Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Well, at least AFAWK, we don't have to lose any ships in a new game+. Hopefully that remains.

Maybe if we get additional artifacts, they can play a role in refitting the belles, kind of like the Kai system in Kancolle.

I'm thinking the early Morganas in New Game Plus are gonna get a nasty shock when they face latter belles like the Iowas, the Yamatos, and the late war fleet carriers.

I prefer a George R R Martin approach to characters

Something in between works best honestly. Everyone dies eventually, yes, but not all of them have to die today. That won't stop some from dying today or tomorrow, but not all of them have to. Something like the dresden files, where they aren't afraid to kill off or cripple some characters, but the important ones are still badass enough to stay in the fight. Main characters get messed up, but not everyone ends up in a body bag with the requirement of a new cast every other episode/book.

Something in between works best honestly. Everyone dies eventually, yes, but not all of them have to die today. That won't stop some from dying today or tomorrow, but not all of them have to. Something like the dresden files, where they aren't afraid to kill off or cripple some characters, but the important ones are still badass enough to stay in the fight. Main characters get messed up, but not everyone ends up in a body bag with the requirement of a new cast every other episode/book.

Yeah true. Still I tend to not really outfit anyone with much plot armor

Yeah true. Still I tend to not really outfit anyone with much plot armor

Plot armor is stupid. Character armor on the other hand is something I can live with. (The character is able to protect themselves from harm within reason and without resorting to deus ex machina)

Another question, since the war is still progressing alongside the main story will certain historical events still occur? Such as the surrender of France, the blitz on England, operation Barbarossa, etc. And will the Belles react to this? Also will certain events that involved ships (pearl harbor, Battle of Midway) even if we have a ship, that was supposed to take part, in our fleet?

Another question, since the war is still progressing alongside the main story will certain historical events still occur? Such as the surrender of France, the blitz on England, operation Barbarossa, etc. And will the Belles react to this? Also will certain events that involved ships (pearl harbor, Battle of Midway) even if we have a ship, that was supposed to take part, in our fleet?

I'm not Legate, but I'm assuming that the actual war is put on hold on account of evil Morganas stalking about O_o.

The War continues, but at least in '39, Belles do not fight one another.

An interesting part of the game is how you can shape the course of the War, if you so choose.

You never know about future Belle v Belle, of course, because what Dano says is...well, true. :)

Hmm. So let's take an example, like say a British convoy that has one or two Belles in it that runs up against an Italian force with no Belles (Using the Battle of Cape Spartivento as an example here). Would the British Belles be able to attack the non-belled ships (and by able I know they are capable of attacking them, I mean as a Belle are they strictly confined to fighting Morganas)? And what if said Italian force did have a Belle or two? Would the Belles be able to identify which ship has a Belle and which doesn't easily? Or would it be in the thick of battle and then finally realize that there's a Belle on the opposite side?

This also raises an interesting three-way battle. What if, again, the Battle of Cape Spartivento goes off with said Belles and then the Morganas arrive? Would the non-Belled ships stop fighting one another to combat the Morganas or would that task be left to the Belled ships?

(Sorry for all the questions)

W99;

In '39, you can only attack by failure to act. Belles can always recognize Belles, however- they can sense one another, similar to how they sense the Morganas.

In theory, only Belles must face the Morganas, but in general, all combatants would lend support. They may or may not resume the battle after the Morganas have been dealt with, of course. :)

DYM;

There's a story behind that particular graphic, but I am not at liberty to say, alas! :)

So does each Nation have only one base for the player to work from? I was under the impression that we could choose from a number of bases to start from.

I believe it depends on the nation. Poland has only one base IIRC, while Britain has the likes of Scapa Flow, Portsmouth, Malta, and so on

The War continues, but at least in '39, Belles do not fight one another.

An interesting part of the game is how you can shape the course of the War, if you so choose.

You never know about future Belle v Belle, of course, because what Dano says is...well, true. :)

Will the events of the war be mentioned by the Belles? Will the English mention the Blitz? I'm gonna assume that certain naval battles don't occur since those nations' ships will be busy.