Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Kickstarter is Live!

nautilus

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll brave the pit and see what's hiding in it.

...Yeah, that's not flattering. Although considering one of the comments and the dozen or so family unfriendly aspects I'd assume that community doesn't entirely overlap with BCS' target audience anyway. Best write that one off as a loss and move on.

So out of curiosity, what does the word "Morgana" mean, if anything, anyway? Google Translate says it's an English word, my online dictionary says it isn't. Naturally this isn't the first time I've heard it either (though most of said times can be attributed to me - my Anchor/Recall spell in Daggerfall is traditionally named Morgana's Data Drive).

I only know Morgana as first name for some persons and as part of Fata Morgana aka mirage. Because Morgana is used i.e. as name in the King Arthur legend I suspect it some kind of old English word that actual is no longer part of modern English as I also can't find a reference for it as separat word.

Edit found something:

The earliest spelling of the name (found in Geoffrey of Monmouth's Vita Merlini) is Morgen, which is likely derived from Old Welsh or Old Breton Morgen, meaning "Sea-born" (from Common Brittonic *Mori-genā)

As a native English speaker, Morgan, or Morgana does not bring up any word associations to me. Most English names can be traced back to working occupations or living locations. Or are borrowed from other languages. That name is certainly one that came though other languages a long time ago. Celtic or Gaelic origins sounds very likely.

Edit: There is also a strong possiblitly that this is related.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morr%C3%ADgan

Wow up to $150 ingame currency is added to the tiers. If one can easy spend this much money on extra resources that reduce the time need then this game becomes a big money sink for some.

I really hope you consider special optics to be added to the shop or it might end up pure pay to win.

Welcome to the Freemium/P2W payment system. It's intended to fleece the retirement fund off of a whale or two, otherwise it's not going to be making any money.

Incidentally, it works. The pledges for reward packages, currently, are 16, 13, 5, 3, 3, 11, 4, 4, 0, 3, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1. Care to guess what the odd 11 among single digit numbers is?

Incidentally, it works. The pledges for reward packages, currently, are 16, 13, 5, 3, 3, 11, 4, 4, 0, 3, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1. Care to guess what the odd 11 among single digit numbers is?

The lowest amount you have to pay for the highest in-game monetary reward?

Archived