• The German Kriegsmarine
    • The Polish Navy
    • The Spanish Navy
    • The Turkish Navy
    • Royal Netherlands Navy
    • The French Navy
  2. 2. Forgot Russia

• The Soviet Navy
    • I prefer Freedom and choose one of the navys in question one!
    • The Canadian Navy

So based off the current little bit of info we have. What nations do you see yourself trying first, and why?

I myself am likely to play Britain from the current info we have. I like the HMS Rawalpindi for her total brass balls and the art of Belfast. Not feeling a particular affinity for any real ships, the art direction and characters are what are likely to influence my decision come the time to actually play.

Edit: Added a poll with the nations I knew offhand/saw on the kickstarter page, tell me if I missed any!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So based off the current little bit of info we have. What nations do you see yourself trying first, and why?

I myself am likely to play Britain from the current info we have. I like the HMS Rawalpindi for her total brass balls and the art of Belfast. Not feeling a particular affinity for any real ships, the art direction and characters are what are likely to influence my decision come the time to actually play.

Combination of Rawa's brass ones, Bulldog being basically perfect (A foul mouthed Northerner who prizefights), and me being English myself. Also my top three favorite ships in general in no order are Hood, Rodney, and Warspite, so kind of colors me that way.

If I can't have Canada then I'll simply go Germany to start off with 'Admiral Graf Spee'. I'd then patiently wait for Bismarck & Tirpitz to find their way in. If I'm allowed to play as Canada then I'd seek them out to have HMCS Saguenay & HMCS Skeena join up, then work my way to win over Nera, Bismarck, & others. I'll even have Pola & Belfast within my ranks.

It's really hard to tell what I'll eventually pick because mindset & information changes constantly that it changes the way you think & view the game from now & then. Became irritated at how my 'Trio Prince Navy' popped in 1940, not 1939. They were an early demand, yet I got their dates wrong. So, ya... Germany until later.

Procyon - They can be unlocked in the game, but I'm not sure how, or the timeframe. It may be the same as the Belles- 1 year after launch. I don't think the Team has decided quite yet.

Oh! Okay :D.

If not, I'm willing to spend a bit of coin to get a chance to play Turkey. Of course, that's on their hands since they did say that the minor nations are a bit difficult to use compared to the main nations...

Their starts are harder because their Diplomatic Channels are nearly as good. Poland is actually the hardest start- very easy to lose Hel.

I guess...they don't have access to a lot of ships and it's probably harder to get more reinforcements...compared to navies like the Royal Navy, US Navy, and even the Japanese Imperial Navy.

Their starts are harder because their Diplomatic Channels are nearly as good. Poland is actually the hardest start- very easy to lose Hel.

Lose Hel? Apologies if I'm out of the loop, but is that a ship or a city?

hmm... I'm not sure who i'll start with either... o.o probably whoever comes to mind when I get it. Might try a country during the beta and play another when it launches, assuming progress will be wiped :P

Edit: welp that went wayy over my head lel

I'm debating between US and Japan. With the US I gotta support my own country don't I? Plus I do really like American ships. I might be a little biased after having been on three battleships. With Japan I love all the designs, they all have a traditional Japanese feel to them and that's something I adore. I also really like the designs for the German and Italian Belles so, not in '39, but in the long run I'll be getting more Belles I like the designs have fairly easily. I'd add Italy into the mix since I'm Italian, but my family left Italy because they hated Mussolini, so I feel like by choosing fascist Italy I'd be betraying my family.

I don't have a problem with progress being wiped after the beta, but it would be nice if we could keep our accounts. Would make an easy way for backers to reserve the names we want.

The USA most likely. Though Germany has its appeal (My family is German and came to America between the world wars.) but I want to see this nation mechanic because I'm sure Belle's like Texas, Enterprise, Bismark, Yamato and the like will be anywhere near the start of the game and since you can have any Belle no matter your nation I want to see how it matters.

Archived