Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Kickstarter is Live!

nautilus

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wooo!

Oh, I don't know Metis. That's the quintessence of Kickstarter, no? You can walk into a store and buy a AAA, or invest in games which otherwise would never be made. You can get burned, it's true (I definitely have), but that's the risk.

I don't even want to get into Star Citizen, and how much I've spent there...;)

It's something I could never do, throw money at hot air and hope it actually makes something fly other than a scam artist's private flight to the Bahamas. Even just $5 could get you quite some hours of entertainment if you know where to look for it. And don't mind DOSBox along with all that it entails, but if the only thing people wanted was real-life graphics they'd just go outside anyway.

One would think the scammy, sunk-cost fallacy nature of that one would have become apparent millions ago, but apparently not. Personally I'm just waiting for the massive mess that'll happen when it inevitably falls through/doesn't deliver on it's promises. People tend to forget, 'far as I can see at least, but budgets that are several orders of magnitude bigger than most people ever see on a bank account doesn't necessarily make things easier.

Metis;

Oh, it's already happened: there have been several high-profile Kickstarters which have fallen through completely, and many which haven't delivered on their promises and/or (in some cases) completely changed the game they advertised.

But, that's the risk: if you want to play it, you can invest. If not, there are a *lot* of surer bets out there. :)

Well well, i have not check the forum for a while and here i see a new project?! I suppose this is the "secret" project that was planned for 2016?

Well sadly this game doesn't appeal to me but i really hope that you will suceed! Oh wait!! maybe i shoudn't :blink: This way you will have more time to dedicate for Y2 ;)

Anyway best of luck for this new project!

I will probably reappear for Y2/holdfast 2/scheherazade 2

(disappear with smokescreen :ph34r:)

It lives! Greetings from Denmark, all :). Also greetings from this place's...not wonderful internet connection and this borrowed laptop's broken N key. Literally have to remember to hit it very carefully every time or it might break off completely. So if I start speaking gibberish you'll know why. Thankfully present is a spellchecker. Typos would be everywhere otherwise ;).

Anyway, let's see if the Kickstarter page will even load for me...yes. So, $620-775/day left? Those numbers get further and further apart the closer one gets to the deadline, doesn't it?

Also note to self so I don't forget later (sorry, but I have nothing else with me to read/write): 9Mg5Fo5Lsv8 (Youtube code, if you're curious).

Last time I was in a similar situation I had no internet connection at all. Or pens, for that matter. But I found out I did, in fact, have one way to store text: I had brought my PS2, and Kingdom Hearts allows you to name gummi ship(s) (designs?). So Sora and team ended up boarding the CodeLyoko ;). Hey, if it works.

Here's a VB question: Will it ever be possible to play as the Morgana? Not necessarily in a PVP or perspective flip sense, or what have you, but just in general? Even if it's just for special events (and you know playable Morgana would make for cool special events) it's a good way to judge the game's balance.

Well, this is just a vacation house, and the connection is being shared by everyone's cellphones, laptops, pads, etc. Seriously, this place's poor Wifi is doing more multi-tasking than my 8-core desktop PC.

EDIT: Holy funding :blink:! I don't know what but something happened to the funding! Something beautifu-gods another $300 out of freaking nowhere? And another $50 right after I typed that! What's happening? I thought that final push was supposed to only start on, like, the last day or so.

$298 left. Not per day for the next 5 or 4 days, mind you. Total. Holy monkeys, that's nuts. I sincerely hope the Team is prepared to fulfill the expectations of this new audience. I'm not expecting any stretch goals to be fulfilled, but man...

Archived