Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Well shit, That would be both awesome and devastating were you to, say, lose your waifu ship trying to buff her on her death day, only to get her back and find she despises you and everything you stand for.

As a woman I could say you get what you deserve for using her in such a manner. Poor girl...

Needless to say, I won't be risking my Belles when they're vulnerable, but it's a game and we all play differently. Whatever (re-)floats your boat. :P

As a woman I could say you get what you deserve for using her in such a manner. Poor girl...

Needless to say, I won't be risking my Belles when they're vulnerable, but it's a game and we all play differently. Whatever (re-)floats your boat. :P

Oh I wouldn't dare risk my best girls on their death days in general, unless I was absolutely sure I could keep them alive at all costs. I'm just giving a hypothetical terrible situation.

So will Belles have an opinion about going out to battle on their death date? Surely some of them would be offended by you keeping them sidelined just because of a silly little thing like a greater chance of death.

mikelima77;

She is indeed reset, if you re-acquire her after being sunk. We haven't said *what* happens after she is sunk, but...she will never be the same, as a warning to you... ;)

There's no difficulty slider as such, but you can choose higher level missions for greater challenge, if so desired.

You tease...I really want to know what happens to fallen ship-girls who get revived :blink:

So will Belles have an opinion about going out to battle on their death date? Surely some of them would be offended by you keeping them sidelined just because of a silly little thing like a greater chance of death.

Hmmmm... I could see it going either way. *gears turn*

Well I'm for sure keeping Willie in the harbor on the day she sank. Knowing how these games work, her luck will be low enough already (though that's not my personal opinion on how her luck works, I doubt it could be accurately represented in-game) and she has no armor to speak of. She's gonna be risky enough to sortie normally, until she's a high level. If I have to worry about extra crits and danger...there's no way that's gonna be worth the risk.

quietly shuddering at the thought

Brought this up on the Kickstarter page when we were still struggling to get this funded that when we sink Belles that they would be half-Morgana. Not fully, just half, and obviously furious with you. Having seen what death is like I'd assume they would be fully 'Gothic' in style & personality that they would be wilder than Yuudachi in her 'Kai Ni' Nightmare of Solomon manner. That, and she would rebel, do things on her own, with the occasional interest in taking orders from you to simply kill boredom. I'm sure you could tame them when they're rebellious, yet you would have to be such a sweet talker to even tame a literal wild beast at that point of a half-Morgana.

I'm also loving the whole idea of Belles being rebellious about wanting to go out at sea on their death dates. When you don't then they should forcefully go out on their own that you would have to forcefully sortie right after them. It would piss some people off, yet it be highly amusing when you do keep her safe. You could positively scold her in return for being an overly proud Belle. The thing is, she would have to give you a timer of getting your fleet ready to follow her, then you sortie right after her, following her around the map. Imagine that scenario heh.

Someone also mentioned before that I'm mentioning for the third time that sailing a Belle to another region of the map should also save them because there have been losses at port. A few Germans also faced that fate on the western coast of France, and elsewhere. Nowhere is really safe. Ports aren't safe, their 'death date' region, & general battle. They would have to have a 'safety zone', or be heavily guarded during that day.

I think just "don't bring her into battle" is enough. Even if the ship was destroyed at port. It'd really just be busywork and an annoyance if we then have to move the belle to a specific place or have to spare resources to guard her because of the death date. Bad enough that we can't use that specific belle at that date. Having us to extra busywork is just annoying IMO.

Well we CAN use that belle on that day, RNG is just strongly in the favor of murdering her to death during said time. That said, if you do decide to use her, be sure to be willing to use all those extra resources towards guarding her to the last.

Brought this up on the Kickstarter page when we were still struggling to get this funded that when we sink Belles that they would be half-Morgana. Not fully, just half, and obviously furious with you. Having seen what death is like I'd assume they would be fully 'Gothic' in style & personality that they would be wilder than Yuudachi in her 'Kai Ni' Nightmare of Solomon manner. That, and she would rebel, do things on her own, with the occasional interest in taking orders from you to simply kill boredom. I'm sure you could tame them when they're rebellious, yet you would have to be such a sweet talker to even tame a literal wild beast at that point of a half-Morgana.

I'm also loving the whole idea of Belles being rebellious about wanting to go out at sea on their death dates. When you don't then they should forcefully go out on their own that you would have to forcefully sortie right after them. It would piss some people off, yet it be highly amusing when you do keep her safe. You could positively scold her in return for being an overly proud Belle. The thing is, she would have to give you a timer of getting your fleet ready to follow her, then you sortie right after her, following her around the map. Imagine that scenario heh.

Someone also mentioned before that I'm mentioning for the third time that sailing a Belle to another region of the map should also save them because there have been losses at port. A few Germans also faced that fate on the western coast of France, and elsewhere. Nowhere is really safe. Ports aren't safe, their 'death date' region, & general battle. They would have to have a 'safety zone', or be heavily guarded during that day.

I don't think the death days have happened though in this universe. I mean...the events of the game are going to happen in 1939...not in some vague future like Kancolle (though that's not really known at the moment).

@Procyon: Well, once we start playing we'll stumble upon them at our own playing pace. We'll reach each & every one of our Belle's death dates (if they even had one), then react accordingly to them. From what was mentioned we'll be playing in a lengthy, if somewhat compressed real-time campaign going from the start to the end of WW2. We'll then be able to continue forward in that world, or restart as a new nation, carrying over our Belles.

We'll be playing each campaign in 'real-time' (almost), yet we have to see how it truly does with a combat update. Their UI still being a WIP and all that. We need an update. I'm aware it's not KanColle time, yet the post-war stuff seems to be. Just going back, revisiting maps, and all that.

Not sure if it was answered in the Kickstarter or earlier, but will there be PvP portions (i.e. Like Kancolle for the green training things where your fleet battles someone else's fleet and you only lose ammo and fuel but gain experience from it)?

Going from that, I think I remember something being said about being able to date multiple Belles. Are you able to tell us if going into a polygamous relationship with multiple Belles confers any positives (all Belles you're dating in a fleet getting some kind of bonus) or negatives (increasingly harder to date other Belles, need to give attention to every belle you're dating)?

Here is food for thought question. Since there are leaderboards will there also be 'alliance perks'.

Example: Allies have most of the current leaderboard spaces. Axis gets perk this week to compensate

After playing a bit of fallout 4 - I was wondering how any equippable items would work. For example - is there a system equivalent to Fallout 4's legendary system? (i.e. randomly generated slightly harder opponents, but who upon death drop a randomly generated weapon with a unique modifier). Not sure how it might work - but a thought would be for example on the main map - a random destination pops up which you can choose to engage in which has slightly tougher opponents/morgana?

It involves a bit of RNG, but since multi player isn't as key for '39 - introducing might be fairly easy since balancing won't be as difficult?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

W99;

You can date them all, if you have the time and patience for it- it takes a decent investment, though. ;)

Nel;

There are individual, but not Alliance (or National) benefits for a high Ranking.

Misekato;

We haven't discussed Upgrades yet, so you'll have to wait for that Update, which will mostly answer your questions about Items...;)