Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Lexington is particularly interesting because *everything* about both of their origins are the same. Not only named after the same battle, but they were both born in the same shipyard!

Still, they are structurally different and have very different experiences prior to becoming Belles. CV-2 had a pre-war life. CV-16 will be born into the struggle against the Morganas. Also CV-16 will have her own sisters, being a proud member of the Essex litter. From the story perspective, at least, I can definitely see ways to differentiate the two as distinct individuals.

The Cv-16 only became the Lexington after the CV-2 had been sank and the Shipyard hands where she was built wanted to rename the Cabot to Lexington in her honor. I feel that should also be important to the CV-16 Belle. So I too hope for distinct Belles for both of them. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, all of this just makes me more interested in what BCS is going to do.

Lipstig;

Yes exactly that.

Musashi also has the superior design and character in KanColle. :)

Ok, a question about the Belles: will we see sister ships or just one representative from each class? With multiple navies I imagine priority will first go to more kinds of ships rather than multiple ships of the same class, but i'd be curious to see how sister ships turn out in game.

Sorry if this was ready answered before, i've been switching between devices while working my way through this topic and lost my place a few times -_-

Sisters.jpg

Facial structure appears to be nearly identical, and seem to have similar height and build. Of course, everything else is largely different.

I do wonder if Vanguard might pop up, considering it just missed the war by two months. She meant to be completed by 1944, only to be hindered by a lack of skill labourers.

With the amount of Burning Love in the fanbase, I will be shocked if she isn't going to make an appearance. On the other hand, she is SO associated with KanColle that whatever BCS comes out with will inevitably be compared to KanColle's Kongou and a lot of haters will be very, very loud.

*wears earplugs and huggles her VB Kongou whatever she looks like*

With the amount of Burning Love in the fanbase, I will be shocked if she isn't going to make an appearance. On the other hand, she is SO associated with KanColle that whatever BCS comes out with will inevitably be compared to KanColle's Kongou and a lot of haters will be very, very loud.

*wears earplugs and huggles her VB Kongou whatever she looks like*

Indeed. I'm sure it will be fine...

1. I'm just wondering is there a release date or at least an estimate for release?

2. Will my pick for starting nation make certian belles easier to get? if I pick Germany will i be able to get german/axis belles easier than allies/soviets?

Seems a waste too. In sheer power the Yamato ships are outstanding. But service records, especially the Yamato herself, aren't really that impressive.

They were pinnacle ships built for the LAST war. As is so often the case, nations spend inordinate amounts of resources preparing for the last war, only to be somewhat/mostly/totally blindsided by the new, often relatively cheap, weapons that win the next one. The US committed the same error as Japan by building BB's in the 30's, but the US could afford to essentially waste materials on the North Carolinas and SoDaks. The Japanese didn't have that luxury. Imagine all the Taihos that could have been built for the steel dumped into Yamato, Musashi, and Shinano.

But at the same time, you have to remember that new weapons arent really important until they prove their worth. So, by the time the carriers have proven their worth in comparison to battleships the war was in full swing. The military always prefers more reliable weapons than new ones. As well as the fact that battleships were a point of pride for a country so that cant really be overlooked either.

They were pinnacle ships built for the LAST war. As is so often the case, nations spend inordinate amounts of resources preparing for the last war, only to be somewhat/mostly/totally blindsided by the new, often relatively cheap, weapons that win the next one. The US committed the same error as Japan by building BB's in the 30's, but the US could afford to essentially waste materials on the North Carolinas and SoDaks. The Japanese didn't have that luxury. Imagine all the Taihos that could have been built for the steel dumped into Yamato, Musashi, and Shinano.

But at the same time, you have to remember that new weapons arent really important until they prove their worth. So, by the time the carriers have proven their worth in comparison to battleships the war was in full swing. The military always prefers more reliable weapons than new ones. As well as the fact that battleships were a point of pride for a country so that cant really be overlooked either.

This.

It's not that it became clear that soon that aircraft carriers were becoming more and more the most important and capable capital ships of the age.

Let us remember that some aircraft carriers, early on during the war, met a rather dismal and inglorious end, such as HMS Courageous (sunk by an U-Boot), and HMS Glorious (surprised and sunk by two German battleships).

Vincent O'Hara says that these were reasons that led the Italian high command to deem that the conversion of liners to aircraft carriers would yield products of dubious utility, and perhaps very vulnerable.

Also, even after the Taranto night, doubts remained wheter the carrier-borne aircrafts could really take down a battleship, if the same was underway and fully alert. Only the sinking of the Prince of Wales and the Repulse put these doubts to rest once and for all.