Black Chicken Studios Forums

Friend Supports

Nel Celestine

An idea I discussed with my roommate and again in chat with ArcticuKitsu is the idea of Friendly aid.

Example, I'm playing a rather difficult campaign mission while Arctic is also playing. Arctic can see me playing and can send their "Ace" ship to my campaign for a single bonus attack. The sender gets some reward points or such (perhaps towards a medal!) and it gives a free special attack against the foes of the helpee.

Could even go fancy and have a dramatic cut in with the Belle and a single line of moral boosting dialoge

Tangential to this topic, is there any interest in creating a Victory Belles Kickstarter-PayPal backer's Skype channel?

That's fine Dano, hence why I said mostly a single interaction kind of thing rather then full on joint operations or vs. missions. Keep it simple and have no downside to sending a helper but maybe limit the amounts of "sends" you can do per day.

I am fine making it optional, but I actually love social games and endorse whatever BCS could develop over time.

I'm amused you beat me to it. Ya, I agree with both Nel & Dano on this that it needs to somehow find its way into the game, yet be somehow implemented to the point where it can help, just not interfere. I'd love it if Nel would come poking around (and any others also), when focused on bigger waves of enemies and such. The way 'Victory at Sea' did this was most refreshing that you had to wait & stall until the reinforcements came. I would love to see that kind of style somehow brought into Victory Belles. If friends see you struggling they should be able to come to your aid, but only if necessary & the situation calls for it. Everything needs to line up for you to send.

Again, I'd simply say check this game out -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/298480/ <- for its features.

I have to agree with Dano on this one, the most annoying thing about other mobile games is when you are forced to have friends and guilds to have a chance to be competitive in end game. Plus isnt the greatest victory when its won through your own hands?

I have to agree with Dano on this one, the most annoying thing about other mobile games is when you are forced to have friends and guilds to have a chance to be competitive in end game. Plus isnt the greatest victory when its won through your own hands?

True, but with vestures at stake for getting a belle, a single support action from a friendly ally could save from days/weeks of work.

Edit:

Don't make them overpowered and vital of course, but it could be something that is a nice boon. Like one free attack against your foes for 1/4 of your turn's damage or maybe heal 5% of your fleet's HP.

True, but with vestures at stake for getting a belle, a single support action from a friendly ally could save from days/weeks of work.

Edit:

Don't make them overpowered and vital of course, but it could be something that is a nice boon. Like one free attack against your foes for 1/4 of your turn's damage or maybe heal 5% of your fleet's HP.

Helping other player as support will be most my thing since I am mostly a supporter.

I'm kind of curious if the thought of timed & aligned conditions are being overlooked when people post. Just making sure. Yes, I don't want conditions on maps to be brutal that you would need a helping hand from a fleet, but if it gets bad that it be nice to see a friend incoming that you could stall the conditions on the battlefield long enough for them to come if things aren't in your favour. There are times that you would want help, and the times when the game just doesn't play nice.

Victory at Sea in the campaign world you'll see where I'm coming from.

Helping other player as support will be most my thing since I am mostly a supporter.

I'll really love to help players as well :).

Also...Pata...I don't mean this personally, but is it possible you can shrink your signature? It's a bit large for the forum. Thanks :).

Welp, I can see how it'll be a little difficult to balance these. I personally like solo grinding stuff and can spend weeks solo grinding/crafting. For people who prefer to play solo it can be a little annoying with these extra perks. Although I kinda prefer no friend interaction whatsoever. Perhaps a little optional bonus say to attack damage or armor for as short while might work. Plus I don't mind helping, given the chance.

The hardest thing with things like that though is for solo players, it puts them in somewhat of a disadvantage since there is a slot that is dedicated for friends a solo player is down one slot.

Well...in Fate/ Grand Order, it gives you a randomized selection of Servants that you could add to your friend list. If there's enough population, I think it could work. For the most part, it's to allow players to use the rare 5* Servants if they don't own it :).

I haven't been able to play F/GO since it stopped working in my emulator a couple months ago but I remember seeing somewhere that they updated it and you now have the choice of using another one of your own servants instead.

I haven't been able to play F/GO since it stopped working in my emulator a couple months ago but I remember seeing somewhere that they updated it and you now have the choice of using another one of your own servants instead.

Yeah...there was that modification :). I play it on my IPhone :D.

Archived