Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

I deffinately expect people to have different opinions, but the game should be reviewed and judged based on what it is, if you don't want games with a lot of text then that's not the games fault, you just got a different preference. Steam reviews can be very informative, even the negative ones, Sometimes people complain about things that I don't consider a bad or a problem. Then I will know it's somethign good if people who like that type of thigns things it's good and those who don't mostly complain about he game format or other things that I might enjoy.

I disagree. I enjoyed Academagia for having a lot of good text. Having lots of text can be good or bad not due of preference but because of quality, if your text contain too many unnecessary words it is a bad thing.

The interface makes adventure and lore more difficult to read.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the text aswell :) It's the main feature. Some parts of the UI could have been easier to read for sure. Anyway, I'm now ok with the UI since I've gotten used to it but it took me some time to figure it all out ;)

And, yeah, I know the type of texts and stories that uses a lot of words but never seems to be getting anywhere. Those tend to try my patience.

• 2 weeks later...

"Within the near to immediate future" soon or Y2 "Soon" ;)?

Still, great to hear that measurable progress is being made :). I'd ask to post the link here when the Greenlight campaign finally goes up, but I don't think any member of the Team is quite that sleep-deprived. Yet :rolleyes:.

Yeah, I'm gonna kick myself if DLC 17 comes out and I can't play the game due to Impulse.

Good news though, Stardock gave me a Steam key to the Ultimate Edition of Galciv 2. All I need to recover is Academagia and I'll be in business.

Ah that sucks, hope you manage to recover it. I have been struck with Academagia fever lately, prompting me to restart my rp and try new characters. DLC 17 would be great since my journey can continue.

I still have my saves, as they are on one of my storage drives, not the primary partition. So I'm still 100% ready for Y2. The Legate is awesome, though, so I have no concerns. Things will get straitened out... Eventually...

Maybe the Academagia 1 Greenlight should mention that year 2 should release shortly after a sucessful greenlight, that might draw some extra attention to previous owners of Year 1 who might be interested in Year 2. Assuming that's close to the truth ;)

Some people might wonder why an old game needs or should have greenlight, hearign that Year 2 is on the way and a steam release might requier it could make them click just for the sake of year 2. People might also be interested to hear that you will be able to import your year 1 game to Year 2.

Archived