Black Chicken Studios Forums

o7

----------------

Also, on a side note....... I just noticed how "suggestive" the artwork is for both HMS Fortune & HMS Foxhound..... At least the one for HMS Foxhound is "tolerable".... Why does HMS Fortune have chains in her retrofit? O_o

Fortune:
https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Fortune#Retrofit

Foxhound:
https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Foxhound#Retrofit

I'm aware Azur Lane isn't your game, it's just a bit of a shock to find they're quite "teaseful". I'm just reacting in general....... Foxhound seems like a better match for me though *shrugs*.

See you whenever I see more Canadians, or another game update, or a reply... I'm now left baffled. 

It's Canada Day, so I have to post this. I have to because nobody else will.

---------------------------

Happy Canada Day! 

Happy Canada Day!

Just seeing something simple as this honestly goes a long way. Give recognition, even on the slightest, it'll mean a lot. I'm happy to see Azur Lane developers having gone out of their way to contact a Canadian Pixiv artist to have drawn HMS Fortune, HMS Foxhound, and maybe even Bulin in the mix. Can't ID the third one to the right. Choppy chop in a French-Canadian stereotype, something I can approve of. If they start doing cheesy Canadian stereotypes of being polite, THEN we'd have issues.

It's just heartwarming to see people pushing for HMCS Haida & her sisters to be added. I however wish people would also stop forgetting about HMCS Uganda & HMCS Ontario, both light cruisers on the Canadian side. Canadians who served on the two CLs loved them so much. HMCS Uganda fought in the Atlantic, Medideranian (or at least sailed through it), and Pacific. Americans told Canadians they couldn't have their Canadian identity so they had a mutiny (also because they were fighting the Japanese unwillingly), something which seems to be the case even today. Canadians. Been told "Canadians are a minor nation", something a certain someone here & elsewhere missed the point completely. It's not about balance, it's about being represented and connected. Then you have this tweet telling people what Canadian ships are hiding in Azur Lane.

(Below tweet: Focus is on Artimak's tweet noting what Canadian ships are hiding in Azur Lane given from the RN. Tried to single out the tweet, didn't work.

But yeah, Happy Canada Day! It's awesome seeing what sort of comments are under that tweet. Been trying to keep an eye out to see if Victory Belles developers would have done the same by releasing a simple tweet, or anything. Even SCS Software developers with a Canadian themed paint pack for American Truck Simulator, or something. Anything. Maybe the timing is off, maybe there's something other planned.... July 1st is always a good time to recognize the Canadians. It's always a nice breath of freshair when things aren't always about Americans. I honestly hope people don't treat me like a god damn circus act again just for desiring to connect with the Canadian side of things.

I still have some form of PTSD & grudges from the Discord nonsense we went though. I honestly want to forget about it, it's just hard because of how I was stupidly singled out. I'm still upset about that. I also saw people didn't want to give out genuine apologies. It was more of "saving face", something which adds more salt than it really should. I honestly want to forget about that moment, it's just hard. Probably wont' understand because you weren't on the receiving end of people's nonsense.  But hey, I'm just making note of that, not trying to stir up another storm. I'm simply making note of it. I'm only here to point out the awesomeness that is Canada Day and how Azur Lane gave recognition having hoped Victory Belles developers would have done "something" about it. Guess timing was off, or something. I don't know. I can't see into their office.  When Canadians become their own faction that shall be glorious (in this, Azur Lane, and any other game). There is one RTS game I could play, but that's on land, called 'Steel Division: Normandy 44. Victory at Sea was also awesome... I"m certain I mentioned it, just me re-mentioning it shows how awesome they are in certain ways :)

I also retrofited Foxhound on my English Azur Lane client (I play on both JP & En of Azur Lane because I screwed up) so that's a nice morale boost for me! Fortune is being leveled up. I can't wait to level up all the others which were noted by Artimak. 

So, yeah. Happy Canada Day!

/Navy salute 

o7

• Like 1

Excellent! Happy to hear you guys had a nice read. Something simple like that goes a long way to the point I'm now hyped up again & proud to be Canadian again. Need more of that, thanks! :) Hope any lurking Canadians feel warm and fuzzy. They're out there, just need to be tuned into the right frequency. Just seeing that kind gesture made me so happy!~ Happy, just like that song.

Well, that actually went amusingly well from the looks of things. Haven't seen any mention of Canadians on the Azur Lane Subreddit which makes me sad. I kept refreshing every few hours just to see if anybody noticed it. Nope! Canadians are forgotten & overlooked, unless on Twitter & from myself. 

I had a nice laugh. I was about to get outright triggered to instead gain a nice chuckle. THIS TWEET nearly had me boiling.... Why? They were about to release USN skins for July 4th while missing an golden opportunity to give Foxhound & Fortune some Canadian themed skin in some manner. 

Instead, I'm seeing Americans being triggered so that has me laughing. Irony here, irony there..... Games have been known in adding festive aesthetics & appearances to make them semi-themed to what they're selling, yet not quite. Seen a lot of semi-false advertising on PSN stores that I'm somewhat immune to this. 

Someone PLEASE take advantage of the next July 1st..... I don't care who..... Azur Lane, Victory Belles,.... Maybe even the declining 'KanColle'.... This is fun to observe. 

----------

Also, Happy Independence Day! Be safe and use common sense when celebrating! Americans tend to be wild so do stay safe. :)

• Like 1

- Azur Lane - Maple Monarchy:
https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Fortune/Quotes#English_Server

I'm sure people already knew this, just adding it anyways because of how neat it is. Fortune has a line mentioning Canadians as the 'Maple Monarchy' leaving things open for a Canadian faction to be added into the mix. It's not 100% confirmed, though it leaves things open for "if" and "when" the Azur Lane developers consider adding in 'mini-factions' into the mix. Someone also on the Azur Lane Subreddit made me aware of how one of the loading screens also contains Canadians in them, something which I embrassingly managed to be oblivious about. I overlooked it because everything is just "AMERICA!" which is awkward.

The image they shared is of American shipgirls enjoying Canada Day celebrations with the Canadian flag, the red maple on the red bra & hairclip, as well as the smaller Canadian flag on the bottom right. It's easy to miss when you're assuming everything to be 'America', and when the farthest right is cropped out removing the mini Canadian flag. This gesture alone is making me happy because of how the person took their time to make me aware of this, as well as seeing how Azur Lane developers are acknowledging Canadians. This is still a fanart, yet a neat one. 

Its the small things which goes a long way in making things feel far more welcoming. 

-----------------

I also made a subreddit because nobody bothered to celebrate Canada Day on Canada Day. I had to do it.... It's belated, as is this posting. My wording is messy and a bit chaotic, though still proudly Canadian.

I'm happy with the more joking comments making note of 'Timbits' and 'Qu'Appelle's Bell', those are the type of comments which are missing and what I'm seeking. Then we have Fisherman being rude as hell causing people to swarm me, downvote me & the subreddit..... It's an outright mess thanks to them. I'm honestly not allowed to connect with my Canadian side because you guys keep claiming Canadians are "minor", would be "pointless work", would "delay other events & shipgirls", and etc.....Dude, common.... Grow the hell up.

My wish is simple! I just want to connect with Canadians. Let me! Stop treating me like a circus animal. My Subreddit had 56-60 votes (staying there) when ti could have actually went up to 70, 80, 90, or even 130. Nope! Canadians are "taboo", as you've seen the arguments in this thread. I'm now allowed to be proud of my Canadians, but I'll keep trying. I'll keep hyping everything up. One of my latest comments had 5 likes, now down to 3, just because I'm wishing for Canadians........ Screw the Canadians! Not allowed in War games! Only America! 😏 The amount of hate I'm seeing, I have to poke fun at it while equally supporting the positive gestures by both the AL devs & the community.

I have a friend who lives in the Canadian Prairies being highly interested in Azur Lane's take on Fortune (HMCS Saskatchewan), thus having to share everything about her to said buddy. People assume what "we" desire is "minor" and "not worth the effort'. On the contrary, it's a major thing... Fisherman in that subreddit is a moron because they're blinded by being falsely "realistic" while missing out on the big picture. Missing out on the side things of how people want HMCS Haida to be added, how a buddy of mine is curious about Fortune's Canadian identity, and etc.  Not balanced for gameplay? You're missing the point. Too much work for the developers? OH, so the developers are weak and incompetent? Don't insult the developers. They're smart, they can figure something out.

Also, as for pushing back events just to add Canadians.... How selfish and moronic can you be?! Why are you so stupid..... Developers are smart, they can time things out to be sprinkled, given their own event, and etc. They're still a part of the game....... I hate fake "realistic" people, I can immediately tell they're plastic and egoistical.....  Stay away from me or I WILL call you out. I may not be the best with my wording, but I WILL call you out on your fakeness.

Once Victory Belles adds more Canadians & elements I'll be hyping that up also :) My wish is simple. 

-------------

I know Canadians are not confirmed in being added, though they are making a loose appearance in that game while having the faction name of 'Maple Monarchy'. That's enough to make me highly happy making me love how Azur Lane is acknowledging Canadians. The more we call them out in praise, the more we praise them, the more likely we'll see them. Hopefully we'll see some Canadian festive outfits, and such. It just makes it more appealing to play Azur Lane over KanColle. When you acknowledge certain national playerbases they're more willing to play and be curious.

ymv11ch.png

Sorry for the third posting in a row. Sorry if this comes off as whining, just noting something again from Azur Lane Reddit downvoting everything I posted in the lastest 'mini-faction expended' subreddit. I got absolutely murdered/lynched, karma/downvoting wise. People sticking onesided on HMS side, not exploring the other side.

Well, I just experiences a nasty case of Reddit swarming abuse.... I simply asked for Mini-factions to be expanded and they just downvoted EVERYTHING I posted in that thread. The thread itself, the posting.... RIP. The Karma I earned, RIP. I'm aware my wording ain't the best, but even then, just meet me halfway. I simply asked for Canadians, Australians & etc to gain their own mini-faction, HMCS/HMAS designations so you could actually know their real self, not the HMS Haida, or HMS Vampire nonsense. I was even unaware Fortune & Foxhound turned Canadian when they were lent, something Twitter pointed out.......HMS Foxound should also have HMCS Qu'Appelle, and HMS Fortune should be HMCS Saskatchewan. It's not that hard. National themed outfits of their period, yet that's taboo. It's this reason why I suggested ships to be given their actual desgination of HMCS/HMAS, & etc so we can identify them properly. 

You know the KanColle naming way with Gangut & Kasuga Maru? Basically like that. Apparently it's taboo for me to request that, thus downvoted heavily.

One person noted the ships should stay as HMS because the ships were of British origin.... You're missing the god damn point! Allow them to have their alternate identities! Do what KanColle did, give them alternate namings, Outfits, and etc to respect their other self.... ITS NOT THAT HARD. Stop making it difficult! 

I apparently committed a very violent crime of murdering families, killing children, and etc... It's extreme.....I'm apparently a pedophile, or something. At least meet me halfway...... What they mentioned isn't halfway... 

Edited by ArcticuKitsu
So many typos and corrections.

I hope that if Azur Lane of the future will add new destroyers and light cruisers, there is a great possibility that Polish, N class, G class, M class and Danae-class will appear for the first time, it will be British ship and perhaps Retrofit.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:42 AM, Shirogane said:

I hope that if Azur Lane of the future will add new destroyers and light cruisers, there is a great possibility that Polish, N class, G class, M class and Danae-class will appear for the first time, it will be British ship and perhaps Retrofit.

This ^ 100% this! Azur Lane has this chance, thus why I'm hyping up the Canadians for it during Canada Day, then tried making a 'Mini-faction' reddit on Azur Lane reddit for it to be treated like trash. I even found out Azur Lane covertly also has Australian & New Zealand shipgirls, if you want to care for them.

I honestly would love to see Polish shipgirls for how fiercely they fought. The Polish people would honestly be proud, something Azur Lane Reddit can't comprehend. Thanks for bringing this up :)

I honestly wish the Canadians, Australians, New Zealand, and Polish shall gain their own banners in Azur Lane, regardless of the "clutter" excuse. (View HMCS Uganda below with "mutiny",  or "Uganda Episode". It's a curious read.

------------

As of right now, in Azur Lane (Unofficial):

Australian:
- HMAS Vampire (HMS Vampire)
- HMAS Shropshire (HMS Shropshire)

New Zealand: 
- HMNZS Leander (HMS Leander)
- HMNZS Achilles (HMS Achilles)

Canadians:
- HMCS Qu’Appelle (HMS Foxhound)
- HMCS Fraser (HMS Crescent)
- HMCS St. Laurent (HMS Cygnet)
- HMCS Restigouche (HMS Comet)
- HMCS Saskatchewan (HMS Fortune)

------------

Also, been doing some more reading on ships again thanks to Azur Lane.... I'm now a bit depressed with what I've learned about HMCS Uganda because information had changed again (wiki side).... Things became more depressing with what I've learned making HMCS Uganda appear "cowardly"...... Probably shared this, yet sharing it again because I'm refreshing my memory.

HMCS Uganda:
https://navalandmilitarymuseum.org/archives/articles/controversies/the-uganda-episode

HMCS Uganda spent her time training her crew with the RN, had her modernized in the UK later, traveled through the Mediterranean and into the Pacific. She appeared to have been hastefully deployed into the Pacific by not having a tropical retrofit, nor was her fresh water supply proper. Ventilation was poor, as was living conditions. She also (in hindsight) pre-maturely ventured into the Pacific while oblivious to the new changes to occur to the volunteer policy, something which would cause the 'Uganda Episode' issue. She then spent her time in the Pacific doing anti-air runs, bombarding bases, shelling places. She had a well trained & skilled crew, just morale was painfully low because they were "fighting the wrong enemy", & the poor condition their ship was in for where they were fighting/deployed. They wanted to fight Germans, not the Japanese. Their morale also taking a dip because they wanted to get away from "Kamikaze" pilots for how harsh they were. 

Canadian identity is important, as is any national identity. 

In his book "Mutiny - The Odyssey of HMCS UGANDA", Chief Petty Officer James W. Essex commented that as personnel reported on board, many of the ship's company noted the absence of the Canadian Red Ensign and the maple leaf that should have been displayed on the funnel. This was felt to be an insult to Canada. 

When one considers the quality of food, living conditions, the lack of a sense of Canadian identity, suicidal Kamikaze pilots, and pressure from the Commanding Officer, combined with lack of government support, it becomes clear that there was no mutiny onboard UGANDA, and that her ship's company was far from cowardly. Instead, the vast majority of the ship's company exercised their democratic right as dictated by the government's "Volunteers Only" policy.

Canadians also felt "undesired" in the Pacific, thus voting out while also taking advantage of the new volunteer policy. Not in a selfish crafty way, just in a "human" way. They had to re-volunteer, thus choosing to leave, more so after what the Captain (may, or may not have) said about the "quitters". British were furious, as were the Americans. Canadians offered to add in HMCS Prince Robert, an AA Flak ship. British had to swap out HMCS Uganda with one of their own, and the Americans only allowed the Canadians to refuel, not fix any boilers. They refused to fix their boiler issues calling them "cowards".... They viewed HMCS Uganda's crew as "cowardly" for leaving the war prematurely...... 

Now, I bet if the Canadians on HMCS Uganda had a Canadian emblem on the funnel they would have probably felt more of a reason to stay in the Pacific, regardless of the revised volunteer draft. They would be able to boast they're Canadian, staying longer....Everything was just in rough condition they wanted a better pace at things. If they at the very least had that Maple emblem on the funnel they would have probably scored hits on some odd Japanese Destroyer, or something. Hindsight is 20/20, but even so, this is my take on things with the cards I see placed on the table. Who knows..... Reading up on HMCS Uganda has me at least being proud that she had one of the best radar & rewards when in the Pacific. She is able to sport & boast about something. Everything else hurts in an embarrassment, and it was a national embarrassment to the Canadians. 

If she was to be added into Azur Lane you would bet she would have a very high AA rating. She would probably make a line of unwilling to fight the Japanese, even noting the kamikaze, if the Azur Lane developers are wise about that........

I want to find more information so I have more to pull from. I want to know more about HMCS Uganda because it can't be just that, can it?

n my opinion, Canadians have a better chance of appearing in Azur Lane. You had a larger fleet than the Indians and Australians and New Zealanders. The Polish navy will appear probably the last in the game.

Many times the Polish Navy cooperated with the Canadian Navy during World War II.