, who you notice seems to be impressed with the display themselves. If less vocal about that fact.

You look at Irene, still catching your breath a bit from that dance, and shrug. "Something about wild spirits and satyr music. It's really not that bad when you're not compelled to dance."

"And rest assured, that's something we've learned a long time ago," the boy adds while pointing to the other three satyrs, who are still playing music like nothing else is happening.

Irene glares at the boy with fire in her eyes, for whatever reason, grabs you by your robe and starts pulling you into the crowd. Though you motion to her to stop long enough for you to turn around and ask the boy, "So, just out of curiosity, how do I rate on your list of dancing partners?"

"Truth be told, human, you're the first of your kind that I've danced with that could hear the rhythm of the spirits. And I must thank you for that."

Not the answer, or compliment, that you were expecting. You'll gladly take both, though. "You're welcome, and my name is [Character]Character/Self."

The boy nods. "Marcell Chalutier. Here's to hoping that we'll meet again."

You nod and get to take one step before Irene resumes dragging you out of the crowd. Once you're finally far away enough she lets go and glares at you with a disapproving frown. "If you want the pretty boy for yourself you're more than welcome to him, Irene," you say, not really seeing the reason for her ire. Actually, ire? Irene? Huh. Maybe her parents were clairvoyant.

Irene's glare intensifies until she's glaring at you so hard you're pretty sure her eyes are going to pop out of their respective sockets. "Not. At all. What I'm talking about, [Character]Character/Self! Can't you see an obvious con artist or pickpocket or...whatever when they literally catch you in their arms!?"

You reach into a pocket and pull out a small pouch of Pims that you prepared for today's shopping trip. "You think I haven't learned to watch for pickpockets yet? I've tied this thing to the inside of my robe - with my wand, I'll add - and I made sure to keep a close eye on both of his hands. He didn't try to rob me at any point, Irene, I'd have noticed if he did."

Irene actually looks a bit surprised. "Huh? I mean, good! That's what you should do rather than be enchanted by some random street performers until you can't tell your money pouch from your robe anymore."

You shrug, not really seeing or caring about Irene's stick when it comes to those four, and with a final few "pointers" she leaves and vows to protect all others that she can from the group of satyrs. You, meanwhile, take one last look at the group and wonder if you'll ever see Marcell again...
--- +1 Dance ---

 

Dance with the charming boy. (Male PC)

You silently nod and carefully place you hand in his. He takes it, slowly pulls you from the front of the crowd like he commanded the ground to move you, and while you start mentally comparing the boy to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes he places his other hand on your waist. You'll freely admit you were not expecting this boy to be so formal...and it's making you so nervous that you seem to have lost control of your legs. And arms. And, really, practically every other muscle you'd normally need to dance. The crowd isn't helping one bit, and as you nervously glance at how many people are poised to start laughing at you the boy actually squeezes your hand a bit, just enough to get your attention.

"Don't mind the crowd, mon partenaire de danse," the boy says with an almost gentle tone that, despite the random Merilien out of freaking nowhere, doesn't sound anywhere near as pretentious as one would expect. "Just listen to the music, and let the spirits show you how to dance."

You'd ordinarily have to hit someone if they seriously told you to let "the spirits" show you how to do anything, but with this music you actually understand what he's talking about. You let out a nervous sigh, take a good look at your feet, and slowly start moving to the music, trusting the boy not to step on your feet...and hoping that you, in turn, won't do the same. It takes a bit of trial and error to find a proper rhythm, but embarrassingly enough that's actually a problem on your end - the boy seems incredibly adept at improvising and reacting to a dancing partner he's not used to...which is a fact that, you'll admit, causes you a bit of annoyance when you think about it. Still, the satyrs playing the music helpfully slow down, presumably for your benefit, and slowly but surely you're able to dance with the boy. As you get more and more into it the music gradually speeds up, and eventually the boy and you go from this slow and basic waltz (you...think the proper term is) to something a little more active and energetic. Soon you're happily spinning in circles, moving around in seemingly random patterns while catching the boy's hand every time you pass each other, until eventually you end up tripping over your feet and landing right into the boy's arms. Apparently that was part of the dance, although you didn't realize it until after you were standing back up again. Looking at the boy's face you can tell that he's not even remotely worn out, despite how physically demanding that dance was. You're a bit more worse for wear in that regard, but you'll live.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that!?" [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Irene Oxina suddenly shouts from the front of the crowd, who you notice seems to be impressed with the display themselves. If less vocal about that fact.

You look at the boy, who just has that cheerful look on his face, and you turn to Irene. "I, eh, I don't know," you say while still catching your breath.

"The spirits have their own dance. I'm really glad that you were able to dance with me, human." the boy says while staring at you with that cheerful smile of his...

"Y-yeah, you're welcome. Ah, and my name is [Character]Character/Self." you say while looking at the boy's feet, for some reason unable to meet his gaze.

The boy nods and politely bows...at least, the corners of your eyes think he does. "Marcell Chalutier. Thank you for today, [Character]Character/Self. I hope that we'll meet again."

You nod, sputter out something about meeting again (which you hope didn't sound weird) and quickly you turn around and start pushing through the crowd, leaving Irene behind completely. Not that you don't know that she's on your heels, and you don't intend to go too far until you've had a chance to catch your breath, anyway. Needless to say, Irene catches up to you. "Really, [Character]Character/Self? Can't you see through people like him?" she asks, genuinely sounding perplexed.

"People like who?"

Irene looks like you just punched her. "Grifters! Scam artists! Con men! Criminals! Do I need to find a dictionary and give you a few more possible definitions!?"

You look at the crowd, the boy no doubt still dancing in it, and turn back to Irene. "He didn't dance-I mean, look like a scam artist to me..."

"Oh like that ever amounts to anything, of course even the least intelligent scam artists don't look like scam artists! I know he was pretty and charming and he is a good dancer and that Merilien actually sounded like he was a native speaker but forget all of that! There's nothing stopping a person like that from picking your pockets while that useless crowd watches some dream about a...a...I want to say "young couple", but obviously that...I mean, there's got to be a better term for that..."

"Two strangers, perhaps?"

"Eh, sure. Some dream about two strangers having some fated first meeting or whatever! Do you honestly think you're the first person he's danced with? Come on! And check your pockets, while you're at it, make sure nothing is missing!"

You honestly don't think that the boy is a scam artist, but at Irene's insistence you check your various pockets and knapsack anyway. Thankfully, a thorough search later and everything seems to be in order. Everything that you remember having is where you left it, down to the last Pim. And since you came this way to shop, you definitely remember where you put your money and how much you took with you. Irene has a strange look on her face when you tell her that, though. Something between doubt and something else you can't quite make out. "Oh...alright, fine," the reluctantly says, "I'll admit that you, at least, weren't one of his victims, but I swear he'll steal something before this day is over!"

"I think he might have stolen your heart, the way you keep going on about him." you say as you cast another glance at the crowd, already bringing to mind all the reasons why that "theft" will never amount to anything.

Irene rolls her eyes. "Oh go take a dive in a glacier, [Character]Character/Self, pretty boy over there isn't going to trick me with his false charms, I'll tell you that much. Just go about your business and forget about him, I'll be making sure he won't be making any other victims today."

You fail to see why that's Irene's business or why she'd care, but no matter. That dance actually took longer than you expected that you were going to the Admiratio for a reason, so it's time to get moving and see if you'll hear about the boy another day...
--- +1 Romance ---

And he was obviously never heard of again. Because obviously he wasn't at all important.

 

Yes, I have plans, what of it?

Edited by Metis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And with that I proudly present Marcell's events that unlock if you choose to walk into the crowed in Irene 2. Because that investigation needed a memory to properly gate those exits, and they allow me to properly gate these events. That said I couldn't really do anything gating-wise with any of these other events, so...they can happen in any order they like, if ever. Thankfully that should work at least reasonably well.

 

Random Event Marcell 1:

 

You're enjoying a quiet walk along the Canal of Snows in Mineta when all of a sudden an out-of-nowhere wave of water randomly jumps out of the canal and stops in front of you.

"You dare bask in my glory without paying me proper dues, mortal! Now you shall suffer my wrath!" a mouth-shaped opening in the wave blurts out while pointing at you with half it's form. The tragedies of not having normal arms and fingers with which to efficiently point...

Now you've heard and seen quite a few strange things regarding the Canal of Snows, but you're pretty sure that it is not sentient. All the same you draw your wand, ready to deal with whatever or whoever caused this mess (a prankster being high on your list of suspects right now), except that all of a sudden you hear a familiar voice behind you. "Got yourself into a bit of trouble there, [Character]Character/Self?" You turn around for a moment and see Marcell, the street performer that invited you to a dance to satyr music before.

"What are you doing here?" you ask, and before Marcell can answer the wave of water blurts out pretty much the same question. Marcell, you note, does not look at all threatened.

"Shouldn't you instead focus on him?" Marcell quietly says while covertly pointing at a shadowy figure up in a nearby tree. Even so you recognize him easily. [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Vettor Conta. You should have known.

So...how to deal with this mess?

Eh, you were done walking anyway.

You put your wand back and shrug at the Glamour, maybe Revision, that [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Vettor Conta made. After that you turn around and start walking off.

"You'll not escape from me so easily, mortal!" the "wave" says as it flings itself over to you, but by the time you turn around Marcell has jumped forwards and literally kicked the water back into the canal with a swift kick to the wave's side. The rest of the water just falls to the ground, whatever magic was animating it clearly having failed.

"Where'd you learn to kick like that?" you ask Marcell with far too neutral a tone considering the circumstances.

Marcell taps the ground with both his feet. "Satyr legs and a lifetime spend dancing for hours on end. I wouldn't say that I know how to kick or even fight in general, really, but people have told me that if I manage to actually hit something I kick like a mule."

You can't resist asking for a demonstration, though not using yourself as a test dummy for obvious reasons, and you spend a few minutes with Marcell practising kicks on the tree that Vettor was hiding in a moment ago...not sure where he went off to, come to think of it, but eh, you don't especially care. What you do care about is that you manage to give Marcell a few pointers on how to aim his kicks, and he in turn is able to give you a few pointers on how to make the best use of all the muscle that you have to work with. A fun little distraction, all things told.
--- +1 Brute Strength ---

 

Play along. Vettor wouldn't seriously hurt anyone, much less a friend. (mutual relationship of 5+ or Cliqued)

"Oh, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Vettor Conta. Okay, play along Marcell."

You step forwards, facing the horrible wave...monster...thing, while Marcell stays behind and looks at you a bit curiously. Wand drawn you point to the monster and confidently state, "Never will I pay respect to those who cannot best me in a challenge of wits, oh spirit of the canal. So challenge me, if you wish to earn your dues."

As expected Vettor cannot resist this, and the wave...eh, laughs, you think? It's a bit difficult to interpret the facial expressions of a wave. "No mortal has ever beaten me in a challenge of wits, so very well! If you believe you can best me, than show me! What can all mortals stand on, that no mortal can do without!?"

Of course with Vettor involved it's easy to figure out the answer, so you turn to Marcell. "Would you like to guess?" you ask.

Marcell seems to be thinking it over. "All mortals can stand on it...none can do without...I'd say the floating islands, but you could technically live on an airship. Or does the wood that an airship is carved out of count as an extension of the island, since...that's where the trees grow and all?"

You shake your head. "It's actually much simpler than that, Marcell," and you turn towards the wave. "The answer, spirit of the Canal of Snows, is water. Which mortals can stand on when it's frozen into the form of ice."

With the most needlessly dramatic "death scene", is the best way you can describe it, the wave flails around, laments it's defeat, and slowly sinks back into the canal. After the full two minutes that the wave takes to "die" you look up at Vettor, who's jumped out of his tree and is walking up to you, wand still in hand and a smile on his face. "Didn't expect that you'd be the first one to walk past here, [Character]Character/Self. Rest assured that if it had been someone else they wouldn't have answered that riddle so easily. Anyway, who's your friend here?" Vettor says, pointing at the still-confused Marcell at the end.

"Marcell Chalutier, pleased to meet you. And you're Vettor...?"

"Conta, [Character]Character/Self's friend and fellow Academagia student."

Introductions lead into small talk as you tell Vettor about how you met Marcell, and the three of you spend some time together messing about with the water of the Canal of Snows.
--- +1 relationship with Vettor --- (PS: Thanks to Schwarzbart for reality-checking that, without context, this "riddle" isn't as blatantly obvious)

 

Incantation Methods. The solution to this problem is "fire everywhere". (Finesse/v3)

Wand already out you piece together the Phemes for Invisible Coals of Ladislau and create a nice, invisible fire underneath the wave. It...or rather, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Vettor Conta decides to not have the wave take roughly two steps to the side, but instead start dancing as it "notices" the heat from under it as it slowly starts to bubble and eventually evaporate into vapor. Personally you were pretty sure you didn't put that much force into your spell, but Vettor probably thought it'd be hilarious or something. There's no real telling with him.

When the wave has fully evaporated, or at least fully enough to banish the "spirit", you look at Vettor and see him jump out of the tree. He still has his wand drawn, but beyond that he's rather casually strolling up to you with a grin on his face. "Good show, [Character]Character/Self," he says as he stops in front of you. "I honestly didn't think you'd be brave enough to stand up to the evil spirit of the Canal of Snows! or wherever I was going with that. I know, call it a work in progress. Even good pranks aren't build in a day, you know."

"Evidently," you say a bit sceptically.

Vettor shrugs. "I still think I'm on the right track, I just need to figure out how to make it more monster-looking. Anyway, who's your friend? Are you also a member of the Brave Water Spirit Fighting Club or did you happen to see me sitting in the tree? I though I saw you pointing in my direction earlier."

"The latter," Marcell says, curiously looking Vettor over.

"Figured," Vettor answers with a shrug. "Anyway, as the first ever people to come face to face with the evil spirit of the Canal of Snows! do you two have any recommendation on how to make it more, well, evil and spirit-y?"

Both you and Marcell share an odd look, but you both do end up talking to Vettor about what you thought and what he could do better. It's fairly constructive, all things told, but than Vettor never was a bully so much as a jovial prankster. One you really don't want near you sometimes, but still.
--- +1 Practical Jokes ---

 

Wand already out you piece together the Phemes for Invisible Coals of Ladislau and create a nice, invisible fire underneath the wave. Only something goes wrong with the spell, and after linking the Phemes together they fizzle and die in a shower of sparks.

"I'm not an expert on human magic, but I take it that wasn't the intended result?" Marcell asks, looking a bit dubiously at the tiny light show that is your wand right now.

"Far as I can tell the spell still activated, just...I might have lost control over it..." you say as you look around for anything that spontaneously caught fire. Fortunately none of the nearby houses or the tree that Vettor is hiding in is showing any signs of smoke, smoldering stuff that might catch fire or an outright inferno. Unfortunately something was, in fact, set on fire as a result of your botched spell.

"What in Ardica's name is this? Oh man, fire everywhere I look and with just a flick of the old wand I can just create a full-blown whip made entirely of flames? I think I can get used to this!"

So the wave, despite being a wave of water, is now also on fire. This was not the effect you were hoping to achieve, as apparently your spell didn't quite get the "heat" aspect of the flames correct. On the bright side that at least means that nothing is going to be set on fire if Vettor decides to start terrorizing the landscape with it. Thankfully he's not quite so stupid, and instead the fire-wave monster turns towards the canal and jumps right in, dousing all the flames that were starting to attract a bit of unwanted attention. Vettor himself jumps out of the tree he was hiding in and walks up to you, wand drawn and a huge grin on his face.

"[Character]Character/Self, may I just say that I cannot thank you enough for figuring out what my spirit of the lake monster was missing! Truly, you're a better prankster than you are an Incantationist."

That probably wasn't meant to sound like an insult, but all the same, it did. "Yeah, you're welcome..." you say with a frown.

"Oh don't give me that. Creativity is important for Incantation, you know? Why do you think Godina's kids get stuck in Music class, they drew the short straw with required courses? Just wait until you hear about the amazing exploits of Flamewave, evil spirit of the Canal of Snows!"

"I'd rather not hear about how I gave you the idea to...okay, wait, 'flamewave'? Really?"

Vettor shrugs. "Name's a work in progress. I'll think of a better name later. Anyway, who's your friend over here? If you have any more ideas on how to make the show better I'd be glad to hear it."

Marcell looks at you a bit curiously before turning to Vettor. "The name's Marcell Chalutier, but while I was often told about the importance of fluid movement I, eh...I'm afraid that I'm not quite sure what to make of that," Marcell says while pointing to where "flamewave" was a moment ago.

Vettor, again, shrugs, seemingly without a single care in the world. "Unfortunate, but I suppose understandable when you don't study magic. Anyway I've got a Revision and a Glamour to put together, so I'll see you two later. Maybe." With that Vettor walks off, leaving you standing here with Marcell in awkward silence.

"So..." Marcell asks, "does that kind of thing happen often at the Academagia?"

You can't help but shake your head at that. "You have no idea..."
--- +1 Stress, +1 Creativity ---

 

Satyric Revelry. Clearly this calls for a duel...a dancing duel! (Finesse/v3)

"Alright Marcell, do you have an instrument on you?"

Marcell pulls a...eh, you're not sure what that is, actually, but a flute-looking thing from a pocket. "What do you plan to do with this, trap the spell in it or something?"

You shake your head and take a step towards the wave, a frown on your face and a piercing glare fixated on the wave "monster". "Nay," you say to Marcell before turning your attention to the monster. "You, foul defiler of all things good and beautiful, I challenge to a duel...of dance!"

The wave monster stares at you with a vacant expression in it's would-be eyes. Another one of many firsts since you've started to attend the Academagia. All the same you don't back down, and [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Vettor Conta, really, regains his composure. "As you wish!" the wave says as it apparently moves into position. Vettor couldn't possibly make this monstrosity dance, could he?

Marcell, who likewise chooses to just go along with it, starts playing a rather energetic tune on his flute-thing. While not "proper" satyr music in that it compels you to dance you definitely can feel a certain energy come off of it. And as it so happens you know how to turn that energy into some sweet dancing moves! From the very start of the "duel" you easily dance the wave monster under a metaphorical table - to the great confusion of any people walking past - until it trips over it's own feet (...somehow) and into the Canal of Snows. Recovering quickly from your mental state you straighten yourself, bow as a polite duellist should even though there's...well, actually, Vettor is still there, and happily you announce yourself to be the better dancer than the Canal of Snows. Which only confuses the few people that are standing around and looking at the weirdness even further. Thankfully people are used to worse in Mineta.

While what little audience you've attracted slowly leaves, either lamenting the state of the current generation or questioning how blind the Academagia's professors are these days, Vettor jumps down out of his tree and walks towards you. His wand is still drawn, but from the massive grin on his face you can tell that he means you no harm. "Okay, seriously, how in Octavius' name did you go from seeing an evil water spirit to challenging said spirit to a dancing duel to showing off those crazy moves and...seriously where did you learn to do that? Even I couldn't think of anything more creative than that monster!"

"Just a bit of satyr philosophy, is all," you confidently say to Vettor, although admittedly Marcell can't help but shake his head at that.

"Ah, sorry, and you are? [Character]Character/Self's 'professor' of Satyr Philosophy, or what was it?" Vettor asks, looking at Marcell.

"No, nothing like that. I'm Marcell Chalutier, a street performer just travelling with a group of satyrs. It's a long story."

"Oh I'll bet, because I've never heard music played like that before. You think you could give my little water monster a few tips on how to dance? I seriously have got to try this dance duel idea on the next student that comes through here, and it'll be even better if my little monster actually wins!"

Marcell puts his flute-looking thing away and shrugs. "I was told about how fluid motion is important to dancing, but, eh, I'm not qualified to teach something that 'fluid'. Besides, where are you going to get music from for your theoretical dance duel or what was it?"

Vettor shrugs. "Oh, I'll think of something, never mind that, just show me how to get a wave to move like that, please! That's going to be the prank of the year and I've got to beat the other pranksters if I can!" You'll admit, Vettor is enthusiastic if nothing else.

Marcell, for his part, though, just seems lost and perhaps a little embarrassed. "Oh...fine, I suppose I can give you a few pointers, but, eh, [Character]Character/Self, a little help here, please?"

You nod and help Marcell show Vettor how to maybe, possibly, probably in several years time dance like you can. Needless to say it's a bit beyond Vettor's spellcasting capabilities, but the amount of effort he puts into it is nevertheless impressive.
--- +1 Dance ---

 

"Alright Marcell, do you have an instrument on you?"

Marcell pulls a...eh, you're not sure what that is, actually, but a flute-looking thing from a pocket. "What do you plan to do with this, trap the spell in it or something?"

You shake your head and take a step towards the wave, a frown on your face and a piercing glare fixated on the wave "monster". "Nay," you say to Marcell before turning your attention to the monster. "You, foul defiler of all things good and beautiful, I challenge to a duel...of dance!"

The wave monster stares at you with a vacant expression in it's would-be eyes. Another one of many firsts since you've started to attend the Academagia. All the same you don't back down, and [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Vettor Conta, really, regains his composure. "As you wish!" the wave says as it apparently moves into position. Vettor couldn't possibly make this monstrosity dance, could he?

Marcell, who likewise chooses to just go along with it, starts playing a rather energetic tune on his flute-thing. While not "proper" satyr music in that it compels you to dance you definitely can feel a certain energy come off of it. And as it so happens you know how to turn that energy into some sweet dancing moves! Unfortunately, so does Vettor. You really don't know how or when or why he's able to make his little Glamour or Revision dance, but he's able, and he's good at it too! It's not until after the "duel" ends, which you've somehow managed to loose, that you realize your mistake. Vettor himself can also hear Marcell's music, so of course he'd be able to make use of it just as much as you! You didn't think that he could, but apparently he's perfectly able to! Staring indignantly at the silent and unmoving wave monster it suddenly flings itself back into the Canal of Snows, and after a bit of water splashes over your face you see Vettor jump down his tree and walk up to you, smug as smug can be.

"[Character]Character/Self, congratulations on not only figuring out a way to make that water spirit monster thing significantly more entertaining, but actually threatening in some silly and hilarious sense of the word. Truly, though you're not the only one who can dance to satyr music, you have beaten me in taking a prank to the greatest heights that I could ever have hoped to reach. And speaking of satyr music, I take it your friend here is, eh...?"

Vettor is apparently unsure of how to best word his question, though that's not a surprise coming from him. Marcell, thankfully, seems to take it well. "It's a long story. Anyway, my name is Marcell Chalutier, pleased to meet you."

"Oh, likewise," Vettor says, "and if I could possibly convince you to assist me with taking this prank to the next level that'd be greatly appreciated, though I suppose that you've got other business to attend to?"

Marcell nods, and Vettor shrugs. "Yeah, figured as much. Guess I'll just have to find out how to Glamour up some music, because man, that's the greatest prank I've seen all week. Maybe you could help me with that, [Character]Character/Self? I mean you're clearly confident in your, eh...accepting of Satyr...lifestyles? Sorry, I'm really lost on how to say this."

"Confident in [Character]Character/Self being in-tune with the satyr spirits of the dance," Marcell politely corrects.

"Ah, right, what he said. So, you up for a little pranking?"

"Why? I mean I fail to see why that confidence is well-deserved, to be honest."

Vettor waves your self-doubt off, which is something you're not sure is comforting or infuriating. Even so you decide that if you're not the better dancer you're at least the better prankster, and while not exactly the profession you'd prefer you do end up besting Vettor in one aspect before the day is over.
--- -1 Dance ---

 

 

Random Event Marcell 2:

 

You're doing some shopping in the Admiratio when you suddenly run into a familiar face, staring in turn at another familiar face. Marcell Chalutier, the...you never did get confirmation whether Marcell is a satyr or at least part satyr, actually. But all things considered you think it's a safe bet that he's at least part satyr. So the part satyr boy you met a while back is sitting on a terrace, contently sipping a drink, while staring a few tables over at [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Emilia Picotti. You feel like you could use a drink, so you walk up to Marcell and ask if you can join him. Without taking his eyes off Emilia he invites you to sit down, and when a servant arrives you buy a refreshing bottle of freshly squeezed apple juice. Just what you need to recover from a shopping trip, really.

"Looking for a girlfriend?" you ask with a bit of a mischievous tone. Thankfully Marcell sees the humor in it.

"Ha, no, nothing like that. I'm trying to figure out where this smell comes from. It smells like perfume, but..."

You covertly smell the area around you, hopefully without looking odd, but you don't smell anything like perfume. That's not to say that Emilia doesn't tend to wear perfume, but if she does right now it's not strong enough to be noticeable from all the way over here. As well it shouldn't, really. "I'm not smelling any perfume, Marcell."

Marcell sighs and shakes his head. "I was afraid of that. I know I'm not crazy and I can definitely smell that scent, but...I just can't figure out where it's coming from."

You shrug as you take a drink from your juice. "Why not just walk up and ask her? You're charming enough to pull that off."

Marcell gives you an odd look, and you realize a second after saying that that that may have sounded a bit better in your head. Still, you stick to what you said, and Marcell lets out a sigh. "Academagia students generally set their sights a little higher than I can reach. Besides, I don't think walking up to someone I don't know and asking whether they're wearing a specific perfume is really...appropriate."

"If it's something that's genuinely bothering you it's entirely appropriate. Admittedly you should probably explain yourself first, but other than that it's not a problem if you come across as direct."

Marcell seems to mull it over, and lets out another sigh. "That's...kind of the problem. I...actually, do you know that girl?"

"Her? I mean I know her name, Emilia Picotti, why do you ask?"

Marcell gives you an almost predatory grin, and you can't help but let out a sigh. Of course he'd ask you to talk to her first. Which is a fair enough idea, you'll admit, but...should you?

You don't feel like talking to Emilia, really.

"If it's all the same to you, Marcell, I'd rather not. Me asking whether she's wearing perfume on behalf of the charming boy a few tables over isn't going to over any better than you approaching her directly yourself. Really though, I know you're a smooth talker, so why don't you just go up to her and ask her yourself?"

Marcell's grin makes way for a weary look at he resumes staring at Emilia. "It's a long story", is all he says.

"One too long to tell or one you don't want to tell?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Marcell asks with a sigh. You did figure as much, honestly, but you were hopeful that it'd really just be a case of some random thing not making sense without the context of someone's entire life story. Although considering how that would work it's probably for the better, this way.

"Well, if it's really bothering you so much you can just get another table or something. Otherwise you're just going to have to-"

"Going to have to keep staring at me?" [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Emilia Picotti suddenly asks, having managed to sneak up on you two while you were talking. And from Marcell's reaction, not to mention the sudden scent of perfume now that Emilia is standing in front of you two, you're going to have to assume that Marcell's theory was correct. For her part Emilia looks halfway between annoyed and bemused that Marcell has been staring at her. You wouldn't dare guess why.

"I was going to say 'walk up and talk to her', but I suppose just continuing to stare would have ended up working as well, in a sense."

You look over at Marcell, who's actually keeping one of his sleeves to his nose. You wonder why for a moment before realizing that if he could smell Emilia's perfume from several tables away the scent must just be overpowering when she's standing right next to him. "And this would be the other reason why I was weary of walking up and talking to her. To you, sorry." Marcell's voice sounds a bit weird, being filtered through his sleeve.

Emilia looks at Marcell and frowns. "What? Is the smell that bad?" she asks with a frown.

Marcell shakes his head. "No, not at all, just...really powerful. I'm surprised you don't notice it yourself, honestly."

Emilia looks Marcell over with a sceptical eye, and then turns her attention to you. "Do you notice my perfume?"

You shrug. "Notice it, sure, but I couldn't smell it from several tables away."

Emilia looks you over, turns her attention back to Marcell, and shrugs. "Maybe you ought to visit a healer, in case your nose isn't working as it should." With that Emilia walks off, thankfully giving you the chance to cast a quick Glamour to allow Marcell to breathe normally.

"Don't let her words bother you," you say as you're putting your spell together, "Emilia's not upset or anything, not really, just...her perfumes are important to her. And you've got to admit that it's weird how you're the only one that's bothered by it. Is that because of you're, well, part satyr? I mean you never said, but...from what I remember from our first meeting you did look...well, not entirely like a normal human. And-"

Marcell briefly looks at you with an almost vacant expression before he cuts you off. "Please, [Character]Character/Self, I understand, just...don't mention it."

Getting the distinct impression that this isn't something Marcell is willing to feely talk about you drop the subject, and instead make a bit of small talk about life in the Academagia until it's time for you to get back to shopping.
--- +1 Social Skills ---

 

Emilia's your friend, so you're sure you can ask her. (Relationship 5+ or Cliqued)

"Luckily enough for you I actually happen to know [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Emilia Picotti fairly well, so sure, I'll ask her. What kind of perfume do you think she's wearing, anyway?"

Marcell sniffs the air and seems to give it some serious thought. "I honestly couldn't tell you the name of the flower, just...I know that I've smelled it before. Something from Meril, probably, but I can't remember the name."

No flowers used for perfume that primarily or even exclusively grow or are cultivated in Meril spring to mind, but you imagine that Emilia knows the name of the flower who's fragrance she's using, if she's using it, so it seems like the fastest ways to get answers here it to get them straight from the horse's mouth. As such you stand up and walk over to Emilia's table, which she's sharing with two fellow Avila students, [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Cinzia Ammacapani and [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Avgust Kostrodyrets. As you approach you can see Emilia cast a quick glance over at Marcell, so apparently she's noticed him staring at her.

"Here to deliver a message from the [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes of Mineta's streets?" Emilia asks with a mouth full of sarcasm, sounding a lot more rude than she probably intended.

You shrug. "In a sense, I suppose. The boy, Marcell, wants to know what perfume you're wearing. Assuming you are the one wearing the perfume that he can apparently smell from all the way over there, that is. I'm not sure. He said it reminds him of some flower he's smelled before in Meril, but he can't recall the name of it."

Emilia looks surprised. "Ha, really? I am wearing what's traditionally Merilien perfume, in fact. Freshly made from imported ingredients myself. And pretty boy over there can smell it all the way from there?"

"Impossible," Cinzia notes, "if that perfume was so strong the rest of us here wouldn't be able to breathe."

"Don't ask me, Marcell's just...different, I suppose."

"Different how?" Avgust asks.

You shrug. "I don't know, something satyr related. It's actually pretty easy to see up close, but he's never shared. Though I suppose I never asked, either."

"So does pretty boy want to share? Because I wouldn't mind talking to him." Emilia says with a playful smile.

"If you walk up to him he might choke, Emilia, and I've given you his name twice already. Why not use it?"

"Just look at him. Isn't he a pretty boy?"

You stare a bit confused at Emilia before shrugging it off. "Ah, yeah, that reminds me, what's the name of the flower you used for your perfume? Pretty boy-I mean Marcell asked about that."

A few quietly exchanged glares later and Emilia answers your question. "I...honestly I don't remember the name either, the shop I bought my supply from used the Merilien name and I'll just be honest, even if I did remember the name I probably couldn't pronounce it to save my life. I called it 'white lilly', if that helps, and if not I can give you the address of the shop."

"Sure," you say, and with that information you return to Marcell, the three other students - Emilia in particular - staring holes through you all the way. Marcell, if he notices, chooses not to let his reaction show. "So, good news is that you were right, bad news is that she doesn't remember the name of the flower, since it's Merilien. That said she gave me the address of the shop where she bought them, so if you care, you could ask there."

"And I will," Marcell says with a nod. "So, anything else? You looked like you were talking to her for a while."

You scratch your head, honestly having forgotten already whether anything else important came up. Although if anything did you'd wager that you'd have remembered, so you shake your head. Marcell seems curious for a second, but he lets it drop. Instead he thanks you for the help and immediately sets off towards the address you've given him, saying goodbye before walking out of sigh. It makes you think about why Marcell does what he does, but that's not something you can reason out from pure speculation alone, so you finish your own drink and get moving again yourself.
--- +1 Conversation ---

 

No. No you shouldn't. (Rivalry with Emilia)

You take one more look in Emilia's direction and turn back to Marcell, shaking your head. "Yeah, no. Not even a little bit. I know Emilia, but we're not friends, if you catch my meaning..."

"So...enemies?" Marcell asks.

"Well, rivals, so enemies in a sense I suppose."

Marcell looks over at Emilia and turns back to you, curiously. "Why her? Did she spray you with acidic perfume or something?"

"I'd rather not talk about it, if it's all the same to you."

Marcell nods, looking to be far more understanding of this whole "don't want to talk about it" thing than you think he should be. Personal experience, perhaps? Well, either way you're not going to find out. "Anyway I think I better leave before Emilia draws the wrong conclusions and decides to despise you by association, so, eh, see you later, maybe, Marcell."

Marcell nods as you quickly finish your drink and scamper off, keeping as much distance between yourself and Emilia as possible. Unfortunate that you weren't able to help Marcell with this, but hopefully you at least avoided making it worse.
--- +1 Hide ---

 

You don't know Emilia too well, but you'll talk to her. (Not Cliqued, not rivals, relationship 4-)

"Fine, prince charming, I'll talk to your princess," you say with sarcasm dripping from every word. Marcell obviously glares at you, but he knows it's all in jest. Grinning all the way you walk to up [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Emilia Picotti as well as her two current companions, fellow Avila students [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Cinzia Ammacapani and [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Avgust Kostrodyrets, and judging from Emilia's expression she saw Marcell staring at her, and you talking to him before walking over to her.

"Playing courier, [Character]Character/Self?" Emilia asks as you approach.

"No, but Marcell over there did have a question he apparently couldn't bring himself to ask you - what perfume are you wearing right now? He said he recognizes the smell, but can't remember what flower it's from."

Emilia smiles as she reaches into her knapsack and looks around for the perfume bottle, but Cinzia looks less enthused. "How did he manage to smell Emilia's perfume, anyway? I don't recall him passing us by, and he couldn't possibly smell it from all the way over there."

You shrug. "I don't know. I mean he said that he could smell it from his table, but I sure couldn't, so I don't know."

Cinzia stares at Marcell a bit sceptically. "Stranger things have happened, I suppose."

"Oh darn it!" Emilia suddenly blurts out while looking at a perfume bottle that has no label on it. "I thought I wrote the name of the flower down, but I guess not. Sorry, [Character]Character/Self, but the name of the flower was Merilien and I couldn't remember it to save my life. Or pronounce it, for that matter, so I just kinda ignored it. I'm usually better at this sort of stuff, but...I just don't speak Merilien. If you really want to know I'll give you the address of the shop where I bought the flowers. They specially import it, so it should be easy to figure out."

"Especially if the human dog over there can smell it from across the street..." Avgust drily adds.

"I don't know if he's human, actually. At least not entirely." you say to the surprise of all three students. Of course you don't know much more on that subject and you're not entirely comfortable discussing that with Marcell right there watching your back, so you quickly make an excuse and scurry back to Marcell and give him the information you got. What little you got, at least.

"Don't worry, I'm sure that this'll be enough," he says with a reassuring smile. "Anyway I'll go look into this right now, so see you later, maybe, [Character]Character/Self." You nod, watch Marcell run off and finish your own drink.
--- +1 Temperance ---

 

 

Random Event Marcell 3:

 

While walking through Mineta you stumble upon [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Everwine von Zoedorf, apparently questioning people about whether they've seen an individual that he's made a crude sketch of. "I recently ran into this individual on my way to the Admiratio," he explains when you ask him what he's doing. "I forgot to ask for a name, but I want to ask him to pose for me, even if it's just for a quick sketch. I know, it sounds strange, but he had this strange look about him that seemed almost inhuman, and I think that I'd do well to practice making a sketch of him. Just drawing the same human over and over again, broadly speaking I mean, isn't going to be good for my technique. I mean, just look at this," he says as he shows you the sketch. "Rubbish, isn't it? The hair is too short and the eyes are all wrong and...well, you get the idea. I know I can do better than that, even if I have to draw from memory, but trying to put his features to parchment just seems to confuse me more than anything. Unfortunately I've not had much luck in tracking him down. I don't know if it's the sketch or whether he simply isn't in town anymore, but no one I've asked so far has recognized him."

Taking another look at the admittedly vague sketch you ask Everwine what about it is wrong, and what the person actually had.

"Well, he had long hair, not like 'long' long, but it came down to his shoulders, maybe a bit lower. He also had this look in his eyes, like an animal that escaped from a cage or something, it was weird. Eh, what else...oh, I think he also injured his legs at some point. At least they looked like there were shaped a bit oddly, like he broke something and was wearing splints, but than again he could walk - even dance - perfectly fine, so...maybe not. I don't really remember."

A boy with shoulder-length hair, a feral glint in his eyes, and legs that don't look entirely human up close? Why does this sound familiar?

"I don't clearly remember the rest, even something as basic as what colour his hair or eyes were, so I'm afraid that I'm just not getting anywhere fast. I don't suppose you know who I'm talking about, right, [Character]Character/Self?"

You can't be sure, and you wouldn't know where to find him at any given hour any more than Everwine does, but maybe...

You've nothing to confirm that your hunch is correct, so stay out of this.

You take another look at the sketch and shrug. "Sorry [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Everwine von Zoedorf, but this guy doesn't look familiar to me either."

Everwine lets out a sigh as he takes the sketch. "Yeah, I figured. Thanks for looking, I suppose, and be sure to tell me if you find him!"

You wouldn't know for sure if you did even if you ran into who you think Everwine is talking about, so with a shrug and half-hearted promise to do so you continue to walk and go about your business.
--- -1 Character Study ---

 

You couldn't track him down, but relay your theory to Everwine anyway.

"Actually, I might know this guy," you say much to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Everwine von Zoedorf's surprise.

"Wait, really? Tell me, who is he?"

"I can't confirm and I couldn't track him down myself, but based on your description I'd say you met one Marcell Chalutier. At least the length of his hair, the fay glint in his eyes and the fact that his legs are part hooves or...something, I'm not entirely sure, it certainly does remind me of him."

Everwine's face lights up. "That's him! That's got to be him! I mean how many other people in Mineta fit that description?"

"Everyone with a wand who knows a bit of Glamour, for starters. Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, how'd you meet him anyway? I don't recall you being especially interested in dancing, and Marcell is part of a street performer group. The dancer, in fact, at least that's what it seemed like to me."

Despite your question Everwine's face lights up even more. "Really? Oh, than it's got to be him! I met...well, not 'met', but I saw that group of street performers a while ago, and the music they played was just...unreal. I really wanted to, eh, get the chance to draw the dancer, since he looked just slightly different from the rest of the crowd and all, but I didn't get the chance to ask his name."

If you didn't know better you'd swear that Everwine isn't being entirely truthful here, but no matter. He got his information and he's happy, so you've done your good deed for the day...you think.
--- +1 Relationship ---

 

Astrology. Student of a magic academy, use magic! (Luck/v3)

"So, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Everwine von Zoedorf, about this guy, where'd you meet him?"

"Where? Eh, well, I know it might sound odd but I saw the guy when he was dancing to a group of street performers. Satyrs, I believe. The way they played their music was just...incredible, and-I mean, I hoped to get the chance to draw that scene, but unfortunately I was a bit enchanted by the music. I forgot to ask the guy for his name, too..."

You stare at Everwine a bit curiously as he coughs nervously, but while he's not a great fan of dancing you don't see a problem with him being enchanted by the music, and he's right that going beyond just humans would be a good way to practice his drawing, so you let the obvious point drop. "Well, you're in luck, because I stumbled onto the same group a while back and I actually managed to catch the boy's name - Marcell Chalutier. Though I take it that you have no means of actually finding him?"

Everwine looks excited when you mention Marcell's name. "Are you kidding? With a name I could easily find him! I just have to...eh, ask...around, and..." Everwine looks to the left, looks to the right, and lets out a sigh. "Okay, so I'm really not into this whole 'gossip' stuff. Still, someone must know where he is, right?"

"I'd assume so, but how many other people are going to know him by name, how many of those people will know where to find him at any given hour, and how many of those people will actually be willing to tell you that information?"

Everwine's excitement quickly deflates. "Oh...I guess you're right. But, so, do you have a better idea?"

You roll your eyes. "Eh, hello? Academagia student here? Have you never heard of Astrology?"

Everwine shrugs. "I've heard of it, sure, but I'm not enrolled in that class."

"Well you're about to get a demonstration of why it might be a good idea to study up on it a bit. Exhibit A: The Lesser Charm of Fixing!" You draw your wand, prepare the Phemes and with practised ease link them together to form the spell. Thankfully you've got a good enough memory of Marcell to be able to use this kind of magic on him, and as soon as the spell is cast your vision is drawn beyond Everwine and towards...a line of trees, planted evenly along a dirt path. Normally that wouldn't be distinct at all, but you can actually use the position of the sun to orient the vision, and from there it's fairly easy to guess where it is based on which direction the City of Mineta is in. It's somewhere to the west, along the path to the Imperial Palace...although why Marcell would hang out there is completely beyond you. Even so you tell Everwine about what you've found out.

"Found out how? You just spaced out and have been staring off into nothingness for the past minute or two!"

"I'll get you a book on Astrology later, Everwine. For now do you want to follow my vision or don't you?"

Everwine looks at you a bit sceptically, but all the same he quickly nods, seeing as how he doesn't have a better idea. So the two of you run off in the direction of the Imperial Palace, and you note that as you get closer more people actually seem to recognize Everwine's sketch, though no one can put a name to it. Eventually you manage to track down Marcell, who's apparently walking towards the Imperial Palace for some inexplicable reason, and he turns around when he hears the two of you approach. "[Character]Character/Self? Fancy meeting you here, are you also travelling in this direction?"

You shake your head, still wondering why Marcell would be travelling this way, but you refrain from asking questions. "Actually, I'm here because Everwine here wanted to make a sketch of you." You give Everwine a little push, as a signal to step forwards, but he doesn't appear to get it.

Marcell, understandably enough, raises an eyebrow. "A sketch? Of me? Might I ask what's so special about me?"

Everwine nods, badly hiding the crude sketch that he made earlier behind his back, but when it comes to answering Marcell's last question he completely fails to explain himself. Marcell looks him over with a curious expression and slowly turns to you. "So, are you this guy's friend, or...?"

"You can trust him, Marcell. Everwine can be a bit weird, but he's not a bad kid."

Marcell again looks Everwine over curiously. "I mean, I guess it's not too much trouble, but...it's a bit weird that you two just showed up out of nowhere to ask this. How'd you know I was here, anyway? Have you two been searching all up and down Mineta?" In answer to Marcell's question you just show your wand, although it's clear from his expression that he doesn't know exactly how you managed to track him down with that. One last time he looks Everwine over curiously, and finally he shrugs. "Well...alright, I guess. Do you have a specific location in mind, or...?"

Everwine shakes his head. "Oh, no, here will do just fine." He then quickly turns to you. "[Character]Character/Self, thank you very much for your help. If you want I could make a sketch of you, too."

You shake your head and say you've got other places to be, and leave the two behind. Marcell is clearly confused by Everwine's request, but you know that he's harmless, so with a clear head you leave the two to their own devices.
--- +1 Logic ---

 

"So, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Everwine von Zoedorf, about this guy, where'd you meet him?"

"Where? Eh, well, I know it might sound odd but I saw the guy when he was dancing to a group of street performers. Satyrs, I believe. The way they played their music was just...incredible, and-I mean, I hoped to get the chance to draw that scene, but unfortunately I was a bit enchanted by the music. I forgot to ask the guy for his name, too..."

You stare at Everwine a bit curiously as he coughs nervously, but while he's not a great fan of dancing you don't see a problem with him being enchanted by the music, and he's right that going beyond just humans would be a good way to practice his drawing, so you let the obvious point drop. "Well, you're in luck, because I stumbled onto the same group a while back and I actually managed to catch the boy's name - Marcell Chalutier. Though I take it that you have no means of actually finding him?"

Everwine looks excited when you mention Marcell's name. "Are you kidding? With a name I could easily find him! I just have to...eh, ask...around, and..." Everwine looks to the left, looks to the right, and lets out a sigh. "Okay, so I'm really not into this whole 'gossip' stuff. Still, someone must know where he is, right?"

"I'd assume so, but how many other people are going to know him by name, how many of those people will know where to find him at any given hour, and how many of those people will actually be willing to tell you that information?"

Everwine's excitement quickly deflates. "Oh...I guess you're right. But, so, do you have a better idea?"

You roll your eyes. "Eh, hello? Academagia student here? Have you never heard of Astrology?"

Everwine shrugs. "I've heard of it, sure, but I'm not enrolled in that class."

"Well you're about to get a demonstration of why it might be a good idea to study up on it a bit. Exhibit A: The Lesser Charm of Fixing!" You draw your wand, prepare the Phemes and with practised ease link them together to form the spell. Thankfully you've got a good enough memory of Marcell to be able to use this kind of magic on him, and as soon as the spell is cast your vision is drawn beyond Everwine and towards...a line of trees, planted along a dirt path. Next you see a hill, or maybe the side of a mountain, if there's even a difference, and from there it just gets even more vague. When you finally snap out of your vision you look at Everwine a bit curiously and say, "Okay, so apparently I should take my own advice and read a few more books on Astrology because that wasn't helpful in the slightest. Sorry to get your hopes up, Everwine, but, eh, at least I've given you a name, right? That's got to be worth something..."

Everwine actually nods happily, probably in an attempt to make you feel better. "Don't worry about me, [Character]Character/Self, I can handle myself, and a name is really what I needed." You shrug, walk past Everwine and start mentally planning on how you're going to squeeze extra Astrology study sessions into your schedule...
--- -1 Theory of Astrology ---

 

 

Random Event Marcell 4:

 

Right after classes end you find yourself heading into Mineta with [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico. Professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Tarvixio Sido recently told a story in Dialectic class about famous philosophers Chauranglaith and Oleapia, and one of their lesser-known contemporaries that nevertheless managed to make some form of name for himself - Naxum - and now you're going with Sima to visit the biggest claim to fame that Naxum has (left): The Forum of Naxum, named after him by the Emperor that had the forum build for reasons you're not entirely clear on. You were half-asleep during practically all of your classes today and anything that happened during the break, but apparently one of those two involved a professor nearly reprimanding you and Sima rescuing you with the offer of visiting the Forum of Naxum. You don't remember that at all, personally, but you're pretty sure it's not Sima pulling a ridiculous amount of wool over your eyes...you think. Thankfully the Forum of Naxum is very easy to find, it's prominently displayed on most maps of Mineta's Upper City, so all it takes is a quick walk.

Once you arrive you'll admit you're impressed with how the building looks. A bit more run down than you'd expect from an important landmark, maybe, but otherwise suitably impressive. Checking a schedule posted on the wall it seems like the last debate ended just two minutes ago, and the next one is scheduled to begin in three. "Do you want to hang around for a minute or two or do you want to go looking for seats immediately?" Sima asks.

"I don't see a reason to stand around here for two minutes rather than sit down for three. Let's go in and find some good seats."

Sima nods and you both walk inside, noticing much to your disappointment that the best seats are already taken. Thankfully Sima manages to spot some less than ideal, but still perfectly functional seats, so the two of you walk up to them and sit down. A moment later someone sits down in the seat next to you, and surprisingly enough it's someone you recognise. At least you're pretty sure you couldn't mistake someone with those part human, part satyr hooves legs and fay-ish glint in his eyes. "Fancy meeting you here, Marcell," you quietly say as he sits down. "You're also here to listen to the debates?"

Marcell nods, and you can see Sima looking between the two of you a bit curiously. "Marcell Chalutier, pleased to meet you," he quietly says to Sima.

"Sima Venesico. You two already know each other?" she asks with a very curious expression on her.

Marcell nods. "Long story, and the debate's about to begin. Perhaps you two want to grab a drink afterwards?"

Sima nods as her curious expression makes way for a very wide grin. Apparently she's not interested in your input, but you imagine that after listening to this debate you could go for a drink, so you nod as well. Right on cue an official-looking person steps onto the stage and motions the audience to silence, which quickly quiets down what little noise you could hear from people talking amongst each other, and with nothing short of reverence he introduces the two speaker who will be defending their respective positions - Fidwes Boidof, who will argue that a focussed old Elumian language course should be introduced into the Academagia curriculum, and Owick Jao, who will instead argue that a broad and primarily modern language course should be introduced into the Academagia curriculum. As the two speakers walk up onto the stage and politely bow before the audience you wonder how much Legate [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Orso Orsi hears of these debates. You've never heard of these two before and you don't think they're going to reach the Legate and convince him to change the courses like this. Are they just practising for if and when they do manage to, somehow, get an audience with the Legate? Are they hoping that, if they convince enough people, that word will eventually reach him? You're not sure. Regardless the debate's about to start, so what are you going to do?

Listen intently.

From the very start of the debate it's clear that these two are not only professional public speakers, but that this is far from the first time they've done this. It's rather impressive to see how the two argue for their respective positions, and it's kept interesting because their positions, though different, are nevertheless similar. Neither side could make a sweeping claim like "the study of language is useless", because they're throw a spell at their own foot if they did, so they both have to carefully word their arguments to make sure they don't play into the other's hands. And you can tell that they are both very, very good at that despite both sides trying to trap or trip the other at least a dozen times. The arguments they put forth are also interesting things to consider on their own, if a bit over your head at times. You've certainly heard about certain spells using vocal components, if only to aid in concentration, but you've never heard about how those spells interact with people who use different languages to express the same ideal. That both debaters can't agree on how that interaction works doesn't help your already confused mind, either. The speaker arguing for Elumian classes especially has some far-reaching though logically sound ideas on how old Elumian, being an ancient language that other languages have at bare minimum taken stuff from, interacts with spells that are usually practised with one of it's "ancestor" languages. An interesting and enlightening debate, all things told, but you feel like you're going to have to stop by a library and Professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Tarvixio Sido before you're able to fully tell fact from fiction again.

When the debate ends, without a clear "winner", as it were, the two speakers each step out and the official-looking person announces that the next debate will be held in five minutes. You, however, have sat around and listed to two people speak mostly over your head enough for one day, so you turn to look at [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico and Marcell. "So, drink?"

"So, drink." Sima repeats.

"Alright, do you two have a place in mind?" Marcell asks. Sima shakes her head, and a covert (and entirely unnecessary) kick to your ankle later you shake your own head. "In that case, follow me. I know where to get a good drink for a reasonable price."

Sima falls in line behind Marcell, still with that curious look on her face, and you follow Marcell like a normal person would. He ends up taking you to an inn that doubles as a bar and restaurant, although obviously you're not here for the first part. After you take a seat a servant shows up to ask for orders, and everyone ends up ordering a glass of grape juice. Taking a peek at the menu you do have to agree with Marcell, though - the prices here are pretty great. Too great, in fact...

"The cook has a mage on staff," Marcell suddenly says, presumably in response to you frowning at the menu. "It's actually part of a much bigger family business, I'm told, so they can enjoy all the wonders of having mages on staff with none of the downsides like prohibitive employee expenses. Well, education can be expensive, but apparently even that's not a big deal when you can apprentice under your uncle for a few years."

"You seem to know quite a bit about this establishment." Sima says with a very curious tone and an even more curious smile. Really, you're not sure how to describe it. Your best guess is "seductive", but that's clearly not right...

"Penny-pinching is a skill that most people learn when they don't attend something as grand as the Academagia," Marcell says with no hint of jealously or resentment at all. "Of course it just becomes ironic when it's those same high and mighty mages - no offence to either of you - that makes my job so much easier." You take another look at the prices on the menu and you have to agree. It's not excessive, but prices here are definitely a step below what you normally see.

"None taken..." Sima says with that same bizarre look and smile.

"Sorry for asking, Marcell, but do you have something against those 'high and might mages', as you call them?"

Marcell shakes his head. "We all have a place and a part to play, as...my parents like to say. Those who look towards the sky and see people rather than birds do so because they've dug a hole for themselves, as well. And I imagine that life at the Academagia isn't always the glamorous high-society gathering that some make it out to be."

"You could say that..." Sima answers, not taking her eyes off of Marcell for a moment even as her drink arrives and she starts taking sips from it. You take a drink from your own glass of juice and comment on how, for all the magic and everything else flying around the Academagia, the cooks would be hard-pressed to actually serve a drink that tastes as good as the grape juice you've all ordered. Sima agrees, and the three of you spend a few more minutes (and drinks...) talking about the Academagia and how people's expectations of it aren't always entirely accurate.
--- -1 Diction, -1 Elumian, +1 Logic, +1 Oratory, +1 random Rhetoric ×2 ---

 

Just kinda watch the two speakers do their job. Languages don't interest you that much.

From the very start of the debate it's clear that these two are not only professional public speakers, but that this is far from the first time they've done this. That said you can't bring yourself to care overly much about languages, let stand the prospect of having actual classes full of homework for them, so you let most of the arguments and counter-arguments just fly past you. It's still instructive to see how professional these two are with how they're presenting their sides and how they respect the other enough to not interrupt and allow the other the time to speak, despite their differing (though still somewhat similar, you note) views. Still an interesting way to spend the day, you think.

When the debate ends, without a clear "winner", as it were, the two speakers each step out and the official-looking person announces that the next debate will be held in five minutes. You, however, have sat around and listed to two people speak mostly over your head enough for one day, so you turn to look at [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico and Marcell. "So, drink?"

"So, drink." Sima repeats.

"Alright, do you two have a place in mind?" Marcell asks. Sima shakes her head, and a covert (and entirely unnecessary) kick to your ankle later you shake your own head. "In that case, follow me. I know where to get a good drink for a reasonable price."

Sima falls in line behind Marcell, still with that curious look on her face, and you follow Marcell like a normal person would. He ends up taking you to an inn that doubles as a bar and restaurant, although obviously you're not here for the first part. After you take a seat a servant shows up to ask for orders, and everyone ends up ordering a glass of grape juice. Taking a peek at the menu you do have to agree with Marcell, though - the prices here are pretty great. Too great, in fact...

"The cook has a mage on staff," Marcell suddenly says, presumably in response to you frowning at the menu. "It's actually part of a much bigger family business, I'm told, so they can enjoy all the wonders of having mages on staff with none of the downsides like prohibitive employee expenses. Well, education can be expensive, but apparently even that's not a big deal when you can apprentice under your uncle for a few years."

"You seem to know quite a bit about this establishment." Sima says with a very curious tone and an even more curious smile. Really, you're not sure how to describe it. Your best guess is "seductive", but that's clearly not right...

"Penny-pinching is a skill that most people learn when they don't attend something as grand as the Academagia," Marcell says with no hint of jealously or resentment at all. "Of course it just becomes ironic when it's those same high and mighty mages - no offence to either of you - that makes my job so much easier." You take another look at the prices on the menu and you have to agree. It's not excessive, but prices here are definitely a step below what you normally see.

"None taken..." Sima says with that same bizarre look and smile.

"Sorry for asking, Marcell, but do you have something against those 'high and might mages', as you call them?"

Marcell shakes his head. "We all have a place and a part to play, as...my parents like to say. Those who look towards the sky and see people rather than birds do so because they've dug a hole for themselves, as well. And I imagine that life at the Academagia isn't always the glamorous high-society gathering that some make it out to be."

"You could say that..." Sima answers, not taking her eyes off of Marcell for a moment even as her drink arrives and she starts taking sips from it. You take a drink from your own glass of juice and comment on how, for all the magic and everything else flying around the Academagia, the cooks would be hard-pressed to actually serve a drink that tastes as good as the grape juice you've all ordered. Sima agrees, and the three of you spend a few more minutes (and drinks...) talking about the Academagia and how people's expectations of it aren't always entirely accurate.
--- +1 Debate ---

 

 

Random Event Marcell 5:

 

Today finds you running a quick errant for Professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Rieulle Chastellain - an instrument that he custom-ordered is finished and ready to be picked up. Unfortunately he's had to step in for another professor that was organising some manner of school band performance you haven't heard of, because said professor suddenly came down with a nightmarish fever (something to do with too much Glamour, you weren't really paying attention) and so you've been send to pick up the instrument in the professor's stead. You'd complain about being drafted into doing pointless busywork, but truth be told just about every first- and second-year student that the professor could get a hand on has been ordered around just like you. And honestly, this errant means you drew one of the long straws. Some students are stuck cleaning out and fine-tuning the school's harpsichord before transporting it all the way to the Dimmae Theater. Going into town and picking up a package from a store is nothing by comparison. Unless the instrument in question is gigantic, but you're pretty sure you wouldn't have been send out alone if that's the case - at least three students are going to be involved with the harpsichord, and possibly a professor, as well.

Following the directions that Professor Chastellain wrote down for you you end up arriving at Kilithandrons Dexaba. Most of it's stock is normal instruments, but the shop does have a few more impressive pieces for sale and it does occasionally handle the odd magical instrument, though those have to be custom-ordered. Which is what the professor has done. Apparently there's also a lot of nonsense that gets involved with those custom orders, something about guild rules and some manner of agreement with the Academagia and whatnot, but you weren't really paying attention to when Professor Chastellain babbled on about that. Just a good indicator of his nerves, really. Either way you open the door, and a little bell rings as you step into the shop. A man standing inside the shop stops dusting a shelf and turns to look at you. "Ah, can I help you?" he says with a slightly scattered voice.

You nod and ask where mister Dexaba is, and the man puts down his duster and slides behind the counter. "That'd be me you're looking for. Are you looking for something specific?"

You nod and give the man Professor Chastellain's note, explaining why he can't come and pick up his order personally. Dexaba slowly reads it and very briefly gives you a very suspicious glance, but come the end he puts the letter down on the counter. "Unfortunate, but thankfully he's had the foresight to pay for it in advance. One moment." Dexaba, while keeping an eye on you, walks to a door behind the counter and yells "Marcell! Professor Chastellain is here!"

You'd comment on the fact that you're not quite a music professor, but the mention of Marcell catches you off guard. Sure enough, stepping out of the back of the shop with a neatly wrapped package is Marcell Chalutier, who looks at you a bit curiously as he puts it down on the counter. "So is this one of those 'magic gone wrong' situations that I keep hearing the locals talk about, or are you significantly older than you appear?" Marcell asks with a sly grin on his face.

You just shake your head while Dexaba looks over the package and double-checks to make sure it's properly wrapped and tied. "Is this a friend of yours, Marcell?" he asks while giving the boy a very menacing look.

Marcell looks at you with a confused, almost vacant expression for a second, and then turns back to look at Dexaba, looking like his usual cheerful self. "We've certainly met before, though not under conditions that'd make me think [Character]Character/Self's a professor at the Academagia."

"I'm just here to pick this up for Professor Chastellain, actually. He's...well, let's just say that work happened. A lot of work..."

Marcell shrugs, and Dexaba finishes tying down a few extra strings. It's going to take a knife to open that package now, probably. "Okay, she's packed up nice and tight. Now, do you think you're going to need Marcell's help to carry it to the Academagia or can you do that on your own?" You curiously look at Dexaba, and he invites you to test the package's weight. You do, and it's indeed heavier than it looks. Carrying this all the way to the Academagia would be a strenuous task, but...

"Can't I just use my wand to carry this?"

Dexaba glares at you. "And risk breaking it? Do you have any idea how valuable this instrument is!? You'll be in detention for months if your professor doesn't get it in one piece!"

You slowly turn to look at Marcell, curious if he has anything to add, and after casting a glance at Dexaba he says, "I know it must seem like it defeats the purpose of studying magic if you're not able to use it, but suffice to say that instruments like these aren't produced often and they're rather expensive. Not to mention, the instrument itself is magical to some degree, and I couldn't tell you whether your floatation spell might interfere with that."

"Not at all, unless it's a really shoddy enchantment," you clarify.

Marcell shrugs. "If you say so. All the same I can help carry it, if you'd prefer."

Eh, if he's offering.

No reason to turn down a helping hand when it's being offered, you suppose. If only to get Dexaba off your back. "Fine, go ahead and give me a hand with this, than."

With Dexaba looking at the two of you with the first look of approval you've seen on him you help hoist the package onto Marcell's back, who seems to be doing well enough. He's definitely feeling the weight, but it's not bothering him. Yet, at least. "I take it you know the quickest route to the Academagia?" you ask.

"It's a fairly difficult building to miss," Marcell says with a thin smile. "Still, if you know a quicker path, by all means, lead the way."

No offence to Marcell, but you're pretty sure you're more familiar with the path to the Academagia, so you take the lead. It should be a fairly short trip even with the extra load, but you have enough time to make small talk with Marcell anyway. So you ask him why he was in that shop, anyway. "Part-time job," he answers with a neutral tone. You can sense that there's more to it, but you're not sure if you should pry. Well, nothing else to do while you're directing Marcell through a number of less-used streets, so you ask him what all he does at the store. "Mostly just cleaning and inventory, not that I'm any good at the latter. Especially string instruments need to be cleaned very carefully, lest they get out of tune, so that's my job. Although I also fine-tune instruments every now and again."

"I take it you're pretty familiar with instruments given your, eh, usual occupation?"

Marcell nods. "Definitely, and I do play an instrument myself, if not professionally. That's why I'm just a dancer for that street performer group. Of course we can't perform all the time, so we take on odd jobs in between performance days."

"Really, 'performance days'? Can't you just go to a park or square and play music? I mean so long as you don't cause a public disturbance it's not a problem, isn't it?"

You can tell from Marcell's expression that this may not be his favorite topic to talk about, but you're curious. "I...don't really concern myself with the details of why we play on certain days and why not on others. I'm just the dancer, the others tell me when and where we're performing." You can definitely tell from Marcell's expression that that statement's only half-true, at most, but you can also tell that you're delving into an uncomfortable topic. So it's probably past time to change it. Not that you're entirely sure what to change it to, but Marcell seemed to enjoy himself in Dexaba's shop, so you ask if it's fun to work there. Even before answering you can tell that Marcell doesn't mind that topic as much. "Mister Dexaba can be a handful sometimes, but it helps keep the peace. He's also not afraid to do his own grunt work, as I'm sure you've noticed, so he's not a bad man to work for. Just don't upset him."

"Yeah, I noticed. Especially that last part."

Marcell can't help but chuckle at that. "Well, in fairness, your professor paid through the nose for this instrument. Though, he actually probably bought it on the school's behalf. Still, maybe if you ever get really good with a violin you'll get the chance to play on it yourself."

You thought the package was violin-shaped, but you weren't sure. There's more than one instrument that can look roughly like that. "So it's a violin? The professor actually wasn't clear on what it was, just that it was an instrument. Like I said, a lot of work happened."

Marcell looks at you a bit curiously for a second, but the expression doesn't last long. "It is, a special-crafted Satyr one. Not that it'll compel people to dance, mind you, but it's a good instrument. And I've been told it's easy to cast Glamours on it, but I'm not really sure what that means. It's why I mentioned your floatation spell possible messing with it, earlier."

You know that Marcell isn't studying magic at the Academagia, so things that are part of your homework are probably some of the greatest mysteries to him, but all the same you can't help but shake your head at that. "You don't make things float with a Glamour, Marcell. You'd use Revision or Negation, maybe even Incantation for that. It being attuned to Glamour just means that...say if you wanted to cast a spell on it to make sure that an entire theatre's audience could clearly hear it, it'd be easier to cast that spell on this than a regular instrument. Glamour is about senses and perception, not physical stuff."

"So the stories I heard about people melting snow with a Glamour fire?"

You shrug. "Addendum: In general Glamour only covers how people perceive something, or how something is perceived. The stories you've heard are true, or can be true at least, but that's...honestly that's something that even I haven't been taught yet. I'm only a first year, after all." Marcell nods, but you're not done yet. "Actually Marcell, I'm surprised you don't know anything about Glamour. I mean if you're part of a Satyr street performer group I'd expect that you'd know at least a little about it. Or do Satyrs not use Glamour at all?"

"I guess not as you understand it," Marcell says with that same "uncomfortable topic" face as before. "Honestly I don't understand exactly what they do, either. Only that they don't do much of it because otherwise the guards would arrest and possibly hang them, and I've never seen them wave a wand around, either."

You'd ask whether Marcell even wants to know, but as you look around a turn you see the Great Gate coming into view. "Well, there's the Academagia. So...where do we go from here?"

"Didn't your professor give you specific instructions on where he wants this instrument delivered?" Marcell asks.

You think back and...no, he didn't as far as you recall. Although that could be because you spaced out during half of his explanation. That's a bit unfortunate. "Well...no. And since he could be anywhere from here to the Dimnae so, I, eh...well, how about we carry the thing to his office and leave it there? I don't know whether this was a personal purchase or something he bought on the school's behalf, but either way it should be safe there, and if he needs it he'd certainly know where to find it."

You can see that Marcell already regrets this idea, but he certainly couldn't think of a better one consider he's on unfamiliar territory. "I suppose. Is there going to be a problem with me carrying this thing around actual Academagia ground?"

You shake your head. "Visitors are allowed from dawn to dusk and I've had couriers deliver stuff right to my dorm room plenty of times before. So long as you don't go where you shouldn't it won't be a problem, and I know how to get to Professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Rieulle Chastellain's office without trekking through the Venalicium's Forbidden Section."

Marcell gives you a curious look for a second, probably because he's wondering whether there really is a path to the professor's office through the Forbidden Section (there's not, as far as you know) and why you'd know it, but he doesn't ask about it. Instead he nods and says, "Alright, lead the way. Again." You do, leading Marcell past the guards at the Great Gate without any word said by either of them, and leading Marcell into the main building and through a number of hallways you soon reach the professor's office. Marcell was marvelling at every wall and person you passed by the entire time, even though he tried not to show it. He might not be jealous of the Academagia's students and staff, but he sure is intrigued by it. You knock on the professor's door, on the off chance that he's in, and you actually hear his voice telling you to come in. That simplifies matters greatly. You open the door and step aside, letting Marcell walk past you with the instrument still being carried on his back.

Professor Chastellain looks surprised for all of half a second. "Ah, that must be the violin I ordered. Please, put it down there," he says while pointing at a corner of his office that looks suspiciously clean. Marcell, with your help, carefully puts down the package and he turns to the professor. "Thank you for ordering from Kilithandrons Dexaba, we hope you'll continue to use our business in the future."

"No need for the spiel, lad. I've been a regular customer of theirs for over a decade now," the professor excitedly says as he steps up from behind his desk with a knife drawn. Admittedly that knife is a letter opener and it's clearly to cut the strings tying the package together, but still, for just a moment you say this crazy picture of the professor stepping forward to murder Marcell with that satisfied grin on his face. Maybe he's not the only one that's stressed out because of this school band mess. Marcell, his part clearly done, excuses himself and starts to step out, pausing for a moment to tell you that he remembers the way. You nod to him and look at the professor, still trying to puzzle out what that bizarre vision of Professor Chastellain the axe-crazy killer was, while he carefully cuts the ties and opens the package. Inside is, true to Marcell's word, a beautifully crafted violin, complete with a pair of...eh, blunt saw-like things to play it. you've forgotten the official name. "Ah, beautiful!" the professor exclaims as he picks up the violin and looks it over. "Perfect, that'll complete the school band's line-up. Excellent timing on-oh, you're still here, [Character]Character/Self? Sorry, did you need something?"

You snap out of your increasingly more deranged visions and look at the professor, probably more panicked and confused than you should. "N-no, professor, I just, eh, I was just curious about...the instrument. Marcell mentioned something about...that it's easily manipulated with a Glamour."

As expected the professor gives you a curious once-over, but you compose yourself quickly enough. "Well, that's true, though I actually couldn't really explain to you how that was done. Maybe you should ask Professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Matain Leith about it? Or even Regent [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Giovanni di Lucca Alazzo, if he has the time. This little beauty was crafted and enchanted by Satyrs, so rest assured that it's not made strictly according to what you'd find in one of your Enchantment textbooks."

You nod, not really feeling comfortable in this room anymore, thank the professor for his advice, and leave. It occurs to you that Satyrs seems to be a very common theme when Marcell is involved, though he's never really clarified or said anything on the subject. Maybe you're just not inquisitive enough? Ah, no matter. If it's ever important you'll just ask. Right now you clearly need to go to your dorm room and take a quick nap...
--- +1 Conversation ---

 

Endurance. You can carry this yourself. (Fitness/V4)

You take another look at the package and ask, "Marcell, could you help me lift this thing onto my back? It'll be easier to carry, that way." Marcell does as asked, and with the package safely resting against your back you think that you'll be able to carry this all the way to the Academagia. Dexaba of course questions you excessively on whether you're sure that you can, but after far too much effort you're able to convince him that you'll be fine. Marcell doesn't bother arguing the point after his employer finally gives up, so after far too long you start on your trek back to the Academagia.

You get a little over halfway before you realize that there's nothing stopping you from putting the thing down and casting a levitation spell on it, now that there's no one around to get on your case over it. But you've come so far that you might as well finish up at this point, so while mentally chiding yourself you continue walking. It's a relatively short and uninteresting walk to the Academagia, and from there towards Professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Rieulle Chastellain's office, but you manage without collapsing. You definitely decide to take a break for a few minutes afterwards, but you've proven that Dexaba didn't need to be so worried, and that's an achievement in your mind.
--- +1 Brute Strength ---

 

You shake your head and say, "I can carry this myself, thank you very much." Just to prove it you carefully pick up the package and let the weight rest on your palms, but you can tell that trying to carry this all the way to the Academagia isn't going to happen without putting it down at least once. Dexaba and Marcell are both giving you the odd eye, and with a sigh you put the package back down. "Fine, fine, I guess I'll need a hand with transporting this manually. I attend a school for mages, not body-builders, alright?"

Dexaba looks at you incredibly sceptically before saying, with an entirely genuine-sounding wistful tone, "I suppose most of the Godina students that shop here have spoiled me on musicians that can actually manage to pass an Athletics test on the side."

Yeah, you don't have a counter for that.

"All the same I'd be happy to lend a hand. You can start carrying, [Character]Character/Self, I'll take over when you're tired." Not wanting to stay here any longer than is necessary after that incredible burn you nod, pick up the package again and walk out the store with Marcell on your heels. Unfortunately the whole carrying thing becomes a point of pride for you after the proprietor's remark, and you end up carrying the thing a bit longer than you should. By the time you finally let Marcell have his turn you're noticing a sharp pain in one of your legs. "That's what happens when you rely on your lower leg too much, [Character]Character/Self," Marcell says as he looks at you rubbing your leg. You're about to ask Marcell if he's an expert on how legs work, but considering that his primary job appears to be dancing with a satyr street performer group, who are notorious for playing music that compel you to dance until you drop, you're going to assume that Marcell actually does know what he's talking about. Even with those weird legs of his.

A fact that, much to your chagrin, doesn't appear to escape Marcell's notice.

After that it's a fairly quick and simple trip back to the Academagia, and after dropping off the package at professor [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Rieulle Chastellain's office you slink off to your room and start trying to dull the pain with some direct application of magic.
--- -1 Vitality, +1 Endurance ---

 

Hopefully Marcell makes a good impression through these events, though as per usual, I promise nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Metis, but unless the first RE triggers early, the odds are you won't see any of the others which would be a waste.

 

If the team like them I would suggest making the trigger event automatic on one weekend in the first few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's indeed an unfortunate side-effect of gating one event behind another, but there's little I can do about that. I certainly won't force the initial event to trigger early myself, as that could cause problems.

 

And not to rain on my own (possible) parade here, but I don't think the Team would consider it that important. Heck, there's one event that has only a seven-day window to trigger: Random Event - Early Days at Aranaz. Athonos 2nd to Athonos 9th. Which is a great shame, because it probably explains why Lambert and Aymeri don't get along and it's hilarious. I highly encourage any Aranaz fans to read it in the mod tools if they can't get it to trigger ingame. I also recall there being an introduction to Calligraphy class RE that only triggers on Juvenalia or Athonos 1st, but I can't seem to find it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...this event. I'm not sure what to say about this event. Random Event Student - Lambert 2:

 

You're sitting on a park bench, taking a break from today's activities when suddenly [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo walks up to you. He looks both excited and terrified at the same time, although if there's a reason why he does it's not apparent. With an almost ghostly monotone voice he says, "[Character]Character/Self, I need a favor."

You're starting to get concerned. This is well beyond normal levels for Lambert. "Hey, come and sit down. You look like you're about to pass out."

Lambert sighs and does so, allowing you to get a closer look at him. His face does look a bit pale, and you're starting to suspect his favor is going to involve a trip to the infirmary. The truth, however, is anything but. "I...can you keep a secret, [Character]Character/Self? A very important secret?"

You nod.

"In give or take an hour a very important debate is going to be held in the Forum of Naxum. Someone from Pievre is going to debate against an as-of-yet unnamed individual about the merit of the continuation of the Gates ban." Your eyebrows nearly fly off your head as Lambert continues, visibly improving now that he's getting it off his chest. "I haven't heard the details about how that got arranged - apparently a Merilien spy and at least three diplomats are involved somehow, don't even bother asking me how - but it's going to happen. Of course it's been scheduled on the same day as the newly-introduced No One Enters The Forum of Naxum Without Special Permission day, but I want to listen to it. Somehow....I want to sneak into the Forum and listen to that debate."

You quickly contact an airship captain to recover your missing eyebrows and re-attached them to your head before responding to Lambert's parcel of information. "Seriously!? How is no one talking about that?"

"Oh, they are," Lambert says with a knowing look. "Just not where others can hear them. 'Specially little first-years like us, but of course I've been listening in anyway. Rumors indicate that a lot of important people are attending, Legate [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Orso Orsi included. It might just be some sort of political move to cover for something or another, heck it's certain to be a political move on some level, but still...even if this isn't the start of something big, I want to see it."

You stare blankly at Lambert for what feels like forever before your brain is finally done processing that information. "I...that favor you mentioned? You want me to help you...sneak into the Forum?"

Lambert nods, looking significantly better than he did a moment ago. "I actually need your help smuggling Piers into the building. Piers Pontifex, my Familiar, I mean. I've made sure that he can listen to the debate for me - don't ask me how - but I just know that he wouldn't be able to sneak in on his own. Or swashbuckle in on his own, because that's certainly what he'd try without me around. I'd go myself, but let's just say that a certain regent caught me in the wrong bathroom recently and I'm expecting that she's keeping some manner of eye on me."

Ignoring the urge to advice Lambert to stick to snooping around areas where he'd have at least a theoretical reason to be, mostly because you know it'd be wasted effort, you look at Piers nervously whipping his head around while his fur is being stroked by Lambert. It does seem to calm him down, but if you had to guess you'd still say that the Familiar is feeling nervous. "If worst comes to worst you could just create a distraction for him, you don't have to stay and listen to the debate yourself if you don't want to," Lambert says. "But you are going to have to get him into the building. The guards there were probably warned about seemingly random animals possibly being Familiars, though even if not they'd likely not appreciate a rat running into the Forum anyway. Especially not on this day."

Fair enough, you think, especially with how Piers looks far too clean and groomed to be just a random street rat. But do you actually want to do this? If you're caught in the wrong place you're liable to get grabbed by a guard and escorted back to the Academagia for demerits and a reprimand. On the other side just getting Piers into the building shouldn't be too hard. And if you can actually manage to steal a seat for yourself...obviously this individual from Pievre isn't going to say or do anything that's illegal. Him actively teaching Gates wouldn't be tolerated no matter what the circumstances. But still, it could be a very interesting debate to listen to. So what will you do?

"You'd trust an Aranaz student to help you?" (PC in College Icanicix)

"I mean, no offence, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo, but you've kind of caused a lot of trouble for my College and I'm sure that we've caused you at least one headache in turn. Can you really trust me with something like this?"

Lambert actually glares at you. "You're really going to let your robe get in the way of helping a fellow student when it matters most? This debate could be the first page in an entirely new chapter of history! I don't care if you're Aranaz or Durand or, hell, Icanicix if you're willing to go that far. We all go to the Academagia to study magic, don't we? Shouldn't we help each other with that, if we're given the chance? Or do you really think that who manages to turn the other's bathroom into an indoor fountain matters more?"

Grimacing a bit at the idea of someone turning a bathroom into an indoor fountain you look Lambert over with a heavy feeling. There's definitely a rivalry between College Aranaz and Durand. A heated one. Heated to the point where even if two people from the Colleges manage to become friends, they don't tend to be friends for long. And you know Lambert wouldn't even consider backing down from his spying activities just because someone from Aranaz claimed to be his friend. At the same time, you're not sitting in either Aranaz' or Durand's Common Room. Lambert isn't asking you to smuggle his Familiar into your Regent's office. This isn't a matter of either College. And Lambert, for every time he's snuck into your College or tried to foil some manner of Aranaz plot, he's caused other Colleges headaches just as much. Not as often, but it's honestly debatable whether that's because there's more Aranaz plots to foil than there are (forbidden) secret societies in Avila that Lambert can discover and have shut down, or whether because he has something against your College personally. He's certainly got something against [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Aymeri Couer, but as far as you know that's more of a personal matter than a College matter. Than again, if they'd be in the same College...maybe they'd be able to work together?

There's also the fact that if you assist Lambert with this, than even if your robes demand that he's your rival, you'll have proven that he can trust you with things. Perhaps not with Durand plots, but that given a similar situation, he can trust you. Despite your colors, you can stand by his team and work against a common enemy. It's making you think of King Aranaz. He certainly worked to gain the trust of the Dragons before turning that trust against them at the singularly worst possible time, and you've often heard your fellow Aranaz students say that without King Aranaz' betrayal, King Durand would not have won his war. Durand students don't even all deny that fact, necessarily - they just claim that King Aranaz shouldn't be held in as high regard as King Durand because the former was a traitor, if admittedly one that betrayed the Enemies of Man, rather than the race of Man itself.

Two supposed enemies, secretly working together to fight a common foe. Whether that's the Pievre speaker, in this case, or the people that stand against him...or even Lambert himself, for doing something that he really shouldn't. This situation really is making you think. Who can you trust, and who's side should you take? What would King Aranaz do...
--- Try again. This is just here for Aranaz students who naturally wouldn't trust Lambert so quickly, though the event requires no rivalry and relationship 3+ to trigger ---

 

You'd rather not get involved with this.

You look sceptically at [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo and shake your head. "Sorry to disappoint you, but...I really don't feel comfortable with doing this. Gates magic...well, I'm sure you know."

Lambert nods, and while he points out that obviously the debater from Pievre isn't going to say or do anything that's outright illegal you still shake your head. This is just making you too uncomfortable, and you don't want to get caught being involved with something like this. "Alright, I can't blame you if you feel that way," Lambert says, indeed like he doesn't blame you. "I'll see if I can find another way, or someone else to help me. Still, thanks for hearing me out, [Character]Character/Self. I'll admit, I do feel better now that I've gotten it off of my chest."

"I've noticed," you say as you look Lambert over. He nods, and with that he walks off. You make a point to avoid the area around the Forum of Naxum for today, possibly tomorrow as well.
--- +1 Intrigue ---

 

Ethics. Chide Lambert for getting involved with this. (Charm/v5)

"You shouldn't involve yourself with this at all, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo. It's way too dangerous, and you're not going to get as much from it as you might think." Lambert begins to question you on the supposed dangers of Gates magic, but you cut him off. "I'm not taking about magic, Lambert, I'm talking about you risking your Familiar to listen in on that debate you weren't invited to. What do you expect to gain from this?"

"Information," Lambert answers quite simply. "You might not have heard, but in Pievre these debates on the merits of Gates magic and the ban thereof are actually held...well, I wouldn't say 'frequently', but there's a noticeable question among the higher educated about this subject that is semi-publicly talked about. I assume that the speaker from Pievre plans to try and fan the flames of a call for a Gates unban here in Mineta, which would be significant if it took hold because of the presence of the Academagia here, and that he will try to do so by calling the reason why Gates was banned in first place into question. That is the first step for one possible path to a Gates unban, and considering the man's situation it's the one he'll most likely try."

"And why do you think Pievre would care about that, or do you think it's strictly an organizational or even a personal issue?"

Lambert snorts. "Oh, it is definitely not a personal issue. If Pievre was to unban Gates independently they'd draw more hatred than a nest of Dragons. Of course I can't say for sure whether they want to, but considering that they're talking about it and no other part of the old Empire is, you can guess in which direction the wind is blowing." You look at Lambert sceptically, but he just seems even more smug because of it. "I'm in Dialectic and Rhetoric, [Character]Character/Self, I may not be an expert but I can see the writing on the wall."

"I suppose you're free to believe that, but let me ask you one thing, Lambert: Do you think that guy from Pievre is going to succeed?"

Lambert shrugs. "That's one of the things I want to find out. He's sure to bring every argument in the book to the table to try and prove his point, and whether he succeeds or not it's going to be interesting information. I don't know what political mess happened to make this happen, but I doubt that Pievre will be content with just a chance to speak. They want to have a point proven, and they're willing to accept just the chance to do so."

You shake your head. "You're missing the point here, Lambert. Even if this guy manages to successfully discredit the stated reason why Gates was banned - and you can be sure that whoever is going to argue against him is going to try just as hard as he will - the powers that be will just point to one of the other reasons and hammer that point into the ground if any word about an unban comes up. Why Gates was banned doesn't matter to anyone unless they're in History class, which you're not, what matters is whether it's illegal or not. And that definitely goes beyond this debate."

"How can you be so sure of that?" Lambert asks.

"Because the powers that be want it to stay banned. You can argue whether that's because they want all the power to themselves or whether they're crazy or whether they know something we don't or something else entirely, but the point is that no one with power is calling for an unban. That guy can argue all he wants against the stated reason why it was banned, unless he manages to convince the power that be to push for an unban it's at best going to amount to an historical footnote. Even if, for whatever crazy reason, the many people who couldn't tell a Gates spell from a Revision get convinced that Gates was banned for false reasons and rebel because they feel it should be unbanned it'll only take a single zombie infestation to get them to change their mind. This debate won't amount to anything, Lambert. At most it's just a warning that someone up top is slipping, and the last thing you want is to put yourself into a position where you can be caught and dressed up as a convenient scapegoat."

Lambert curiously looks you over for what feels like a very long time before finally nodding to himself. "You know, there may be something to what you've said. Perhaps...I'll be spending these next two hours in the Academagia."

"You do that, Lambert," you say as he stands up and walks off, towards the Academagia. You're not sure whether he really won't get curious, but you don't especially care, either, you feel like you've said your piece. You resume your business until, several hours later, you run into Regent [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Polisena Briardi rather out of the blue. She greets you with a raspier voice than usual, but she looks normal otherwise. Of course from the way she's staring at you it's clear that she's got something to say, even though it sounds like she's said more than enough already for one day.

"I heard you convinced Lambert to stay out of other people's business, for once." Her voice definitely sounds strained, but there's a smile on her face all the same.

"Eh, well, yes, I did," you say a bit nervously, until suddenly a very reasonable question occurs to you. "Wait, you mean...how did you even hear about that? Did Lambert mention it?"

Regent Briardi shakes her head. "Like I don't keep track of my own students, Lambert especially. Still, I'm surprised by what you said to him. You don't believe that Gates magic is dangerous, or at least as dangerous as the 'powers that be' say it is?"

You gulp, dreading the situation you've somehow gotten yourself in. "It's not that, it's just...I couldn't bring myself to tell Lambert that he was wrong in wanting to know whether the reason we're told Gates was banned is really the real reason. I don't doubt that Gates was banned for a reason, whatever that reason is, or that it's more dangerous than the magic we're taught. I'd have told him he shouldn't put himself in danger or that he shouldn't go somewhere where he's not invited instead, but I think you know how much he wouldn't have listened to that."

Regent Briardi can't help but chuckle at that, and you'll admit that does put you at ease a little. "Yes, I understand that better than you do, as much as I despite that fact sometimes. Nevertheless, thank you for getting that boy to not stick his nose into my business, even if you had to do it with less conventional arguments."

You nod, and after you watch Professor Briardi walks away you stop and wonder what all could be said about this mess. And whether you'd do well to know, at that...
--- +1 Reason, +1 Relationship with Briardi ---

 

What started as friendly advice quickly turns into a full-blown lecture, but no matter what argument you put forth it seems like [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo isn't buying it. Eventually he just stands up and leaves, saying that if you want to limit yourself you're free to do so, but he's not going to get caught off-guard just because someone got scared centuries back and decided to tell all his friends that they should be scared too. You end with yelling after Lambert to open a history book one of these days.

You'll admit that the encounter leaves you with a rotten feeling, and you spend much longer than you expect pouting on the park bench, constantly reminding yourself that Lambert has the wrong idea. Almost like you need to convince yourself, really. Did you just not express yourself correctly or what? Lambert must be an idiot not to listen to reason...

"Having trouble trying to teach an old dog new tricks, [Character]Character/Self?" You look up and see Regent [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Polisena Briardi standing in front of you, arms crossed and glare fixated on you. Her voice, though, sounds raspy, far more so than it does even after her class ends. Has she been talking non-stop for over an hour for some reason?

"I...what? You mean...wait, how do you even...?"

"Please, some professors are maintaining a betting pool on when and where Lambert will be caught next and I've made sure that the odds are in favor of him being caught sooner rather than later. I heard about you trying to warn him against sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and in this case I must thank you for the effort. Even if the result wasn't entirely what you wanted it to be."

You can't do anything but silently nod at the praise, and with a nod of her own Professor Briardi walks off. Well, at least you've managed to get someone's approval today.
--- -1 Awareness, -1 relationship with Lambert, +1 relationship with Briardi ---

 

Conceal. Agree to smuggle Piers, but do nothing more. (Finesse/v5)

You hold out your palm in front of Piers and say to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo, "Not a word about this to anyone, or they'll never find your body."

Piers leaps unto your hand and carefully climbs up your arm, until he's sitting on your shoulder. "Behave, you," Lambert tells his Familiar with a warning look. He then turns to you and says, "Naturally, I don't exactly want everyone to know about this either. Good luck, [Character]Character/Self."

You nod, stand up, and with Piers carefully walking along your shoulders and covertly sniffing your neck a few times you walk towards the Forum of Naxum, observing that while everything seems perfectly normal there's an unusually large number of guards posted. Not so many that you'd be suspicious, but definitely more than normal. That's something for Piers to worry about, though, not you. You just draw your wand and covertly create some phantom noise a bit away from the Forum, loud enough that one of the guards posted at the entrances can't help but run towards it and look, even if that means leaving his post. Piers doesn't waste any time making use of the opening and runs into the building, quickly fading out of sight. You turn around and start to walk off, but a guard walks up next to you. "Did you see anything suspicious around here?" he asks with a gruff voice.

"No?" you say, feigning confusion.

The guard nods, dismisses you and walks off towards where you were standing. Best get out of here before one shows up with the intelligence to ask you more poignant questions.
--- +1 Composure, +1 relationship with Lambert ---

 

You agree to try and smuggle Piers into the building, but while creating a distraction to draw away a guard so that Piers can run into the building you're grabbed by your robe and escorted all the way to the Academagia. The good news is that, as far as you know, you did manage to accomplish the goal you had, just not quietly. The bad news is that you got caught.

Well, you'll have fun in detention, at least.
--- -5 Merit, Reprimanded by random professor ---

 

Infiltration. Listen to the debate yourself. (Charm/v5)

You hold out your palm in front of Piers and say to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Lambert Cobo, "Not a word about this to anyone, or they'll never find your body."

Piers leaps unto your hand and carefully climbs up your arm, until he's sitting on your shoulder. "Behave, you," Lambert tells his Familiar with a warning look. He then turns to you and says, "Naturally, I don't exactly want everyone to know about this either. Good luck, [Character]Character/Self."

You nod, stand up, and with Piers carefully walking along your shoulders and covertly sniffing your neck a few times you walk towards the Forum of Naxum, observing that while everything seems perfectly normal there's an unusually large number of guards posted. Not so many that you'd be suspicious, but definitely more than normal. You imagine that the inside of the building is positively swarming with them, though. "So, any ideas on how to sneak in, Piers?", you ask the rat. It shakes his head in response, showing that Lambert did train him well, although it does appear to point it's head at one of your pockets afterwards. Naturally, it turns out he's pointing to your wand. "Well, obviously, but-"

Piers actually shakes his head, and with a paw he points to the building. Afterwards he uses his forepaws to mime touching against a window, and after that he curls his tail towards your wand. The tail, you note, is shaped vaguely like a Pheme, with how it's curled in the air like that. "So, wait, you think there's something magical cast over the building? Something like a wall?" Piers nods, and uses a paw to point to one of the guards. "An alarm spell of some kind?" you ask, and Piers nods again. You're impressed. Lambert must have been preparing for this event for a while now, a few days at least. Well, you apparently just missed the memo. You definitely don't make a point of focussing on sneaking so much that you end up in the wrong gender's bathroom, especially as often as Lambert does, that's for sure. Regardless, infiltrating this building would normally be a tall order, but it seems like even when it comes to security there's a large focus on secrecy. On not making it seem like anything out of the ordinary is going on. You don't know why, but it's an advantage you'll happily take advantage of. You walk around until you find an entrance that isn't as exposed, and by that you mean "not facing a busy street on a bright sunshiny day", and cast a quick Glamour on the one guard that's posted near it. Said guard quickly succumbs to the creeping feeling that he's got business to take care of, and you carefully make your way to the now-unguarded entrance and cast a detection spell, just to check Piers' theory. It turns out there are indeed detection spells and even a few traps around, but none so prominent or complex that you can't disable them. Really, finding them is the bigger problem. A giant, hallway-sized trap spell you couldn't miss even if you were blind and deaf, but these small ones? Yeah. It gets to the point that you're honestly questioning whether high security really would be harder to break through. You suppose it would be, but you'd also realize much faster whether you're in over your head. Here you've already bypassed a dozen spells and you're still not sure whether you got them all. And if just one of them caught you...

At least as far as you can tell none of them did, and eventually you reach the main area, where the debates are held. A few people are already seated and waiting for the event to begin, but while they definitely seem wealthy and important you can't put a name to any of their faces. Several look like they're not from this area, either. Well, you don't exactly have a seat reserved for you, but hiding here for however long this debate is going to last is just not going to happen, so you find an unimportant-looking seat and sit down in it like you have every right to. Piers decides to stay with you, although he jumps down from your shoulder into your hands, which makes it easier to hide him. And you'll admit, you just can't resist stroking his clean, smooth fur. Lambert takes good care of his Familiar, you'll give him that. As time passes and more people slowly fill the seats you start to get nervous that someone is going to question your presence, but you keep your head held high (figuratively - and only figuratively - speaking) and everyone seems to walk passed you, uninterested. One of the benefits to being a young teen, people tend to look over you. And rather literally more often that not, at that. When time slowly ticks towards the top of the hour you note to your great relief that not all the seats are filled, and a number of guards walk in to watch the various exits and entrances. Less relieving is that from one of said exits Legate [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Orso Orsi steps in, and after looking around the room with a weary expression his eyes actually land on you. You try your damnedest not to look scared and nervous - which, rest assured, you are - and with a barely-concealed smile the Legate walks over to you and casually sits down in the empty seat next to you. The few people seated around you, who were previously giving you a few questioning looks, actually appear to nod to themselves and look towards the podium, apparently no longer questioning your presence. You look at the Legate, who doesn't say anything, but he looks you over with a mischievous smile and a literal glint in his eyes until they land on Piers, trying desperately to hide himself within your hands. After that the Legate's smile widens into a full-blown predatory grin, although just then someone from the podium calls for the attention of the audience, and the Legate quickly composes himself and looks forwards with a neutral expression. You, for your part, feel like you're going to need a change of clothes after this.

"Welcome, everyone," the man, who's voice has been magically augmented so even sitting far in the back you can hear it clearly, says with a composed and very professional-sounding tone. "Nieuman von Soqier, respected History professor at the University of Pievre, will now be debating the merits of the Gates ban in favor of reviewing the reasons behind it and from there questioning whether it should be repealed. Taking a stance against questioning the Gates ban and debating in favor of maintaining the forbidden school's current legal status is Academagia high professor of Negation and Regent of College Durand's [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Polisena Briardi. Professors, you may take your positions."

Correction: You're definitely going to need a change of clothes after this! You thought Lambert didn't want to sneak in here himself because he thought Professor Briardi was keeping an eye on him, how did this happen!?

You watch with unrestrained horror as from one side of the podium a man, standing tall and proud in a plain-looking uniform, walks onto it while Regent Briardi walks up the same podium from the other side. She, too, looks to only be wearing her regular uniform, but she's also quickly scanning the crowd. It's not until Legate Orsi covertly makes a very sarcastic wave at her that she stops looking around and focusses on her opponent, although you don't know if she saw you. Needless to say that you've sunk into your seat so much that you're having trouble looking past the person sitting in front of you, and Piers has just been shaking his head constantly for the past minute. During Nieuman's opening spiel you slowly crawl back up your seat, and from there you resign yourself to intently listening in on the debate. While sitting right next to the Legate. Once your nerves finally calm down you do admit that it's a very enlightening debate. Nieuman proposes several theories on why Gates was banned, entirely unrelated to the historically stated reason of powerful mages coming together and agreeing to ban Gates because they were tired of having to deal with a decade-long zombie infestation whenever someone got a Gates spell spectacularly wrong, complete with historical precedents and supportive evidence (sadly nothing conclusive, though he definitely makes it sound that way). That said, Regent Briardi does not budge an inch. She'll happily let Nieuman go into detail about why he thinks something is true, or why something seems wrong, and she manages to slowly but surely tear down the entire argument every single time. She's definitely putting her College's focus on Dialectic to good use, questioning Nieuman not just on every detail but also on every idea, and what something means rather than just it's significance.

When it comes to debating the merits of Gates magic Professor Briardi likewise places her foot down and refuses to move it come hell or high water. Not that she denies the possible benefits of instant access to healers, medicine, and the convenience of travelling without having to worry about everything that airships have to worry about, but as the Academagia's trained Negationist she's also quick to point out every single thing that could go wrong with those spells, and with everything else that comes from Gates. And while Nieuman tries to argue that proper research and education can make those spells safe enough to use, Professor Briardi will not budge. Most words are spend on discussing something called "the curse", but unfortunately neither of them ever clarify what it actually is. You're only able to make out that apparently it's the reason why Gates can't be safe no matter how much it's researched or studied, but of course both sides can't agree on whether that's entirely true. It doesn't help that by the end every argument that's put forth on whether it is or isn't is poked at from so many angles and lifted so far above your head that you can't even pretend to follow it anymore. All you can tell by the end is that there is a great deal to say about this topic, and you imagine that if those two weren't in public they'd have a lot more to say still. After a very long and tiring two hours the debate finally ends, as everything has apparently been discussed. You don't know if Nieuman managed to convince anybody, but you're absolutely sure that if nothing else he definitely didn't manage to convince Professor Briardi. He seems pleased with himself, at least.

With the debate over the audience slowly starts to leave, and you watch as the Legate stands up and stands around, looking at Professor Briardi. You then realize that she's walking towards him, so you do the first thing that comes to mind that'll allow you to avoid the professor's gaze. Unfortunately that involves ducking under the seats. Thankfully no one is paying attention to you as you crawl around here. Your heart pounds in your chest as you can hear Professor Briardi's footsteps walk up to the Legate, and with a somewhat raspy voice she says, "Why are you all the way out here, Orsi? I thought your seat was near the front."

You continue to crawl around, looking for a place to covertly get up and start walking away really fast, while the Legate replies, "Too many people, it made me feel like I was in a meeting. So what do you think Polisena, is this 'Pievre' business going to be a problem?"

Professor Briardi sighs as heavily as you've ever heard her sigh. "The fact that this debate was tolerated at all makes me worry no matter how much diplomacy it took to make it happen. We should keep an ear on the ground and make sure we're not caught even as off-guard as we were."

Your heart leaps out of your chest for a second as the thought crosses your mind that Professor Briardi saw you and is making a very poignant joke at your expense, and the Legate jovially mentioning that he's got someone in mind for that task does not help ease that at all, but without anyone screaming your name and grabbing you by your collar you manage to stand up without being seen and quickly leave the building. You're going to assume that means Professor Briardi didn't spot you, although of course the Legate knows. Piers runs off as soon as you're back outside, you imagine he'll be able to find his way back to Lambert just fine, and you decide to start running as far away from this building as you feasibly can before someone unfortunate sees you loitering around the entrance...
--- +1 Relationship with Lambert and Orsi ---

 

You agree to smuggle Piers into the Forum, intending to listen to the debate yourself as well, unfortunately you're grabbed by a guard after sneaking into the building who thought that the student skulking around at this time was very suspicious. The good news is that the guard missed Piers, who was able to sneak further in while you were trying to deal with the guard, so you did manage to smuggle him in, at least. The bad news is that the guard has you escorted all the way back to the Academagia and hands you off to one of the guards at the Great Gate, who proceeds to waste half an hour with trying to bring you to Regent [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Polisena Briardi without being able to find her. Eventually he just gives up and instead hands you over to the first professor who's office he can find with a professor in it, which happens to be Regent [instructor]Instructor/Selection of Instructor/Sixt von Rupprecht's office.

Demerits and detention all around!
--- -5 Merit, Reprimanded by von Rupprecht ---

This event is just a pain, not in the least because much like A Dance with the Boys this is like the third version of it, but it ties into a few things that I have planned. Also, despite all the fun I was having typing out the Infiltration success text at like 2 AM (I, eh, lost track of time :blush:) I think - think - that I got her character and intent-despite-apparent-actions right considering the circumstances. And if I didn't, well, hell. 'Least I had fun with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Apologies for the series of posts, but I'm a bit nervous about editing posts and either ending up with something that's too long or something happens and I lose two RE posts and...yeah)

 

Random Event Marcell 6 (requires a date of Hionoshi 14th to Kaliri 28th), because I realized (several days late <_<) that I actually forgot something:

 

You're wandering around the Imperial Reserve, looking for a rare animal to observe or a nice piece of scenery to enjoy, when you suddenly hear a trig snap near you. Twig don't tend to snap on their own and the animals large enough to snap twigs as they walk over them (people generally included, if you'd call the occasional love-struck couple or poachers animals) don't tend to be friendly. You draw you wand, point it in the direction you heard the sound from, and slowly step closer, trying to hide and stay out of sight as much as possible.

Thankfully it seems your alarm wasn't necessary, as you end up seeing a trio of Satyrs apparently gathering firewood. That's not to say that Satyrs can't be unfriendly, but the ones that wear a full-blown ranger-esque uniform tend to be the civilized ones. Although why they'd consider a ranger's uniform high fashion you'll never understand.

"Are you here for a project, human child?" one of them asks as he turns around and sees you poking your head out. His Reneglian is near-perfect, easily able to pass for a native speaker. The other two likewise turn to look, and they all have curious looks on them. You shake your head and say you're just looking around, hoping that these three aren't going to want to bring you to a guard because this place is technically off-limits to students and it'd be a pain to walk back here even if you're not given demerits and a reprimand. A different one of the three taps the third one on his shoulder, points to you and asks, "Does [Character]Character/Self look familiar to you, too?" You raise an eyebrow in confusion, but the third Satyr actually nods after giving you a once-over, and so does the first. If you've met these three before...well, that should actually be pretty simple to figure out. You don't often run into Satyrs in Mineta or outside of it, as often as you've even been outside in Mineta these past few months, so...nothing springs to mind. Noticing that you're not recognising them one of them asks, "You're human-boy's friend, aren't you? Marcell Chalutier?"

Marcell? You definitely remember him, but...wait, these three...that street performer group consisted of three Satyrs and Marcell, didn't it? Are these three those performers? You definitely can't recognize them with their widely different outfits if they are, and what would they be doing in the Imperial Reserve? Gathering firewood, of all things. Still, the Satyrs see the recognition in your eyes and one of them says, "Now you remember! So how is human-boy? Still taking odd jobs in The City of Man?"

You're not sure why you would apparently have better knowledge of that than they do. You're likewise not sure why they're calling Marcell "human-boy" when they rather clearly know his name, although considering that Marcell has a few distinctively Satyr-like features...yeah, actually, maybe a Satyr calling him human-boy makes sense. You'd think he'd consider it an insult, you sure would, but at least it makes sense. In response to the Satyr's question you say, "I don't keep regular tabs on Marcell's activities, sorry. Anyway, you three really are the street performers I, eh, 'met' that time?" The Satyrs nod, clearing up that mystery. Funny that you should run into them here, of all places, but it gives you an opportunity if you're curious about Marcell. Or them. Or something else you can think of.

Politely excuse yourself.

There's really nothing you feel like you have to know about Marcell, these Satyrs or of who they're involved with. As such you politely excuse yourself and resume doing what you were doing, while the Satyrs do the same.

--- +1 Temperance ---

 

"Why do you call Marcell human-boy?"

"Well, he's a human-boy," one of the satyrs rather cheerfully, and rather needlessly, answers. You nod and ask what the term means, sure that it's a fair question to ask, but the satyrs actually look amongst themselves a bit nervously afterwards. Silent glances are exchanged, and eventually one says, "Well, that's not for one of us to say." You ask why, and without hesitating the satyr answers, "It's part of proper human-satyr relations, as said by Emperor Heruscus. You've heard of his speech before, right?"

You nod, not surprised that these three probably know that speech better than you do. You certainly can't remember the speech off of the top of your head or even that emperor's name more than half the time, but all the same, you nod your head. The satyr nods his head, in turn. "Part of his speech spoke of human-boys, and how we satyrs should treat them. And it said that human-boys should talk to human boys about human blood. Likewise, satyr-boys should talk to satyrs about satyr blood. Of course there's exceptions, for example's a human-boy's parents are considered proper no matter their blood, but obviously that rule doesn't apply to you." Yeah, no. It doesn't. You haven't learned nearly enough of Glamour and Revision to even attempt to convince anyone otherwise.

"Seeing as how you're obviously more familiar with Emperor Heruscus' speech than I am, and no offence in case I accidentally make a gaff here, is there some specific way, time or place how, when or where I should ask Marcell about it? If it's such a delicate subject that Emperor Heruscus specifically went into it I suspect that it might not be best if I just find Marcell and invite him over for a drink in a tavern to ask him about it. Also, to me the term actually sounds a bit insulting, so I'm not sure if should even use it."

Despite your nerves the satyrs actually seem a bit impressed, not to mention pleased that you're honestly concerned about your etiquette. "It's a normal word for us satyrs, there's human-boys and satyr-boys in every tribe at pretty much all times. Neither should take offence to the term, even if it's used by a human," one of the satyrs says. "As for talking to human-boys about them being human-boys, as I said, human-boys should talk to human boys about human blood, so if inviting them to a tavern is appropriate for humans, it should be appropriate for human-boys."

You nod, taking the information in. "And if I wanted to know about the satyr side of things? Just ask the human-boy? Ask Marcell, rather?"

The satyr nods, though he's also clearly thinking of something. A few more silent glances later one of the satyrs asks the others, "What did humans call it again? I'm sure that 'King of Chaos' festival' is supposed to be strictly a satyr name, but I can't remember the human name." Another satyr, not paying attention to your raised eyebrow, nods his head. "The proper human name is 'Festival of the Chaotic King'. Remember Heruscus' speech: Most humans do not like being associated with chaos, particularly their important historic figures and leaders that even they don't see as being associated with it, as they believe that their society is founded on chaos' antithesis - order. Hence we should refer to him as the 'Chaotic King' around humans, as that merely implies he was chaotic with his methods or created chaos through those methods, which human can agree he did, but not as the 'King of Chaos', as that can imply that chaos was his goal, which humans do not agree with." The other satyr nods and turns back to you, smiling a bit when he sees how confused you look.

"Pardon us, human child, but as our tribe's travellers, guides and merchants that mingle with the humans we must be sure to remember Emperor Heruscus' speech well. In answer to your earlier question, if you wish to know more about the satyr side of the human-boys and satyr-boys distinction you should ask Marcell to invite you to the Festival of the Chaotic King next year. It's an event we satyrs celebrate annually on Hionoshi 13th, the middle of winter, starting when the sun has nearly set. It is when we recite satyr lore to satyrs of other tribes and specially invited guests. And like how a human-boy's parents are an exception to the rule that human-boys should talk to human boys about human blood, special guests that were invited to that festival by a human-boy or a satyr-boy are an exception for that night." You think that's a silly exception with how greatly limiting it is, but if that's satyr tradition and deemed proper by Emperor Heruscus, you're not going to argue otherwise. You also shudder a little at the thought of several tribes coming together to recite what's probably an oral tradition only once a year. If that festival has been around for long that oral tradition has got to have so many holes in it that you could probably fly an airship through it. Still, valuable information, and you think you've taken up enough of the satyr's time now that you're sure of when and where to discuss this further with Marcell, if you want to. So you politely excuse yourself and say goodbye to the satyrs, who likewise return to their own business.

It's not until after you've already left the Imperial Reserve that you realize you forgot to ask for the name of this "Chaotic King", which causes you not a small amount of frustration...
--- +1 Etiquette ---

 

"Why are you out here gathering firewood?"

You realize a second later that your question probably could use some more context, so you explain that you expected that the three of them would have rented a room in an inn in Mineta and, well, lived the upper city's life, pretty much. Judging by their clothes they seem rather well off, at least enough to afford it. One of the satyrs gives you a bit of an odd look, but the other two don't seem taken aback at all. "Our home is within this Reserve, human child, we gather wood for all the reasons you can imagine we would. Starting camp fires included. And these are not clothes so much as they are uniforms, it informs the human rangers and guards that we belong in this Reserve and have a right to what resources it provides. Although of course that only applies within reason, but we take care not to harm to woods."

"You...you guys live here? In the Imperial Reserve? Like, you've build an actual town or something like it?"

The satyrs nod, none looking surprised at your surprise. "Not quite a 'town' as you would understand it, human child, but our tribe lives within this wood, yes. Well, the human-boy's tribe does. We are technically from another tribe, one from the land you know as Meril, but in truth they are little different. You'd likely not be able to tell the difference, in fact, though there are some."

The human-boy's tribe lives within the Imperial Reserve. You'd never guess that was referring to Marcell if you didn't know that already. Hell, even so it sounds so odd that you just have to check. "So Marcell was born here? Within the Imperial Reserve?" The satyrs nod. You still don't entirely believe it. Well, that's something you can ask him later, if you remember. "Are there satyr tribes in every country?"

The satyrs look amongst each other for a second before one says, "I can't recall every human country off-hand, and satyr tribes that I know of do not officially associate with human countries regardless, but there's satyrs on every large island where there's enough forest for them to live in. On this island we live within the Imperial Reserve, which the humans have declared to be a protected forest. There's little reason to live elsewhere, though some nevertheless prefer to live in the true wild that remains on this island." You ask if that's referring to Elumia Proper, and the satyr nods.

"So you three travelled here from Meril?"

"Indeed. We three tend to travel around a lot, in fact, to many different human lands. We're responsible for facilitating trade, spreading word of new fashions or musical achievements, and brining new information back to where we came from. We also bring along any that need to travel to other islands that cannot do so on their own, should we come across such a situation."

You ask for a few stories from their travels, and the satyrs spend a few minutes sharing a story or two before you both go back to doing what you were doing. They also invited you over to their 'town' if you were interested in hearing more, which is something you'll have to keep in mind.
--- Should Inform the Satyrius location...but locations are sorted by Region and Satyrius isn't IN any region, so I can't select it, so...+1 Satyric Revelry ---

 

"Why are you in Mineta?" (Merilien subskill 4+)

It sounds like a rude thing to ask, but there's a method to your madness. Marcell's last name, Chalutier, is clearly Merilien, and that's not necessarily the only occasion where something Merilien came up around Marcell or his street performer band. For one, the make-shift nametags that are on these guy's uniforms, while clearly Satyr in nature, look like they have at least a Merilien root to them. You'd surmise that they, along with Marcell, are actually from Meril, and thus it's an honest question what brings them to Mineta. Naturally you do make sure to explain this to the Satyrs, and they actually seem impressed with your linguistic knowledge.

"That's a good observation, human child," one of the Satyrs says as you realize that you probably should have introduced yourself at some point so that he'd have a name to call you. And speaking of names and introductions you'd attempt to pronounce the name printed on his nametag, but even with your knowledge of Merilien you'd probably just end up with your tongue tied up in a knot. Not that it wouldn't be the first time the infirmary nurses would have had to fix something like that, but you'd prefer that it not happen in the first place. "We ourselves are from the land you call Meril, but human-boy was born on this island. He travelled to Meril to seek his ancestry, but we brought him here when he reached his human age. Unfortunately he wasn't accepted into your school, but he's been studying what he wants as much as he can, regardless."

Marcell applied for the Academagia? Well, you suppose that a lot of people did, probably at least one order of magnitude more people applied than there were students accepted in the end, but it's strange to hear all the same. Marcell at the Academagia. You have to wonder what kind of student he'd have been. Well, no time for idle wondering. You ask what the Satyrs mean with Marcell reaching his "human age", and in response they point to you. Great. Now even Satyrs are (indirectly) talking about you reaching "that age" without making it clear what "that age" is. At least they're not giving you a mouthful of "I'll tell you when you're older"! Well, now is not the time to be bothered by that. "So is Marcell, well...half human, half Satyr? He's got a few Satyr features and apparently at least travels with a group of Satyrs that call him human-boy, but I've never gotten a straight answer on that"

The Satyrs actually look amongst each other with knowing looks that even on a trio of Satyrs you recognise perfectly. Glances are silently exchanged until one of them turns to you, the other two looking a bit nervous. "Not quite, but...that should come from human-boy himself. At least that is what was said by Emperor Heruscus - human-boys talk to human boys about human blood, satyr-boys talk to Satyrs about Satyr blood. Human-boy's parents or, in their abscence, specific tribesmen excluded. But human-boy's parents are not absent, and you're clearly not one of them."

Yeah, you're fairly certain you're not Marcell's parent. Pretty sure. That'd probably be something you'd have remembered if that had somehow happened, most likely. Still, that seems to be the extend of the information you can get from these three, so you politely excuse yourself.
--- +1 Diplomacy ---

Lots of information you wouldn't normally get because it comes from people who will actually talk about it, and yes, you'll be hearing about this again in Y2...hopefully. If all goes well. In theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love that Lambert event Metis. Briardi (and Orsi's) actual position on Gates is one of the things I most want to know more about in the coming years. A bunch of in-game material (and now probably even more of it!) suggests that Briardi is vociferously opposed to the usage of Gates, and yet she doesn't have much problem with Orso's teleporty artifact that he lets you use in Carnage on the Fields and seems to be friends with Eunycia, getting her to summon up a bunch of magic horse-thingies just because Durand's rubies have been stolen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Briardi was likely told about the real reason why Gates was banned by Eunycia, and she vocally opposes it's usage in part because she knows it's dangerous to use, and likely in part to deflect suspicion off of her because, frankly, I'm still convinced that she's on Schohanwicht's payroll in some manner, shape or form. At least I don't know how else Schohanwicht students could reasonably safely attend the Academagia while learning Gates on the side, unless the resident Negation expert - who'd be responsible for performing aura reaction tests and compelling truths from suspects who test positive for Gates residue - was in their pocket and fudging with results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RES - Sima 2 (no rivalry, relationship 4+):

 

You've stopped for a meal in one of Mineta's many taverns and end up sharing a table with [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico. Conversation starts with normal small talk, but after some light-hearted poking at the Academagia's lesser points Sima suddenly asks you a rather strange question out of the blue. "So what's your opinion on romance? Dating, hanging out, kissing, stuff like that?"

You turn and give Sima a really weird look. At least it's not a bizarre enough question to leave you choking on your food. "Uh...might I ask where that came from?"

Sima innocently shrugs, though you're not entirely sure whether the gesture is genuine. "Oh, I just ran into [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes being his usual self the other day. And now I'm curious whether he's really the exception to the rule or not."

Of course, Cyrus Dawes. You should have guessed. You've certainly had your own run-ins with Cyrus (and occasionally [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Olivia Solari), so you can understand where Sima's question is coming from. But what's your answer?

Romance? Eh...don't care.

You shrug. "I don't know what [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes sees in it either. Or [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Olivia Solari, for that matter. Maybe it's just a thing or something that's specific to the excessively pretty."

Sima nods, but despite that the casual smile on her face slowly turns into a smirk. Jokingly she asks, "Oh, you don't think I'm pretty?"

"Not to the point of obsession, no."

Sima can't help but laugh at her own act, which while a bit over-the-top she pulled off well. "What does Cyrus see in everyone except Olivia that he doesn't see in her, anyway? I mean if he's after a date he could just turn around and get a positive answer."

You shrug again. "A different personality, I guess? I mean Olivia is kinda obsessed."

"Well, yeah, but so is Cyrus," Sima retorts. "Shouldn't birds of a feather flock together, or something like that?"

"Maybe you should ask him the next time he lands an eye on you. Or Olivia, if you're feeling brave enough."

The grin on Sima's face widens as she considers how to respond to that. "I don't think 'brave' would be the right word for that. 'Suicidal', is more like it."

You can't deny that point, and you continue to gossip with Sima for a while.
--- -1 Romance, +2 relationship ---

 

It can be fun to flirt, but it's nothing special.

You give the question some thought. "Flirting can actually be fun, if it's appreciated. And going on a date is great if it works out. It's a fun way to bring someone along to do something one or even both of you wouldn't normally do. Has a boy ever asked you to a dance, [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico?"

"Several," she casually answers. Admittedly, you should probably have seen that answer coming.

"Well, have you accepted any of those invitations? And where did they take you?"

Sima shrugs. "They weren't invitations to dates, just people asking me at someone's birthday party and such. So is it really that fun to be taken out on a date?"

"It can be. You could end up taking someone out to dance or for a walk, you could even visit a museum if you're dating someone who's interested in that sort of stuff. I'm sure there's at least few things that the right boy could show you that you never thought you'd be interested in, the trick is to find something that you both can spend an enjoyable afternoon with. Bonus points if you invite someone to a home-cooked meal afterwards, by the way. Everyone can appreciate a great cook."

You can't tell if Sima is mentally making a joke at your expense or taking notes. It's never easy to tell with her. "So where do you think [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes would invite me to if he asked me out? As far as I know he's only got an interest in every girl other than [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Olivia Solari."

...Or she's making a joke at Cyrus' expense, that's also an option. Half of you was fairly close, anyhow. "Oh, I'm sure he knows a few places, and one of them might surprise you. But, probably just something like a restaurant or park, though. Cyrus is a pretty flirt, but he's not complicated."

"Ouch, burn."

Yeah, you'll admit you didn't really think about that one before you said it. Still, you continue the idle chat (and, to an extent, gossip) with Sima until it's time for you to leave.
--- +1 Romance ---

 

You're not Cyrus-level interested, but you're into it.

"[Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes is a case all in it's own, but in terms of romance aren't you interested yourself? I'm sure I saw you flirting once or twice."

[Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico shrugs, expertly feigning innocence. "Maybe I did, maybe I only inspired someone's wishful thinking. And dating? Or kissing? What's your opinion on that?"

"It's great. Well, the dating is, I've never gotten to real kissing. Dating is fun, though. It's a great way to really get to know someone and it never gets old to make someone's heart skip a beat. Or feel your own flutter in your chest. It's great. And yeah, I know school conduct rules say first years aren't allowed to date yet, those professors don't know what they're talking about. If I want to take a 'friend' out to dance and eat at a restaurant afterwards what's wrong with that? I don't set anything on fire, at least not as often as I do when I'm just on my own. Heh, wouldn't want to give my dates the wrong impression, after all."

Sima seems a bit sceptical, but you assure her that it's great fun. Okay, so it can also turn out disastrous, but that's true for everything. Casting magic can cost you an arm if you don't do it right, and you're more than allowed to fiddle around with that. "Point taken, I guess," Sima says with a very curious smile. "So, do you know of any good places?"

Of course you do, and you spend a few minutes discussing them with Sima. You really can't tell whether she's mentally taking notes for future reference or to know what places to avoid, but either way, you share that information.
--- +1 Dating ---

 

Apparently Sima has missed a few memos about you. (Female, On the Prowl background)

"Like, do you really have to ask? Do you really not already know?"

"Oh, I do," [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico says with a questionable smile on her. "But it's polite to make conversation."

That seems like a rather needless step, but sure. "Well, long story short is that it's fun. Making the boys smile is fun, seeing who will flirt back and which of those actually succeed is interesting, and there's no better way to get to know someone than to take them on a date. Trust me, boys might act very differently when they're on a date compared to when they're hanging out with their friends. Especially boys like [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes, if they're not really the romantic flirts that Cyrus...well, that he is whenever he's awake, pretty much. I don't think he's not really the romantic sort, but...I could be wrong."

"I don't think you are," Sima says with the most sceptical look that you've ever seen. "So who's a good catch? Anyone you'd recommend?"

You can't help but smile at that. "Why, are you looking for a boyfriend?"

Sima shakes her head. "No, like I said, just curious about your opinion."

Yeah, she said that, but that's not what she asked about before. Still, you share you opinions of the boys you know and which would be a good match for Sima. You're going to have to keep an ear open for any rumors about them...
--- +1 Innuendo ---

 

...So has Sima not been paying attention to you or what? (male, On the Prowl background)

Put on your best smile, relax, slide just a little closer, and with your most seductive voice ask, "Really, [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Sima Venesico? You're asking me what my opinion on romance is?" The master at work, people. Watch, and learn.

...Is what you believe until Sima rolls her eyes, anyway. "Yes, captain charming, I'm asking you what you opinion on romance is. Like, really, what do you see in making a fool of yourself like that?" You're taken aback. That was your best work, the refined tools of a master, and it did nothing!? Impossible! How could she possibly...resist...yeah, you can't even keep your own face straight anymore. The over-the-top act makes way for a barrel of laughter, and once you've gotten that out of your system you order another drink. You ask Sima if she wants one as well, giving you a good look of the smile on her face. More than anything that's your answer, right there, so you actually point to her. "What, is there something on my face?" Sima asks, a bit confused.

"Yeah. A beautiful smile," you answer with your most seductive (within reason) voice. It really is beautiful. So much so that you can't help but smile yourself.

Sima tries to act casual, but you can tell that she's staring at your face and blushing a little. "W-what are you grinning at? Are you telling me that my smile is the reason you act like that?"

"It's not an act, Sima, it's...well, okay, that was an act, but point is I do what I do because that's just how I feel. I prefer to hang out with girls, and when they appreciate it they do a way that I can see. Your smile tells me that you appreciate the time you spend with me, and it feels good to be appreciated. Sure, it doesn't always work out, but it's not like that's exclusive to hanging out with girls."

"Don't assume I like you just because I smile," Sima says with the face of someone trying to maintain an icy façade. Even so, though, you know that she's saying the plain and honest truth.

"I know, a smile of ridicule is also a smile, I've learned that before. But when you shows me a warm smile like that I know it's because I made you laugh, and that makes me happy."

Sima's cheeks slowly turn more red, but the calculated look in her eyes doesn't go away. "Do you think [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Cyrus Dawes feels the same way?"

You shrug. "I couldn't say how he feels, but as far as I've heard he hasn't outright broken any hearts yet. Well, [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Olivia Solari's maybe, but...I'm pretty sure she's a special case. Hell, Cyrus is probably a special case. I don't know."

Sima seems to slowly take the information in, and after you take another sip from your drink she asks, "So what are you going to do when you meet someone special? A girl you want to hang out with more so than anyone else?"

Again, you shrug. "Hang out with her and show her I'm interested until she gets the message or tells me she's not interested, but I'll cross the how's and why's of that bridge when I get to it."

"Better you think about that now before you end up having your special girl taken away from you by someone who planned ahead, [Character]Character/Self."

...You know, you can't help but feel that that's sound advice. You will investigate this idea further at a later date (with Sima, possibly).
--- +1 Flirting ---

Needs some work from the Team since non-1.0.0 backgrounds, but finally it's a second Sima event. Been trying to get one of those for longer than a second Lambert event it feels like. Hopefully it's at least a decent one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know, Irene 2, Lambert 2, Sima 2 and every Marcell RE. It's possible that I just didn't come across them during testing (which mostly involved spamming Historical Tendencies for (ingame) months with Luck Luck Luck Luck Luck active constantly), but I'm quite sure that if they were added I'd have seen them by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm...guess I must not have had a high enough relationship with Sima to trigger the event. Glad to know it made it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0