Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

I have a question! Will the Belles take notice of what country you're from and mentioning about being from the same/enemy country?

Oooh Imagine if you were France and you got Nelsol, who in my headcanon has a big disliking for the French like her namesake

This popped up on another thread where they were talking about planes. But I ended up wondering during the air supremacy portions of combat if you are close to an ally base can you get ground air support to help you win air supremacy? And for air supremacy on top of the stats the Belles have for AA, will we be be able to have varied compositions for the Belles that carry planes so that we have to choose different compositions of fighters and bombers/dive bombers for combat? With the amount of planes varying from ship to ship and the planes reflecting their models by nation and the years they came into production? Sorry for the large amount of questions, when I started typing the questions kept on popping up in my head.

RA;

Yes- but in most cases, they understand that you are working against the Morgana, and that takes precedence. Even the ones that aren't happy with you, will still join you, though. :)

A little of the topic, though I would imagine it would be pretty interesting if you had both the Bismarck and HMS Hood together...O_O

FAoD;

Yep! If you set up a Base appropriately, they can perform air strikes, scout and aid your Fleet. Unless you are right next to them on the Campaign Map, they only have 1 sortie in a battle, though.

You can set up your Carriers (and Bases) with all kinds of different aircraft, from all the 7 Nations...provided you can get your hands on their squadrons! :)

FAoD;

Yep! If you set up a Base appropriately, they can perform air strikes, scout and aid your Fleet. Unless you are right next to them on the Campaign Map, they only have 1 sortie in a battle, though.

You can set up your Carriers (and Bases) with all kinds of different aircraft, from all the 7 Nations...provided you can get your hands on their squadrons! :)

Well, that means as Germany I have my work cut out for me to attempt to get the USS Enterprise as well as being able to get my hands on their lovely P51 Mustangs! If I wasnt excited before, boy am I excited now!

RA;

Yes- but in most cases, they understand that you are working against the Morgana, and that takes precedence. Even the ones that aren't happy with you, will still join you, though. :)

Nelson: You're not bad...for a French captain.

FAoD;

Well, you have about a year before the first of them are delivered, so you have a little time to get your dream Belle. ;)

Well, in that time I can have the ME109s and then mix them with the P51s when they arrive to have a nearly ultimate Air Supremacy Wing!

RA;

glad to hear. I thought it would have been kinda weird if they all were just happy to meet a captain from a nation that's been responsible for many of their countrymen's deaths.

When we're bringing up air assaults from bases & how it'll work is making me think of the new system in KanColle with air raids. Maybe not as detailed, yet with the wording shows that VB shall be more detailed. More user feedback. It however makes me think more along the lines of what I experiences in Silent Hunter 3 with you entering any of the Allied Force's air nets that you WILL get bombed by them. You will get harassed the moment you make your presence known. Only a certain amount is covered so there is a 'free-zone' where you can hunt freely, yet once you get into air protection you'll need those AA guns badly :). I strongly recommend you guys to pick up Silent Hunter 3 because you'll see what a quality game it is, as well as variety & detail. It's so damn fun that I have to keep propping it up for the likes of 'Victory Belles'.

There's the occasional fog which blinds you from your target that you have to genuinely guess where they're at.

The thought of needing special alliances with those with air squadrons, carriers & such shall be an interesting take on things. The mood & the emotions you'd feel when playing that would be fairly unique and neat.

Lastly, I really do hope the 'League of Nations', & other 'Nations' decides to attack you if you become too hostile, or too far down the deep end. There's these implied threats, yet they mean nothing on the surface. I'm assuming it's an iceberg analogy that there's more hidden, yet even so I'd be amused when the LoN comes knocking on your door to only get blasted by your Belles :P. The salt that would ensue for them getting too arrogant on their end via red tape, diplomacy, and such. I can see how it would be a hassle, yet games like this shouldn't be a cake walk. You need equal blood shed for equal reward gained. If I can vent a lot in KanColle, then so can you in Victory Belles :P

We're talking about the Morgana's planes, right? It would be a shame to see Lexington launching steampunk biplanes

And especially considering we're assuming that one Belle is Surcouf because of her plane

Something that just came to mind. What if a Belle's captain dies? What happens to them?

We're talking about the Morgana's planes, right? It would be a shame to see Lexington launching steampunk biplanes

My question was about the Morganas...

And personally I'd love to have a squadron of these babies:

Curtiss_XP-55_Ascender_in_flight_061024-