Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That long? Even a part-time editor shouldn't take most of a month to edit all the pieces together. Unless there's still pieces being put together, of course, but IIRC the campaign itself was pretty much done, just waiting for the trailer.

Well, It's OK. I'm trying to focus on getting a PS4, so I can play Dragonball Xenoverse 2 when it comes out. Probably get fallout 4 and Arkham knight too. Kinda sad that theres only 3 or so games for the current gen consoles that I really like. It's why I dragged my feet so long.

That's the cost of being able to play a Bethesda game with some degree of it functioning more so than vanilla versions usually do. I fondly remember my unpatched 360 copy of Oblivion and how literally every questline completely broke on me at least once.

Also, make sure you check and see if Fallout 4 is a better game than Fallout 3 before buying it, especially a console version. F3 was...utter garbage, from what I recall.

I liked f3, but it tended to lag horrifically late game.

Anyway, Is it true that both xbone and ps4 require subscription access to play online? 'Cuz that's the biggest crock ever.

No, I was speaking in general. My reason to get a current gen system is so I can play Xenoverse 2, but if I have to pay 50 dollars just for online access for a year, that really puts me off getting a ps4 or xbone. Most games I play are single player, so it mostly doesn't affect me, but a fighting game like xenoverse is completely online once you've finished story mode (and all the best gameplay is during that time.)

IIRC Sony switched to a paid subscription model for PS4's Plus and Micro has has one since the 360, so for playing a game online, so I'd say yes.

EDIT: Some quick research suggests that PS+, which is to say the paid subscription, is indeed required to play any PS4 game online. For as long as a game's servers actually exist, of course.

IIRC Sony switched to a paid subscription model for PS4's Plus and Micro has has one since the 360, so for playing a game online, so I'd say yes.

EDIT: Some quick research suggests that PS+, which is to say the paid subscription, is indeed required to play any PS4 game online. For as long as a game's servers actually exist, of course.

Alas the server shutting down is a bigger problem than subscriptions.

Especially when server shutdowns means something in the game is lost forever.

Anyway, Legate, we're still waiting for news. ;)

There was recently the news that Sony closed a PS4 account because they suddenly didn't like the account name and the player lost all games he bought thanks to this.

Also Fallout 4 mods on the PS4 has apparently been delayed and might not ever happen. Something about conversions and a license thing or something? As someone who regretted buying Fallout 3 you can probably imagine I don't follow Bethesda's recent antics too much.

Personally, I'm not very big on mods. I wouldn't care about that so much. I really liked both fallout 3 and new vegas, so I'm expecting 4 will still be good even though I spoiled the first and last quarters of the story already.

Honestly, I really want to get heavier into retrogaming. I already have virtually every mainstream console minus current gen stuff, and a few exceptions here and there. I still haven't played my turbographx 16 at all since I bought it like 7 years ago. I just keep putting it off. Keith Courage in the Alpha zones gave me nightmares as a kid, and I really want to play it a bit to see how foolish I was, (considering there was a pinball game for it with nothing but skulls that I had no problem with....)

Then there's stuff like Final Fantasy Viii, which I never managed to beat due to really bad luck. (my current copy has an invisible scratch on disc 2 which freezes an fmv)

As much as I like GOG, I love the feeling of holding the physical copy. Plus as a kid I was far more of a console guy. Still am, really. On a side note, It seems the PS4 is 100% non backwards compatible. (Unless you buy the game again, digitally. ka-ching.) The early ps3s with full backwards compatibility are the best. Although I don't have one. Too bad greed got in their way.

It's the old consoles that are worth it. Past the PS2 and Gamecube (maybe Xbox? Don't really know) it's just a mess of broken online games, unpatched junk with DLC-locked content, and gimmicky controllers that wouldn't allow you to hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn.

In the good old days you had games that were at least visibly not broken (I sure played through OoT many times and noticed maybe one minor glitch, but gods, that game's code is held together by duct tape and hope) more often than games currently are visibly broken, shoe-horned in split-screen multiplayer that was at best impossible to make out because of the tiny screen size each player gets, intentionally stupid or overpowered bosses that highly encouraged buying the poorly written and often not thought through strategy guide or otherwise call a helpline that bordered on extortion, content locked behind skill challenges that most sane people with other things to do could never hope to accomplish within a reasonable amount of time, and if you're living in this country you got the bonus of playing every game completely blind because it wasn't until you were nine or ten years old that your entirely self-taught English was good enough to understand anything.

But it was better and we liked it, dagnabbit <_<!

Archived