Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

The UI improvement for DLC17 should help us pretend that we're seeing a preview for Y2...At least for a couple of days before we start pestering the Legate again. :)

The good news is that if the Team finally releases the fabled Y2 Class list we may not have a need to pester the Legate for at least a month!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping it from time to time isn't a bad idea, although usually they'll answer right away if it's something immediately known or answerable. ;)

And other times you just wish they'd just say "we're not telling!" just so we know not to ask 'till Y2.

• 2 weeks later...

...So what's the news on DLC17? From what I've heard, this coming month has a higher than average chance for release, but, I suppose it depends on that art you were talking about, legate. Anything that the team is willing to share? :)

And unless release is slated for the first week of November (alternatively named "a pipe dream") we'll have enough time to do a decent, maybe even a thorough search. I don't know what art is being waited for, but a placeholder here and here isn't going to bother us - just call it 17Beta and there you go.

You say that as if I'd actually apply the UI patch when all is said and done, assuming that I can get away with not doing so ;).

I do have the old patch saved on my HD, though, so for testing purposes...well, you know, can't do proper testing on an outdated version and I would like to at least see it once :).

While I absolutely encourage a Y2 Beta, I am impartial to DLC 17 receiving one. Is it really worth the extra effort for something which will be out Soon TM? I'd rather have the real DLC a few days earlier and just help squash the bugs then. Considering the odds of Y2 information being given out with a Beta is nowhere near as high as the actual release, and given what I'm most desiring, I think my druthers are fairly obvious.

While I absolutely encourage a Y2 Beta, I am impartial to DLC 17 receiving one. Is it really worth the extra effort for something which will be out Soon TM? I'd rather have the real DLC a few days earlier and just help squash the bugs then. Considering the odds of Y2 information being given out with a Beta is nowhere near as high as the actual release, and given what I'm most desiring, I think my druthers are fairly obvious.

It all depends on what BCS' definition of SoonTM is, in this case. If the thing can be out the door by the end of tomorrow than yeah, doing a beta is obviously a waste of time. If we're going to be waiting for three weeks and some change (and technically speaking four weeks is still "November" where I am...at least until the end of the current hour) then a beta would be a good way to get some extra polish done before the big Steam release.

That was exact my reasoning for asking them to do the content beta now so we have time while they still work on the UI and some graphics. Because lets face it, the content need the most time to even find the bugs there, especial because we have no knowledge how to unlock the new content.

If we are angling for a shot at the newest patch 'to help out finding bugs' then count me in! :D

In all seriousness though, I supose the ability to let us have a go at the content depends a bit on how much the content and the UI changes are tied together. (I wouldn't think they were linked as such but I've been surpised before)

... oh and of cause BC actually thinking that giving out content to a bunch of raving lunatics (lets just acknowledge this fact for a long second.... there) is a good idea. Personally I see no problem with it at all.

Still three weeks before the end of November...assuming that art piece is going to drag it's feet for as long as it can manage. And really, based on BCS release schedules so far, one must assume.

Considering the team will very likely want us to test the UI as well I imagine it's a bit of a moot point, but that aside I highly doubt the new UI is needed for any of the new content.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived