Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

'Far as I'm concerned the Morgana and it's ship are the same entity, so whether it's collecting scrap or somehow capturing the girl in a cage it's research potential as far as I see it. Dangerous research potential in the latter case, but research potential all the same. As I said, to a clever person "habit" is a polite phrase for "a weakness to exploit", so learning about how the Morgana think and operate has just as much potential as researching the material than their ships are made of.

EDIT: Of course whether the actual game will mechanically support any of that is at best unknown at this point, but than there's not much to do at this point other than speculate.

Edited by Metis

'Far as I'm concerned the Morgana and it's ship are the same entity, so whether it's collecting scrap or somehow capturing the girl in a cage it's research potential as far as I see it. Dangerous research potential in the latter case, but research potential all the same. As I said, to a clever person "habit" is a polite phrase for "a weakness to exploit", so learning about how the Morgana think and operate has just as much potential as researching the material than their ships are made of.

And we can sever interMorganae comm-network exactly how?

Unknown, if it's even possible. But shooting Morganas down until there are none left to make use of that network isn't a quick (or effective) way to discover how such a network could be broken. And if the Morgana's ships rely on said network for communication rather than radio learning how to sever that connection would be an effective weapon to use against them.

Oh I just had a funny thought: planes launched from ships with Belles get a sprinkle of "Belle dust" as part of their servicing to mark them as belonging to that ship, like the fairy dust in Peter Pan (Tinkerbelle :P) and that lets the planes be empowered by the Belles until they land.

I'd imagine that supporting an 8+ crew diving to the bottom of the Atlantic to recover the wreckage of a Morgana is beyond what VB-era ships are capable off. TFTD doesn't handle depth...at all, really, but than what do you expect from a game that's basically a money-grab based off of a 1994 engine for a game who's, IIRC, only water tiles are situated in the polar regions.

Still, if Morganas sink at a workable depth, trying to recover the wreckage (or just confirming whether there is one) could be a possible mission/playstyle idea.

Maybe in one of the VB events (like how KanColle has a major event for each season every 2-3 months) one of the harder maps will give you a Morgana weapon as a reward (with quick thinking and acting, you salvaged it off her). You can then give it to your allied Nation of choice to do research and maybe reverse engineer it.

Maybe in one of the VB events (like how KanColle has a major event for each season every 2-3 months) one of the harder maps will give you a Morgana weapon as a reward (with quick thinking and acting, you salvaged it off her). You can then give it to your allied Nation of choice to do research and maybe reverse engineer it.

*Bulldog uses it as a club to smack people around*

Actually, I have a question that I'm not sure was asked yet. Will the game require a constant internet connection on mobile devices? Not saying it should or shouldn't but it would be good to confirm at least for those with lower Data usages (unlike me, 6 gigs / month go!)