Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea, the only MS console I own is a very old and dusty 360 that has no internet connection. I got it hoping that it was backwards-compatible with old Xbox games and to compensate for my, at the time, really wussy PC, but it didn't deliver on either count. Well, it technically ran Oblivion far better then my PC did at the time, but a 1.0 version of Oblivion on a console without an internet connection is a bigger mess of bugs and glitches than OoT ever was for me, so yeah. Jumped off that sinking ship pretty early, thankfully.

I found the 360 sufficient for playing the old Halo games which was mostly all I cared for of the original xbox.

I only got a 360 for mass effect, though I bought others later. Both my ps3 and 360 game collection, and maybe even the wii games too can't match my ps2 collection. The Ps4 selection I'm interested in doesn't impress me at all in comparison. Which I note as mainstream gaming passing me by.

And I honestly don't care. I've decided to get one last console and then I'm sticking to older stuff when it's obsolete.

And the Steam version. Which in turn is coming with a Greenlight campaign. Pretty big package, honestly.

BTW, any significant progress made with getting the Greenlight campaign ready? Waitin' to see that trailer. And DLC 17. And the UI updates for as little as I'll be using them because I'm a class-skipping truant. And the rest of the Greenlight campaign, really.

I intentionally avoided posting again in this thread, only to find Schwarzbart say damn.

I think our patience is wearing thin. Considering that our wait now is the longest wait for new content yet, I can hardly blame him. :(

Free;

Sorry- it will come when it's ready. Amusing, really, given that we weren't originally going to do a video! ;)

Yes but when you follow greenlight just a bit you read comments like "no video automatic downvote" so its better to have one ... its even Greenlight requirement from what I read even if Valve don't enforce it.

This is where you need the Academagia Glamour class, to make things shiny and/or Flashy enough.

They got very little substance but lots of Glam,flash and shiny and occational missdirection.

It's almost ironic that it's the most popular of magic, it accomplishes the least, but I guess it's still got it's uses, especialy when you want to cause temporary effects on people, be it entertainment, hiding uglystuff or missdirection. On the otherhand, it might actually be the type of magic that causes the least damage and issues? After a while it wears off and everything will be the way it was before. Probably the safest magic, though it might cause accidents when people react to it.

Sometimes it's mental effect on people does seem to come close to a Mastery effect. But I guess it's ever so slightly less invasive. Betrayal of senses and all that..

Isn't the fact that glamour is so popular a good sign? It suggests that rallying people to help solve a problem is more useful than simply fixing it yourself with magic.

Sure I could invoke a few rocks to hover in the air and serve as a bridge, but I could also make everyone in town like me and suggest that we build a fancy bridge in honor of me (the one who suggested it - there are a surprising large amount of stuff named after me in and around town...)

hahaha! I think my mind read your reply in the worst possible manner Legate, but either way its good that things are progressing (even if it is slower than planned).

And I've got a question,... or suggestion really: Should we (as a community) try to do something nice that new Academagia-forum-viewers might see and be drawn into? I was thinking a bit like we did with Ars Magica but perhaps less grand in scale. (Beyond that though I don't really have any good ideas - hence this post)

Making a video playthrough of Academagia interesting is something I don't think anyone here could accomplish. I could be surprised, of course, maybe someone here is an up-and-coming LPer with a talent for VA, narration, storytelling, video editing and about a half-dozen other things...but I doubt it. And as for a non-video playthrough I certainly don't think I could beat this standard, but maybe someone else would like to try?

The best idea I can come up with for newcomers is a comprehensive tutorial, given that Academagia is a game that very much needs one (at least in this day and age seeing as how them danged kids don't get any decent challenge anymore I swear back in my day you couldn't get anywhere without a manual and even with a manual you better were a god at reaction times and....). Of course I already did what I could on that front, for what it's worth (especially because, you know, can't show the improved UI), so...

While I've half a mind to try making a LP, honestly, you would need at least an hour to explain the setting in an articulate manner so that you can catch the interest of anyone watching, and that's even before you start to play the game. I would love to do a text based LP just because I think it would be a lot easier to do without needing several components of the video variant, but turning it into a story would be very tricky because of the calendar system. Unless you're a good writer, I would think that you would start getting repetitive after a while. A simple review is probably the easiest but writing something like that would definitely show my bias toward the game, hehe. I'll play a new game and see if I can get some inspiration for some way to do this,

An hour long into video can work perfectly fine as a video 0/playlist preface. A video LP of Academagia is completely doable, I'm sure, it's just that a good VLP would take a whole lot of effort, talent on the part of the LPer, unreasonable amounts of time and more editing work than I've ever done. Text-based would definitely be the sane approach, and the calender system could very easily be twisted or even outright edited out of the actual story, it just takes a good writer to narrate the actions and string it all together. That's not a problem.

The problem is getting anyone interested in reading text rather than looking in Steam's general direction and getting distracted by all the non-text based shiny...

Archived