Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Hidden Belles

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be nice having some Indian flair. Probably one of the biggest reasons I'm excited for Victory Belles; having different accents and languages for different ships

Don't forget appearance, too. Amen!

@Wellington99 - I believe so- have to ask, but I think that's the case. :)

Awesome! I just happen to be a Yorkshireman myself. My mom's Yorkshire too and my dad's from Lincolnshire

Wellington99;

Now, I don't want to be premature here or anything, but...it could be Bulldog is your waifu. ;)

A foul mouthed tomboy Northerner with a pension for prizefighting, and was the first ship to capture an Enigma machine from a U-boat? Yeah, She kinda became that after I did the research on her. Usually I'm all about battleships and heavy cruisers but for a destroyer to grab my attention so quickly? Kinda fell in love with her easily

DYM - Wait until you all see the latest Belles Salmon just completed. Ugh, every week is a new favorite.

Dano - Actually, did you include the ones from the KS splash image? One there that hasn't been introduced...

Oh good catch, I did miss her.

Oh good catch, I did miss her.

Are you talking about the American ship in this pic (who I would like to think is Arizona?)? not sure which splash screen you two are talking about

tumblr_o76m14EWNO1vsqswqo1_1280.jpg

DYM - Wait until you all see the latest Belles Salmon just completed. Ugh, every week is a new favorite.

Oh the :wub: . So many lovely and experienced Turkish Belles. With Yavuz at the head of the column, my lovely ladies will send the Morganna back to Hell!

W99;

That unnamed Belle is indeed who I mean. :)

She also recently was tweeted, in the final hours of the campaign, so you can get a better look at her.

Ci8Ln_EUoAAPRUu.jpg

I have a feeling she's either Arizona or New Mexico considering the cowboy get up and the Native American flair

Belles I want to see first?

Canarias pls.

I really like her art so I would like to see more of her.

Kitakami would be nice too, since I really like her in KanColle and would like to see what she's like in VB.

AAhb;

But...'Howdy' is used in Texas. I've some family over there, and they definitely drop it. :)

Too cliche?

They also use "y'all" quite a fair bit (grew up there for 15 years of my life)

Belles I want to see first?

Canarias pls.

I really like her art so I would like to see more of her.

Kitakami would be nice too, since I really like her in KanColle and would like to see what she's like in VB.

I believe Kitakami is in one of the backing bundles

They also use "y'all" quite a fair bit (grew up there for 15 years of my life)

As a recovering Texan, I can attest to this. I learned to talk in Canyon, TX and still use y'all even nearly 40 years after escaping. Howdy, too. :)

As a recovering Texan, I can attest to this. I learned to talk in Canyon, TX and still use y'all even nearly 40 years after escaping. Howdy, too. :)

Tend to class myself as English first, Texan second. Not yet got to the point where I identify as an Ohioan, only lived here for 5-6 years so far. My regular speaking voice is kind of a mix of English and Texan pronunciations and I swap certain ones from time to time (Skedule vs Shedule for example for Schedule)

I can usually keep my Texas twang to a minimum until I spend time around a current Texan and their accent. It takes me two weeks to wash my mouth of the accent again. :wacko:

I can usually keep my Texas twang to a minimum until I spend time around a current Texan and their accent. It takes me two weeks to wash my mouth of the accent again. :wacko:

Aww I find the Southern accents kinda charming actually. Kind of why I'm excited to hear Mississippi and Texas.

I believe Kitakami is in one of the backing bundles

Oh I know they've shown Kitakami and Canarias but I'd like to see their standalone art. :P

Aww I find the Southern accents kinda charming actually. Kind of why I'm excited to hear Mississippi and Texas.

Oh, no doubt. I like my Belles to have their native personalities and traits. I was just talking about myself. :-)

No, no, Howdy is still used. Usually it only gets said because nonTexans seem to expect it from us. It's an image thing I guess. The problem is these stereotypes don't sound anything like a Texas accent. But I'm just dropping my two cents. ^_^ Really looking forward to seeing Mighty T and so many others.

I think most people don't have an idea what a specific Texan accent is. It's like when someone realizes that Yorkshire and Lincolnshire sound totally different despite being close to one another, or a London accent vs a Cockney accent

Archived