Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Star Trek Online Thread - By Popular Demand!

Procyon

After discussing with a few people on another thread, here is the Star Trek Online thread for those who play / want to learn more about the game. Discussions about Star Trek can occur here as well!

I played the game ever since it went Free-To-Play and I fly a Galor...as a Bajoran :D.

I haven't touched it in a long while. I do have a (forgive me but I can't remember too much right now) a Gorn Engineer, a Human Attacker (Or whatever they're called), and a Romulan whatever.

Then lets also add the recent news about the Fan Film here:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/paramounts-lawsuit-against-axanar-productions-star-trek-1777959978

Apparently they manage to settle the legal issues around this fan project.

About STO I only play a Romulan Tactican in of of the big Romulan ships.

I liked the Romulans...till they became pacifists :angry: .

As much as Alec Peters (the guy who is in charge of Axanar) is an arse, I kinda want to see Axanar turn out well. I mean...it looks nice and has good production value behind it...so might as well let it have its day in the stars :).

I haven't touched it in a long while. I do have a (forgive me but I can't remember too much right now) a Gorn Engineer, a Human Attacker (Or whatever they're called), and a Romulan whatever.

They're coming out with a new expansion :D.

Probably need to update sometime soon, try to get back into it. It was fun, and I enjoyed playing as a Gorn. Being a big Lizardman.

As someone who by now only "Play" the Admiral, DoFF and R&D part of the game this expansion not really draw my interest.

Also wasn't it mentioned that this expansion need you to play with a complete new captain, crew and ship?

That was the weirdest decision, I thought, to make the Romulans...I don't know, kind of pseudo-Federation.

I kinda wanted Sela to win. :)

Edit: Wait, what? You have to play a completely new Captain?

Yeah! They're Temporal agents since we're fighting the Temporal Cold War now...

I kinda wanted Cardies, but I guess this will work since it's the 50th anniversary of Star Trek :).

Sela winning would've been cool...I don't like the hippie Romulans...

I don't mind hippie Romulans...it's just not what you think of when you think of what makes Romulans cool!

Yeah...I thought of the Romulans as the secretive, cunning race...but...the hippie Romulans aren't too terrible, though I prefer the former to the latter.

I tried STO. It was interesting. I prefer the federation ships even if that's cliche. I felt that after you got through the first missions, there wasn't any set order to do the expanded missions with, and so all of a sudden I was exploring an Iconian ruin with Worf, which was cool and all, but came out of nowhere and broke my suspension of disbelief too far.

I tried STO. It was interesting. I prefer the federation ships even if that's cliche. I felt that after you got through the first missions, there wasn't any set order to do the expanded missions with, and so all of a sudden I was exploring an Iconian ruin with Worf, which was cool and all, but came out of nowhere and broke my suspension of disbelief too far.

Oh! The missions have been ordered now. The only reason why you probably got the chance to do that mission early is because it was a featured mission :).

It doesn't matter. But the entire string to get Law is really bad about it. The one where you escape the prison with the Enterprise C too. But mostly it seem like just random mission will suddenly not count. I've turned in tickets but I get told they cannot find the issue.

I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues.

It doesn't matter. But the entire string to get Law is really bad about it. The one where you escape the prison with the Enterprise C too. But mostly it seem like just random mission will suddenly not count. I've turned in tickets but I get told they cannot find the issue.

I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues.

Oh man...I never ran into that issue, but...well...my sympathies O_o

Archived