Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

Well, I seem to be screwed, I can't access impulse anymore. To be precise, it still recognizes my password but not my computer, so it tells me that I need a one-time password, but it never sends me one. Just before it claims to have sent me one, it tells me that there's an unknown server error. I might not be able to access the game at all now, since I last reformatted. Any ideas, anyone?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two ideas

1) Write a support request to gamestop.com and hope they have not complete abandond Impulse by now

2) Get your payment info about your buy of Academagia from stardock.com and hope BCS will hand you a Steam key for it once the game is trough greenlight.

Sadly you didn't backup your game or you simply could copy it to your new computer and run Academagia.exe as admin, that would be the most easy way.

Natural you also still can buy it at a other shop but I don't think you would like this idea ^^.

Sadly that's not much help. Although officially impulse is still supported (marginally) it's fully legacy, and my calls did not resolve the issue. I still think I can juryrig a solution.

And I still have my purchase data, so I'm not that worried, but this is a pain.

To be honest, I'm confidant that I'll get access again, it's just a matter of how much time I want to put into this.

'S a reason I linked to it earlier -_-. The problem, at least in terms of drawing in the Steam kids, is that it's text-based. Kids these days demand video, possibly even in the form of a glorified TV screen glued to their head through a, what's it now, $400 pair of goggles? Something silly like that.

And of course gods forbid if Timmy's goggles have more microtranmeaninglesstechnobabble thingies than Tommy's goggles. Kids couldn't tell a damn .txt file from a hard cover book, but say it's important for graphics and suddenly they're a world leading expert on computer architecture.

Hehe. I've spent a half hour on hold hoping gamestop will be able to fix my problem. The current girl sounds like she's dealt with this problem before AND speaks english about 50% better so I'm feeling hopeful...

Not really, no. Reviews are untrustworthy enough even when they're not intentionally biased or just outright bought. 'Sides, it shouldn't be too hard to explain that most of the issues brought up have been addressed in the past, what, half-decade or so.

I tend to read good reviews as "this is as negative as we can be before our sponsors start asking questions, so 7+ out of 10" and negative reviews as either utter nonsense posted solely to kill time or "this game is not [insert current fad game here], therefore it's terrible".

...Am I too jaded? Eh, point is, raw videos actually show you what the game is and how it plays, and that's ultimately what you're after. Which is a bit of an issue for games that really don't translate well to video, like Academagia...

I tend to read good reviews as "this is as negative as we can be before our sponsors start asking questions, so 7+ out of 10" and negative reviews as either utter nonsense posted solely to kill time or "this game is not [insert current fad game here], therefore it's terrible".

...Am I too jaded? Eh, point is, raw videos actually show you what the game is and how it plays, and that's ultimately what you're after. Which is a bit of an issue for games that really don't translate well to video, like Academagia...

It depends. For action heavy games, video works, but there are issues that reviews can bring to the forefront. Like balance issues, for example.

I'm not sure how it would be biased for me to say I like Academagia, because I do. I'm not an owner(of the company) or a dev, just a fan I guess, who bought the game and liked it.

Academagia clearly got something right or I wouldn't be here, hoping for a second game to release soon. I'm sure there are other people out there who prefer less text and such. I'm not necessarily on a heavy reading diet, but I really liked Academagia. I like some books but I'm not a vivid consumer of literature, Some thigns Ido like, other pieces considered classics and must reads by some I just find incredibly boring/depressing or otherwise uninteresting.

I deffinately expect people to have different opinions, but the game should be reviewed and judged based on what it is, if you don't want games with a lot of text then that's not the games fault, you just got a different preference. Steam reviews can be very informative, even the negative ones, Sometimes people complain about things that I don't consider a bad or a problem. Then I will know it's somethign good if people who like that type of thigns things it's good and those who don't mostly complain about he game format or other things that I might enjoy.

Archived