Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found out about this game from Bobbin Threadbare's let's play on Something Awful, and I'm hoping to pick it up when I get the chance after it releases on steam.

However, I'm curious about the modding tools. How powerful are they, and is there any good documentation for them? And will they be functioning on the steam build?

The modding tools off steam are, as of right now and until the release of Y2's tools, maybe, not entirely functional. They can still do some good things, but they're fairly basic and slower than a narcoleptic snail. Not sure if the Steam version will change that at all.

It may be different people, but since they are doing work in your name, I would say it is very important, all the same.

Anyway, It's not that big of a deal, but I'm sure there are some folks left behind. I'm quite sure that if I wasn't a forum member, I probably wouldn't notice it as I largely stay away from social media.

Can't directly argue with that, but, honestly, I would think they should be able to spare a half hour to update a few lines of text at some point within a couple of years. Just an observation and a bit of constructive criticism.

The Team specifying any sort of release window because it "should be a big enough time span". That Steam might be getting impatient I can understand, but even so there's no way this could possibly go wrong.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the Team ought to (re-)comb through the DLC 16 bugs topic at least before they should entertain ideas of release. Preferably (re-?)look through the last however many pages of the Suggestions topic and that doomed DLC 16 fan patch topic as well.

Well, the team told me, that they were entertaining the idea of doing a 'certain thing' (nothing terribly awesome, but important all the same) and that if such a thing were to be done, it would be after release, so I would say that there still will be a final bugfix and polish patch after DLC17.

Yeah, the steam crowd may bitch seeing a few typos, but I think that so long as we don't have the kind of bugs found in the beta so far, we'll be doing pretty good. Of course, I may be pretty biased, being a regular here for so long now.

Perhaps I'm biased in the other direction, but my opinion is that the Steam version should not be released until all the issues brought up in the DLC 16 bugs topic (over 2½ years ago, in some cases) have been addressed at least. As minuscule as most of those errors are it'd just give off a bad impression that they weren't fixed for so long, I think.

It's certainly been delayed enough as is and it's going to have to be delayed for a bit longer still at least, but at the same time I don't want to think about how the Steam crowd might interpret the Team not having fixed things they've been aware of since mid-April of 2014.

• 2 months later...

Archived