Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

W99;

Signal lamps were used in formation sailing, although the Americans used TBS. Radio, otherwise, although that had it's own risks, of course.

Belles, when they have a close relationship, can sense other Belles similar to how they can sense Morgana. It's not the same as telepathic communication, but they can understand something of the Belle's situation and feeling. Distance isn't a factor for this type of communication.

Ok, so if a Belle wanted to communicate to another Belle, it would be over radio/signal lamps/signal flags? Do they have their own built in radio into their rigs?

W9;

Likely they would, or they might use the ship's radio. Some might conceivably have a radio set right in their gear, as you suggest, too.

Alright, that makes good sense

I have a question. If the Belles are essentially manifestations of the spirit of the ship are they physical or apparitions? If physically, can they fight themselves in close combat? If not, will dating them cause them to fully manifest?

Nel;

They can be apparitions or entirely physical, and can change between forms as they please. Most prefer constantly being physical, however.

They can fight in close combat, and are terrors. They shrug off most normal damage, and are essentially immune to gunfire. The only thing capable of standing up to a Belle in '39 is a Morgana...

Nel;

They can be apparitions or entirely physical, and can change between forms as they please. Most prefer constantly being physical, however.

They can fight in close combat, and are terrors. They shrug off most normal damage, and are essentially immune to gunfire. The only thing capable of standing up to a Belle in '39 is a Morgana...

-gasp- Does that mean in the later years not only will we have to contend with Morganas, we might have to fight factions of the government that believe Belles are destructive and created weapons capable of harming Belles and Morganas? Nothings better than a little political intrigue and a little civil war!

This is the kinda thing that drew me ridiculously into Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion...

-gasp- Does that mean in the later years not only will we have to contend with Morganas, we might have to fight factions of the government that believe Belles are destructive and created weapons capable of harming Belles and Morganas? Nothings better than a little political intrigue and a little civil war!

This is the kinda thing that drew me ridiculously into Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion...

ssssh. Stealing my plot ideas. -shifty eyes-

Has it been confirmed at all what class of ship the Corruption-class are? Right now the prevailing scuttlebutt is that she is either a light cruiser or destroyer

W99;

It's not confirmed, I don't think, but I can do that now: she's a Destroyer. :)

Nice, that's really good to know (for writing reasons)