Black Chicken Studios Forums
nautilus

Victory Belles Kickstarter is Live!

Our line of thinking is that the shop will have Conveniences, like reducing timers, or Customization, like themes. We don't plan anything P2W (such as we've seen in other games), such as powerful guns and the like. Belles themselves must be unlocked through gameplay as well. So, at $150, this feels like the right amount to give back. Or so goes the thinking. :)

I find it interesting that you only have 77 backer so far but each back you in average with over 100$. Compared to the 611 backer for Holdfast or 1.5k backer for Ars Magica you sure need to generate more awareness for this Kickstarter.

Edit: Grats for reaching $10k with only 79 backer oO

Schwarzbart;

Thanks! It's been a *very* interesting demographic, really different from what we thought it would be. We still want to generate as much awareness as possible, so we're all ears if there's a community you think Nautilus or myself should approach!

I can't imagine there being too many communities who'd be interested in Victory Belles that wouldn't see it as just a(nother) rip-off, personally. Which is an issue, because while the funding has been going brilliantly so far, to comfortably reach the end goal you're looking at $823-858 worth of pledges per day.

Well, you're past the 1/3 mark and the goal you set out for is a lot less than the Ars Magica one so I'd think you'd nail it although nothing is 100% certain.

$823-858 worth of pledges per day for the next 20+ days. I don't think that's happening on word of mouth alone. It might be time to look into what audiences VB semi-overlaps with that can tolerate it's other aspects. Say, strategy game fans that can tolerate the idea of ships being personified as...waifus, is that the right term? I am so out of date with these things...

If that aspect of the game is expected to be able to stand on it's own, of course.

Say, strategy game fans that can tolerate the idea of ships being personified as...waifus, is that the right term? I am so out of date with these things...

I know, right? I'm as big a fan of Japanese media as the next guy but I seriously resent the general retardation of the English language in order to convey such concepts. Of course that is not anywhere near as egregious an example as amazeballs and selfie. But I digress, as I'm getting off topic and I could go on all day about that.

Hahaha, the evolution of language is indeed a deep and endless topic. ;)

Yep, we've been reaching out like crazy- would prefer to connect with a larger base, but whatever it needs to fund, I suppose!

Uhmm I'm now a bit confused if this is a Singleplayer game or a Multiplayer game?

I wonder because if it is multiplayer and you have no connections between the 4 planed versions (US / EU is different and Browser and iOS is different) then it might become problematic in the multiplayer part if you only have a small audience.

I also suspect that people would love to have cloud save so they could switch between browser and iOS version and continue the game.

Hmm I understand so this game even have less player interaction then i.e. the age old Adventure Quest.

Schwarzbart;

Our intent is to have such a cloud save- we'll see if we can do it, though!

There's an amount of player interaction, but it's mostly limited to chat. There are some National effects, though, we'll be discussing later in the campaign.

Currently at $804-841/day, so it's slowly going towards meeting the minimum. Stretch goals can start preparing for their respective Titanics to set sail and never return, though - $1712-1794/day for the first and $2848-2984/day for the second.

Where is your new mod? I only saw him during the opening of this forum but all the answer we got here are from the Legate!

Over 50% funded and down to $789-833/day. No idea how that happened, it was higher yesterday compared to the day before, but keep it coming.

Gratz for reaching the 50% in the past it was mostly the milestone if reached before the last week the chance was good the KS was a success.