Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Legate of Mineta

Fun with Greenlight

It eases my mind all the same. I can wait. Just ignore the path I burned on my carpet from pacing

Oh, please, between all of us, we've likely burned through the concrete foundation of the building and are slowly making our way to bedrock. :)

*Sigh* This really isn't helping with getting the Beta out in a reasonable amount of time, huh :(? How long do you think the community will have to test it anyhow?

I don't intend to make a habit of loading other people's saves too often, but that's a function that sounds like it should work, yes.

Well, the point of the matter is, since the game has to be able to load any save, given that people have all sorts of characters, it would be really bad if it choked on loading yours or mine randomly based on a bug! :(

Yes, very important to get it to work.

Question, Legate! How will this beta of DLC17 come to fruition? Will we have to apply it to our installed game? I would rather not do that with a potentially unstable build if possible, but I don't see much alternative.

That reminds me... Will the Year 2 game importer or save game converter convert saves even if I somehow lost mods along the way? Maybe while switching computers, if I got the save file?

I think metis is asking that since all the dlc's are considered mods mechanically speaking, are we going to need them somehow, and how will that work? I personally could have sworn that there was a promise that Y2 would be innately compatible with all DLCs made by BCS

Maybe if the converter had a mdoe where it only converts stats and the BCS Adventure exits/momories for getting you set for year 2.

As long as you havn't got any extra abilities or spells or non-official stuff stick with you.

Or is there a lot of background stuff that still needs to be added?

A mostly flavor adventure with one boost to an official content skill to your character or familiar shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Shouldn't it be enough to jsut scan the stats and compare to the last official DLC. A one off moded adventure shouldn't cause that much trouble one would think.

So now I have a question: If you create a modded DLC 17, which I plan to do since I need to for the modding I want, how is Y2 going to react? Assuming that you feed it the same modded DLC, of course.